Author Topic: What brings happiness, unity and peace? I'll give you a hint: Not religion.  (Read 561 times)

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
I swear, all you guys debate about who's religion is right, or who's is wrong. It leads to nowhere, and it always will lead to nowhere. I've been to countless churches, mosques, etc. And never have I seen so many blinded people. All these fucking conflicts over religion. Don't you see a pattern?

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Sweet, now we got 3 sides to the debate. 

WestCoasta

^^^ yup

look back at my posts, u'll see I have always regarded religion as the main source of violence in this world

can't we all agree that u all are stupid?   dudes who really think their shit is superior, fuckin morons

there's no problem with having beliefs, but keep them to yourselfs

when you preach it and argue what is right, your nothin but an obsessed loser who has lost grips with the world and reality and use religion as a crutch, and a way to start problems

it's all just a problem, but of course no one will ever admit it, that's fine

bottom line - keep that shit to yourself

anyone with any logic and common sense can see radical religious weirdos are a major problem

Sikotic™

Genius post.

+1 Zepehr

Believe what ever you want, but don't tell me what I believe (or don't) is wrong when you can't even prove your belief is right.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

WestCoasta

Believe what ever you want, but don't tell me what I believe (or don't) is wrong when you can't even prove your belief is right.

pretty much sums it up.... but u know some dipshit will disagree  :whistle:

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
look back at my posts, u'll see I have always regarded religion as the main source of violence in this world

be reasonable.  
are the ongoing debates here going to lead to violence?  no.  
cats act like if everyone isn't singing kumbaya the world is in disarray.  

is religion the main source of violence?  no.  religion is exploited and used to justify violence, as a cover for man's own selfish desires.  it's not reasonable to suggest religion is the main source of violence.

dudes who really think their shit is superior, fuckin morons

these arguments aren't about "who's beliefs are superior?" but allowing people to clarify and justify what they believe.  it's no different than arguing politics or economics.  at the root those debates are largely theoretical as well.

there's no problem with having beliefs, but keep them to yourself

a belief that cannot withstand scrutiny is a belief not worth holding.  why bother believing something if it isn't something that can be defended.

when you preach it and argue what is right, your nothin but an obsessed loser who has lost grips with the world and reality and use religion as a crutch, and a way to start problems

i also am not a fan of preaching, i don't think there is any harm in a plurality of religious ideas.  i disagree with your suggestion that these debates are some sort of problem.  and i also disagree that these debators (of which i've been one) have lost grips with the world.  the debate is not that big of a deal.  not nearly as detrimental as you suggest.
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Yeah, every single religion has its people that worship it, but respect other religions for their way of thinking,
and then you have your close minded people who try to "prove" that their religion is better

one thing that is true and factual is that religion (not any one in particular) has been used as a source of power, which of course CAN lead to violence, many inviduals have been killed in the past for their belief not matching what that corresponding society worships.

and this is just religion, if you mix it up with polticis, economics like mentiond before, then it can become much worse, but thats how it is. even til today and still running,

herpes

I swear, all you guys debate about who's religion is right, or who's is wrong. It leads to nowhere, and it always will lead to nowhere. I've been to countless churches, mosques, etc. And never have I seen so many blinded people. All these fucking conflicts over religion. Don't you see a pattern?
I used to think the same way you did.  But its not these religions fault.  Religion is a beautiful thing.  Its the people around these religions that corrupt it.  A person's most deepest an sacred beliefs are also there most easiest to corrupt. When you let some corrupt those beliefs your giving them absolute power over you.  absolute power corrupts absolutly.  It aint religion that courrupted us.  Its just human nature.

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
Don't get me wrong. I'm not gonna pull that whole immature "omG ur such a fag muzlim" bullshit. I respect people's beliefs and views, but there is a line you can cross, which I've seen many on this forum do. I respect the morals and values of these religions but like, I feel embarrassed for people like Infinite who straight up make the religion look like its followed by strictly pyschopaths.

WestCoasta

be reasonable.  
are the ongoing debates here going to lead to violence?  no.  
cats act like if everyone isn't singing kumbaya the world is in disarray.  

is religion the main source of violence?  no.  religion is exploited and used to justify violence, as a cover for man's own selfish desires.  it's not reasonable to suggest religion is the main source of violence.

dudes who really think their shit is superior, fuckin morons

these arguments aren't about "who's beliefs are superior?" but allowing people to clarify and justify what they believe.  it's no different than arguing politics or economics.  at the root those debates are largely theoretical as well.

there's no problem with having beliefs, but keep them to yourself

a belief that cannot withstand scrutiny is a belief not worth holding.  why bother believing something if it isn't something that can be defended.

i also am not a fan of preaching, i don't think there is any harm in a plurality of religious ideas.  i disagree with your suggestion that these debates are some sort of problem.  and i also disagree that these debators (of which i've been one) have lost grips with the world.  the debate is not that big of a deal.  not nearly as detrimental as you suggest.

well, there a few valid points, and I respect what you wrote, although I still stick by what I wrote

however I thank u for not coming at me in a harsh way and telling me I'm wrong

if only all conversations could go like this  ;D

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
False Story

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8