Author Topic: Havoc assured "Nightmares" will definitely pop up on a future Mobb Deep m  (Read 641 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
When you pick up Mobb Deep's latest, Blood Money (in stores Tuesday), you'll notice that one of the most anticipated records on the album has been omitted: the Dr. Dre-produced "Nightmares."
"Yeah, some things happened, I can't really explain that one right there," Havoc said in New York last week.

"Basically it didn't get cleared," Prodigy added.

Havoc assured that the song will definitely pop up on a future Mobb Deep mixtape.

"You will hear it on the streets," he said. "It will be leaked. But we ain't gonna profit on it. It'll get out there some way."

http://www.rapgodfathers.com/content/view/682/30/

Eihtball

Yeah, I figured it had to be a sample clearance issue.  There's simply no other good reason that a Dre-produced track would fail to make the cut on anyone's album these days (outside of Dre's in-house projects, that is).  If it's a hot joint, then it sucks that it got cut, but oh well, we'll hear it soon I'm sure.

Diabolical

Stupid if you ask me, why release a Dre song on something that isnt going to sell.

They could release it on an EP or Dre could put a verse on it and release it on Detox

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Yeah, I figured it had to be a sample clearance issue.  There's simply no other good reason that a Dre-produced track would fail to make the cut on anyone's album these days (outside of Dre's in-house projects, that is).  If it's a hot joint, then it sucks that it got cut, but oh well, we'll hear it soon I'm sure.

it wasnt the sample that didnt get cleared

it was dre who stopped it, the rap probably sucked on it

ABN

it was Dre who aint clear it, it doesnīt say anything about any sample clearance issues. if Dre didnīt clear the song several months ago Mobb Deep shouldnīt have talked about the song at all. talk about false advertising, but itīs not like it surprised me coz everybody in G-Unit be running around sayin they gonna get Dre beats and then when the album drops thereīs no Dre songs on that shit.

herpes

it was Dre who aint clear it, it doesnīt say anything about any sample clearance issues. if Dre didnīt clear the song several months ago Mobb Deep shouldnīt have talked about the song at all. talk about false advertising, but itīs not like it surprised me coz everybody in G-Unit be running around sayin they gonna get Dre beats and then when the album drops thereīs no Dre songs on that shit.
stop acting like mobb deep/g-unit is the only rappers to do this.  Every rapper does this, every album a rapper has a song they talk about and at the last minute something comes up and it gets pulled.  So stop with the bull shit.  The hate in you is evident.

ABN

stop acting like mobb deep/g-unit is the only rappers to do this.  Every rapper does this, every album a rapper has a song they talk about and at the last minute something comes up and it gets pulled.  So stop with the bull shit.  The hate in you is evident.
the hate in me is evident? yea thatīs why i bought GRODT,SOC,HFM,BFM,Hell On Earth,The Infamous etc. and some rappers do that outside of the G-Unit camp but they certainly do it more then anyone else. all of them has gone around talkin about having Dre tracks on their albums like itīs a major selling point then the album comes out.......shit i doubt any of them including Mobb Deep has even been in the studio with Dre.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
the hate in me is evident? yea thatīs why i bought GRODT,SOC,HFM,BFM,Hell On Earth,The Infamous etc. and some rappers do that outside of the G-Unit camp but they certainly do it more then anyone else. all of them has gone around talkin about having Dre tracks on their albums like itīs a major selling point then the album comes out.......shit i doubt any of them including Mobb Deep has even been in the studio with Dre.

Well, you can see 50, Buck and Banks with Dre in the studio in that Outta Control video. Surpisingly Yayo aint there  :D

ABN

Well, you can see 50, Buck and Banks with Dre in the studio in that Outta Control video. Surpisingly Yayo aint there  :D
Dreīs worked with them as a group but not as solo artists, and Yayo may not be there coz the footageīs old ???

Matty

im glad the tune will be leaked. lol at it not being on the album though, and it obviously wasn't to do with samples..."some things happened" and he would of said it didn't get cleared due to sample issues that is a perfectly good explanation to put out....

if they got the power to leak it (unlikely) do it now onto the internet to promote the album, makes sense....
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 01:42:40 PM by Matty »

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
As far as G-Unit goes, you're ONLY getting a Dre beat on your album if your name is Curtis Jackson.

PLANT

something that comes to mind is that "No Bacctrackin" song that Snoop made for Last Meal....It was the most anticipated Snoop track since Doggystyle and it still hasnt come out :-\ :eh:

jeromechickenbone

There's no mention of samples not clearing.  Havoc says "Some things happened, I can't explain that one there".  If it was a sample clearance issue, I think Havoc has been in the game long enough to understand if that was the case.  To me that indicates that one of the higher ups didn't allow it.  My guess is that they will re-issue the album in a month or two after it's completely fallen off the charts to try bleed some more sales for all they're worth.  That, or 50 will strip their vocals from the track and use it somewhere else. 

Personally, I think it's hilarious.  Why would they not include the most hyped up song?  The one song that EVERY fan either Dre/Mobb Deep/G-Unit would want to hear? 

As far as G-Unit goes, you're ONLY getting a Dre beat on your album if your name is Curtis Jackson.

That basically sums it up.  But you really shouldn't say things like that, cuz if you speak negativley about Curtis lots of folks get nervous.

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Main Underground Stream

'Cause Yayo was in jail when they recorded Beg For Mercy.
http://TheMUSblog.blogspot.com

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
if they got the power to leak it (unlikely) do it now onto the internet to promote the album, makes sense....
You don't need power to leak a track. If you have it you just leak it.