Author Topic: What's everyone think of Stephen Colbert Dissin Bush?  (Read 890 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
What's everyone think of Stephen Colbert Dissin Bush?
« on: May 03, 2006, 04:50:22 PM »
Anyone see S.C. dissin the hell out of Bush the other day? Shit was crazy... if you haven't seen it, check it.  If you have, what you think?

You can watch it by going here

http://thankyoustephencolbert.org/

the links to the vid are at the bottom.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: What's everyone think of Stephen Colbert Dissin Bush?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 04:59:53 PM »

Hi Ant yeah I saw this to and read this article on it...

Colbert Reaction Shows Media Are Frightened Of Bush
Another alarm bell warning that dictatorship is near

Paul Joseph Watson/Prison Planet.com | May 3 2006

It wasn't the reaction of President Bush that interested me, nor the meanderings of Fox News. The way in which the media received Stephen Colbert's act during the White House Correspondents Dinner should set alarm bells ringing about the real state of the union.

The attending press whores were frightened to laugh at Colbert because they didn't want to upset their boss, George W. Bush.

Anyone with half a brain could see that Colbert's routine (watch the video) was funnier than the Bush lookalike 'dumb and dumber' skit, an over scripted painful bore that nevertheless garnered loud guffaws from the audience.

But Colbert's expertly honed Neo-Con Bush worshipping performance was met with guarded silence at many points during the keynote address.

Colbert himself made reference to this on the Monday edition of Comedy Central's The Colbert Report (video below), noting the mute response to his quip that the administration were re-arranging deck chairs on the Hindenburg.

"The crowd were ready to carry me out on their shoulders, even though I wasn't actually ready to leave," joked Colbert.

Subsequent reports on the dinner almost completely omitted Colbert's 30 minute speech, focusing instead on the 5 minute tedious two Bushes act, despite the fact that Colbert's performance was one of the most biting and revelatory satirical masterpieces in years, and Colbert had the guts to pull it all off right in front of Bush's face, an action described as "Ballsalicious" by Colbert's cohort John Stewart.

In the aftermath of the dinner reports are emerging that Bush is on the warpath. "He's got that look that he's ready to blow," one aide told US News and World Report. Those familiar with Bush's tantrums and swearing fits will not be shocked to hear that the 'Commander in Chief' has once again reverted to the behavior of a 6-year-old in the face of criticism and lack of fealty.

But if Bush is the 6-year-old with a temper problem then the media is the younger kid that he bullies. The yellow streak witnessed at Saturday's dinner mirrors the standard of journalistic integrity these whores uphold. Prostrate and kneeling before their imperial master, they once again fall in line to sell another war without end.

When a satirical routine that mocks the President is treated with hushed tones and darting glares from the very supposed guardians of free speech, it spells danger for the ability to dissent in America without being castigated as a misbehaving gadfly.

http://www.infowars.com/articles/media/colbert_reaction_shows_media_frightened.htm

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 05:04:56 PM »
 ;D     
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

J Bananas

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 05:33:23 PM »

Hi Ant yeah I saw this to and read this article on it...

lol

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 05:46:39 PM »
Bush's comedic performance was better.

As for the article Virtuoso posted, what exactly should the media done? Interuppted regular programming with the urgent news bulletin that a comic was making fun of President Bush? Big deal...it was a fucking roast. Jay Leno did the same thing last year.

herpes

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 06:44:10 PM »
i was lucky enough to actually watch this on tv.  LMAO @ bush starting off all shits and giggles and becoming gloom faced by the end.

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 08:13:07 PM »
It was overrated. The look on Bush is what made it so great.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2006, 10:30:22 PM »
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 05:50:18 AM »
yea i thought it was pretty funny, but also very suprised he was invited to do his routine. props to bush for putting up with it

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

coola

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2006, 07:03:54 AM »
how the fuck did bush become president ?

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2006, 07:06:09 AM »
where have u been?

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

coola

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2006, 07:08:47 AM »
^ studying the qu'ran, hittin my 8 wives, keepin away from bacon, you ?

coola

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2006, 07:12:28 AM »
stephen colbert has balls of steel... imagine dissin the president of U.S right in fron of him... max respect. composed himself beautifully, standing at that podium, he would've been shitting his pants...

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2006, 07:14:36 AM »
It was overrated. The look on Bush is what made it so great.

The fact that he did it right in front of Bush and everyone else makes it rated just fine. It may not have been the best Bush critique or the funniest, but so far it was the bravest, and that's what made it extra funny, and it wasn't too disrespectful to the point it seemed childish. (Someone said Leno did that last year. I haven't seen that one and I'm not sure how much Lwno dissed anyone so I won't comment on ehich one was better or took more balls).

Wessia4LiaNia Chieee Chieee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'M Mo' Than a God I'M a Warrior
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2006, 11:20:53 AM »
i feel good about anyone who's dissing Bush
Lyrical Swords 4 Lia