Author Topic: Yeah I AGREE NOW!!!  (Read 852 times)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Yeah I AGREE NOW!!!
« on: May 06, 2006, 06:22:51 PM »
Tha Doggfather album is more a disapointment than a Classic , I was listening to it everynight  for over a month (without skippin) and yes its a disapointment, and not because of the beats but because of Snoop himself, lyrics wise and flow wise, and why the fuck did they put "freestyle conversation"' on there? ..shit is wack

anyway i felt like sharing this with y'all

Fonky Fresh

Re: Yeah I AGREE NOW!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 06:42:29 PM »
thats what i claims since YEARS i was hella disapointed when this came out especially on the dpgc reunions tracks

the first single was Ok  but after that, that was the big blank
Watch Now Old School Rap Videos here: THIS PAGE
My soundcloud !

thugz_passion

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 08:17:37 PM »
after chronic & doggystyle
he jus went downhill
dunno how he made so much money thru the years

WestCoasta

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 08:18:47 PM »
yeah right, I like this CD better than "Doggstyle"

Diabolical

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2006, 08:40:46 PM »

Boy, you crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

d-nice

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2006, 09:12:28 PM »
I liked the album. Doggystyle it was not but the production was tight (Pooh and Daz) alot of dpgc appearances (kurupt was vintage on that disc) and Snoop you gotta remember lost Dr. Dre. Dre was not just a producer for Snoop, he also directed Snoop's music. Flow, lyrics, song structure everything. Nothing against Daz and DJ Pooh but it just seemed like Snoop was getting in the studio and just bustin some tight freestyles (And that pimp persona started to come out on this album too). I think that murder trial took alot out of Snoop. This album he was thinking about what he said and the impact it might have on people and he even said in a interview that he wanted to get away from that hardcore rap. I think now he has found a medium inbetween. He is not the same rapper with just gangsta rap and he is not going to feel like he is just a 1 dimensional rapper either. He has become a more complete artist. I agree it was a HUGE drop from Doggystyle but I still bump that album.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 09:23:00 PM by d-nice »

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2006, 09:16:10 PM »
doggystyle is a fuckin classic, Doggfather never had a chance it was such a high standard to surpass.
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2006, 09:29:48 PM »
yeah it was ok,
The game is to be sold not to be told was garbage.
Even qith Dj quik production top dogg was just ok
Last meal i thought was pretty damn good
and i havent bough a snoop album since becase i see the singles here songs here and there and i cant take it.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2006, 09:36:36 PM »

please tell me you're not serious
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

WestCoasta

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2006, 09:38:16 PM »

please tell me you're not serious

yes son, I am

*although I just slightly prefer listening to that one more...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 09:43:48 PM by we$t coa$t »

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2006, 09:45:38 PM »
actually I think that the only reason to really enjoy the album is for the production and the features....because Snoop was really wack on it...Im not saying that the album was wack and stuff, because everything is right on it (although its not well mixed) the only wrong thing about this album is Snoop., knowing that his first album was a classic and one of the best Rap album in History people were expecting something as good as his debut, lyrically, and flow wise he's like sleeping, thats the only thing I hate about this album...Listen to Sixx Minute, The beat is OFF THE HOOK...but he messed it up with his flow!!...by the way I do not think Da Game is a bad album, Y'all just need to change the album title, and put No Limit Presents Instead of Snoop Dogg and u'll get a nice South Record

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2006, 02:30:08 AM »
The reply value of this album is zero and it sounds like it wasnt mastered and mixed at all.

Groupie is off the hook though  8)

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2006, 03:15:17 AM »
The reply value of this album is zero and it sounds like it wasnt mastered and mixed at all.

Groupie is off the hook though 8)

groupie, that track wit tray dee forgot wat its called, and the wild west track

sorry i have jus got up and cant remember any names of tracks
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2006, 11:26:58 AM »
I think expectationz were just too high cause most people were expectin' a Doggystyle 2 but even though Doggfather didn't reach classic status I think itz a very good album nevertheless still bump that from time to time!

Also keep in mind that this was a very turbulent period of time for Snoop as well as Death Row in general: Pac had just got killed, Snoop beat his murder case, Dre left, tha so called East vs West war... I also think Snoop felt a tremendous pressure to deliver a good album without Dre and he felt tha need to prove that tha beatz don't make him like he said himself on tha album...

Itz no Doggystyle but anyone with a bit of hip hop knowledge at that time knew not to expect something similar, I still think Daz could have done a better job though cause I was more dissapointed with his production on Tha Doggfather than Snoop'z lyrical skillz...

Still my fav cut has alwayz been tha title track, I just saw tha video for it last year didn't even know there was a vid for it!! :(

~Loyalty Is Everything~

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2006, 04:32:36 PM »

:laugh: