Author Topic: Yeah I AGREE NOW!!!  (Read 837 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Re: Yeah I AGREE NOW!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2006, 04:37:39 PM »
ya'll trippin IMO its snoops 2ns best cd...

The Watcher

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2006, 04:55:14 PM »
ya'll trippin IMO its snoops 2ns best cd...

word
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Sikotic™

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2006, 05:17:03 PM »
I still feel it was one of his better albums considering his days with No Limit and the albums after that.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

CanadActive

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Only one GOAT... MJ
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2006, 07:14:56 PM »
Gold Rush
Tha Doggfather
Up Jump Da Boogie
and Sixxx "fucking" Minutes

Those tracks are classics imo

Snoop won't make 2 doggystyle... 

It's his second best album by far (for the beats, the feats and the FLOW)

Last Meal is also very good imo

Quit hating on one of the greatest west coast rapper...  Not all his albums are good as Doggystyle but damn, his a fucking good rapper who made somme fucking good songs
The Canadian Polish

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2006, 10:48:17 PM »
i like it way better now than i did when it came out

Okka

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2006, 01:56:14 AM »
"Tha Doggfather" doesn't even come close to a classic, but some tracks are classic though, shit like "(O.J) Wake Up", "2001", "Downtown Assassins" & "Goldrush" are tracks that you can bump always, and never get tired of them  8)

PLANT

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2006, 03:37:37 AM »
Doggfather is dope.....The only thing they fucked up was the vocals.....Suge & DJ Pooh did a bad job executive producing/mixing that album....Snoops vocals should have been turned up on many tracks.....

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2006, 04:19:13 AM »
Groupie and Blueberry are both sick tracks.

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2006, 04:24:14 AM »
DOGGFATHER IS A DAMN CLASSIC...Its not better then Doggystyle but its close to it!! damn DOWNTOWN ASSASSINS -CLASSIC!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2006, 09:31:00 AM »
IMO Doggystyle n Doggfather are the only good snoop albums. Doggystyle is better but both are classics.

BTW yall trippin Sixx Minutes is dope!!

1980DRE

• 'G'
  • Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week...
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2006, 10:00:41 AM »
yeah right, I like this CD better than "Doggstyle"
you can't be serious :grumpy:

Eihtball

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2006, 07:30:33 PM »
I bought this album around the time it came out, even though I knew in advance Dre wouldn't be on it.  Despite what some of y'all have said, I actually didn't think Snoop's lyrics were wack...he'd tighted up his flow a bit from his "Doggystyle" days.  The problem I had was that the production was basically blah; nothing really wack (except that "Snoop Bounce" shit), but nothing really well-done, either.  I know some of y'all like Daz and Pooh, but keep in mind that this was the point where G-Funk was played out, so you would've been numb to it then...and the fact is, those cats weren't on Dre's level anyway.  I had low expectations so I wasn't too disappointed, but I still don't really bump "Tha Doggfather" much these days.

he even said in a interview that he wanted to get away from that hardcore rap.

I think that's kinda ironic, because "Tha Doggfather" is pretty much the only Snoop Dogg album I'd classify as "hardcore" rap.  Usually, Snoop's always been about that laid-back player/pimp shit (starting on "Doggystyle"), but his vocal tone and his delivery were far more confrontational and thuggish on "Tha Doggfather" than they would ever be on his later albums.  I also thought it was out-of-character for him, and I was glad that he got back to the player shit by the time he went to No Limit.

I still feel it was one of his better albums considering his days with No Limit and the albums after that.

Man, you crazy..."No Limit Top Dogg", "Tha Last Meal", and both of Tha Eastsidaz album are excellent, and most definitely better than "Tha Doggfather".
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 07:32:57 PM by Tha Spirt Ov Allah Clarence 13Xtra Tha Fatha (Iz Active) »