Author Topic: Why does this whole Immigration thing matter all of a sudden?  (Read 383 times)

Suga Foot

From what I understand, it was a few Senators (or Congressmen) that brought up the issue because there is an upcoming election?

But I don't understand why this is such a big deal all of a sudden, and the average person didn't care about it a year ago.  Personally I don't think it's really a big deal because it has no affect on me.  Every country has undocumented immagrants.  I think some stupid things are being done and said about this whole issue. 

I'd love to see the Native Americans start protesting and just telling everyone to leave lol.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Why does this whole Immigration thing matter all of a sudden?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 11:27:00 AM »
From what I understand, it was a few Senators (or Congressmen) that brought up the issue because there is an upcoming election?

Thank you, that's exactly what it is.  What ever happen to the gay marriage debate? After the 2004 election, that debate has basically died.  Right now the image of the Republicans isn't so good right now, thanks to the many different problems the President and it's Administration has gone through, so one Republican wrote this nasty ass bill that was not only tough on illegal immigration( which isn't a bad idea) but it was going to take a lot of people's civil liberties away plus it would make a lot of people that help illegal immigrants criminals.  It was because of that bill that people got a bit angry and began protesting.  That's just politics, it's all about your party's image so that you can get in/stay in power. 

J Bananas

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 11:28:52 AM »
its the hot issue right now until we invade iran or some white girl gets murdered

Eihtball

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 11:30:39 AM »
Cause those damn dirty spics are spray-painting murals on the walls, and Real American finds them unpleasant to look at.

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 11:56:17 AM »
the native americans in the u.s. are all gone. 99% gone.  it's pretty sad.

interestingly, if you look at the ethnic breakdown of mexicans, it's:
60% are european/indian mix
20% indian
19% european
1% other

all the native americans in north america are pretty much in mexico.
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 12:09:17 PM »
It's been an issue for decades. These fat fucks living off our tax dollars in the Capitol just need to remind us that they actually do work.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 02:32:41 PM »

But I don't understand why this is such a big deal all of a sudden, and the average person didn't care about it a year ago.  Personally I don't think it's really a big deal because it has no affect on me.  Every country has undocumented immagrants.  I think some stupid things are being done and said about this whole issue. 

I'd love to see the Native Americans start protesting and just telling everyone to leave lol.
yeah this shit will die and then it will just be like whatever..... we are here and are here to stay... i even heard some dumb fucks i forgot where but saying that any child born by illegal immigrants in the US should not be granted US Citizenship ... WTF are you on crack homie .... BORN in this country and not a Citizen??? thats like my ass born by immigrant parents in the US but you going to tell me im not "legal" who ever came up with that shit can get a big FUCK YOU! cause ill wipe my ass with his comments cause im here to stay! this is my country as much as it is his...

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 02:42:55 PM »

yeah this shit will die and then it will just be like whatever..... we are here and are here to stay... i even heard some dumb fucks i forgot where but saying that any child born by illegal immigrants in the US should not be granted US Citizenship ... WTF are you on crack homie .... BORN in this country and not a Citizen??? thats like my ass born by immigrant parents in the US but you going to tell me im not "legal" who ever came up with that shit can get a big FUCK YOU! cause ill wipe my ass with his comments cause im here to stay! this is my country as much as it is his...

What the fuck are you talking about. Most countries don't give automatic citizenship to anyone born in their country. Mexico sure as hell doesn't.

Tons of wo,em that want to be Americans sneak into our country when they are pregnant to give birth. Then they use their American child to gain citizenship for themselves. It is called an anchor baby. Real fair to all the people waiting to get in the US the legal way, huh?

QUESTION EVERYTHING!

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 06:25:36 PM »

You're exactly right, I made this point a few weeks ago, the immigrant issue is one totally concocted by the media and a few senators.  IT IS a valid problem, but largely ignored by the government until a few people decided to incite the issue a few months ago.