Author Topic: Something I wanna address-concerning Stillmatic...  (Read 3445 times)

PLANT

Re: Something I wanna address-concerning Stillmati
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2002, 06:34:49 AM »
NAS IS THE KING.   STRAIGHT THE FUCK UP.   JAYZ IS IN SECOND PLACE.   PERIOD.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Jome

« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2002, 07:46:41 AM »
NAS IS THE KING.   STRAIGHT THE FUCK UP.   JAYZ IS IN SECOND PLACE.   PERIOD.
If you say so
::) ::)

PLANT

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2002, 03:17:50 PM »

If you say so
::) ::)

see , to me, people shouldnt beef over this kinda shit...just cuz nas n jay got beef people wanna stick up for them...thas like if someone said snoop was king and the next man said it was dre, no one would beef cuz they cool right?  but in here, people actin like they know nas n jay and they got to stick up for them and shit...and i dont think jay z's wack, i think all his albums are great, same w/ nas...but right now, nas is on another level that jayz never been at...hes hungry, wants the crown back...jay been stuck on the same issues for his last few albums, nas is on another lever emotionaly, spiritually, whatever u call it. u can hear it in his voice and feel it in his lyrics. i ve been a fan of nas and jayz music for a long time now and i aint defendin one man, just listen and u can hear it...songs like what goes around, one mic, and rule seperate nas from jay z...take a listen...i did...and you'll see
;D

Jome

« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2002, 03:33:57 PM »
A whole lot

Yeah, I've got both Stillmatic & Blueprint, and could give a mad fuck about who is the "king" whateva dawg.::)
What I think makes Jigga a tad bit sharper than Nas, is all the average tracks Nas puts out. Also, while both rappers sound full of themselves, Nas doesn't sound any convincing neither in interviews or on record. I know he's lying much of the time, it's when he gets philosophical he's at his best, but when does reach that "next" level, the beat doesn't always match his lyrics, and therefore the final outcome doesn't get as good as it could have been.
Either way, fuck the king-shit, they both will survive as artists.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2002, 03:59:28 AM »
first of all i dont need your review cause i have all his albums...so im not hating...first of all most of those songs you named were tight but "anything"????? that song was hot gahbage.......second of all you left out all the average songs like "things that u do" and "big pimpin" and the garbage like "s.carter" and "pop 4 roc"....im not hating on vol.3 it is better than vol.2 and probably about 4 mics but definitely not anymore than that....

yes you right bout "pop 4 roc"...that realy waz a pretty anoying track...filled over tha top wit  r.o.c"z JIGGA wannabez.....but as for "S.CARTER"....tha only thing i din"t like bout "s.carter" iz AMIL(and not to a point i cant take it...she wan"t there long enough :) ).....as for "thingz dat you do"...yea ...it waz kinda dancy and shit...may be even comersially motivated....but...JIGGAz lyricz waz sharp as fuck (datz one of JIGGA ADVANTAGEZ...even some comersially motivated piecez sound fresh lyricwise)...and tha only flaw of this track iz it"z beat....
lol..."BIG pimpin" waz not less of a track than ...hmmm letz say...westcoastez... DREz/kutruptz "housewife"...for example,
....just "pimpin" had much better crafted lyricz...while waz entertainin" just as much.
SO BASICLY....this album haz a coupla flawz(dat"z why it ain"t a 5)....a very lil number of"em that mainly r driven from tha fact jigga waz trying to promote hiz rocafella inmates....ALONG WIT A COUPLA WEAK BEATZ.....but tha weak momentz iz easily overshadowed by tha overall quallity of this album....tha lyrical structuring iz a + factor for this piece.

p.s "anythang" waz tight.....
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

John Smith

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1 Final!
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2002, 05:45:02 AM »
i agree with you...it was a tight cd 4-4.25 (imo)...you made some good points...i just wasnt really feeling "anything" (imo)