Author Topic: where in the koran does it say not to draw cartoons ?  (Read 202 times)

coola

where in the koran does it say not to draw cartoons ?
« on: May 03, 2006, 06:23:45 AM »
in the koran, does it say not to draw humiliating cartoons of mohammed ?

just a question, seeing as infinitely naive follows the koran word by word.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: where in the koran does it say not to draw cartoons ?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 06:28:28 AM »
even I know that you arent supposed to draw that dude, so it's kinda implicating that you arent supposed to draw humiliating cartoons.

didn't mean to take away the challenge for infinite, Im just pretty sure he knows that. Im not sure if it stands explicitly in the qu'ran tho, don't know that book.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 07:25:32 AM »
this is not in the qu'ran, i believe it is in hadith.

the bible does have a commandment prohibiting these sorts of images and likenesses:

exodus 20:4-6
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

so while you question the qu'ran, it is the holy bible that directly prohibits the creation of such images, and this is in the ten commandments; the direct word of god to moses.  luckily for the catholics, the catholic church changed the ten commandments to something more palatable for their needs, which allows them to worship images and statues of mary, and to use images and statues of mary and of christ in their conquests across the world.

so i guess it's only protestant christian sects that can't create these sorts images; unless they also believe that the pope's word trumps god's word.
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 11:38:49 AM »
in the koran, does it say not to draw humiliating cartoons of mohammed ?

just a question, seeing as infinitely naive follows the koran word by word.

Islam is the religion of submission to the highest power, it's been around since the beggining of time.  Infact, man is not even necassary for the religion of Islam.  If Allah wanted, he could just have the rocks and birds call out his praises.  Islam is not attatched to any person, place, religion, or time.  It's also not a religion of personalities.  So in general, Islam is opposed to attatching so much importance to facial features, drawings of religious figures, etc.   Although, their is definitely no specific condemnation of the act in the Qu'ran.

My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 12:09:44 PM »
You can't quote the Bible to show its flaws and then quote the Bible to support your arguments. It's either one or the other. That's something John Kerry would do.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 12:19:54 PM »
Yeah its always good to respect religions
I just thought it was crazy comedy central banned south park from have the image of mohammed on there..I mean its had Jesus and God displayed there
plus its just comedy,
if they can show those two as cartoons, they should be able to show it all, not just a few and ban others

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 12:39:40 PM »
You can't quote the Bible to show its flaws and then quote the Bible to support your arguments. It's either one or the other. That's something John Kerry would do.

l never said it was a flaw.  i don't think any of the ten commandments are flawed (and i acknowledge breaking several of them with some regularity).  i found it ironic when it is the bible that specifically prohibits graven images and likenesses and not the qu'ran.

for the record, i don't have a problem with "the bible" in general.  i have a problem with specific books within the bible; remember, "the bible" was assembled officially by the catholic church.  the bible is a collection of books and scriptures that were present at the time. i do have an issue with some of the books that were included, particularly those in the new testament written by paul and his associates.  but "the bible" in general is ok by me.     the ten commandments are ok by me.

there is no flip-flopping here.  i have not yet quoted any of the verses in the bible that i disagreed with in any thread.

i've been trying to make one point and failing, apparently.  islam and christianity and judiasm are far closer than people like to acknowledge.  i think it's ironic when people criticize islam and the qu'ran for saying the same things that are stated in the bible; without realizing those very same ideas are within the bible itself.   this is a case where a custom and tradition in much of the muslim world is being criticized, when the same principle is established as the direct word of god in the bible, and thus law.
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2006, 01:44:56 PM »

i've been trying to make one point and failing, apparently.  islam and christianity and judiasm are far closer than people like to acknowledge.  i think it's ironic when people criticize islam and the qu'ran for saying the same things that are stated in the bible; without realizing those very same ideas are within the bible itself.   this is a case where a custom and tradition in much of the muslim world is being criticized, when the same principle is established as the direct word of god in the bible, and thus law.

Hey, I got no beef with that. I just coulda swore that in another thread you claimed the bible was contradicting itself, therfore showing flaws in it and then in this thread using it to back up your statement. There's way too many threads to search for what I thought you said so maybe I made a mistake. My bad.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE