Author Topic: A Question 4 Overseer  (Read 517 times)

da_notorious_mack

A Question 4 Overseer
« on: July 02, 2002, 05:42:57 AM »
There is a point to these questions

Do you support hip hop??

Is hip hop about freedom of speech(among other things)?

After you've replied,ill tell you why i've asked these question's

pz~
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Don Seer

Re: A Question 4 Overseer
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2002, 08:02:31 AM »
1) yes

2) yes. but it also about the protection of the community and sharing knowledge.

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2002, 09:35:06 PM »
and... ?

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2002, 12:02:02 PM »
Alright here go's......

Overseer you claim to support hip hop,yet you tryed to stop one of its main aspects takin place on the board.I am of course talkin about the maxi and time incident.Now i could understand the ban if they had said it in conversation or in a different forum,but they wrote it in a ryme,by bannin them you are takin their right to express their opinion away,which as i said before,is 1 of the main aspects of something you claim to support,i mean this is probably summat they felt at the tyme,as i know a lot of peeps were pissed the boards were down and at least these two had the guts to post up their opinionz,unlike some(im not goin to mention names,the ppl know who they are),and i cannot speak 4 maxi as i dont know him but timelock deeply regrets his actions,and i think you two should try and sort this out like men,so overseer i put it to you like this!if time is man enought to write you a apology ryme,are you man enough to accept it?

then i wont be able to say you are not really supportin hip hop and are tryin to stop ppl speakly freely in their rymes

p.s plz dont ban me 4 writin this,i just think its a bit unfair,i know it werent no1's fault the board broke but to be fair,they werent the only 1's pissed were they???

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2002, 12:23:38 PM »
Alright here go's......

Overseer you claim to support hip hop,yet you tryed to stop one of its main aspects takin place on the board.I am of course talkin about the maxi and time incident.Now i could understand the ban if they had said it in conversation or in a different forum,but they wrote it in a ryme,by bannin them you are takin their right to express their opinion away,which as i said before,is 1 of the main aspects of something you claim to support,i mean this is probably summat they felt at the tyme,as i know a lot of peeps were pissed the boards were down and at least these two had the guts to post up their opinionz,unlike some(im not goin to mention names,the ppl know who they are),and i cannot speak 4 maxi as i dont know him but timelock deeply regrets his actions,and i think you two should try and sort this out like men,so overseer i put it to you like this!if time is man enought to write you a apology ryme,are you man enough to accept it?

then i wont be able to say you are not really supportin hip hop and are tryin to stop ppl speakly freely in their rymes

p.s plz dont ban me 4 writin this,i just think its a bit unfair,i know it werent no1's fault the board broke but to be fair,they werent the only 1's pissed were they???

What the fuck does that have to do with 'supporting hiphop'?

They pulled a bitch move and spread lies about me and the board at a time when shit was bad.

i got no love for hoe's that kick and diss people when they're  
down.

Hiphop isn't turning your back on and spitting on people the second u think shits turned sour.

I PAY for and PROVIDE and MAINTAIN a free service and 'thats the mutherfuckin thanks i get' hell no.

so fuck MAXI and fuck TIMELOCK.

i'm out.

bez

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2002, 12:38:43 PM »
NWell said seer, If I had to pay for sumit monhtly and put alot of hard work into sumit, people wud abide by my rules and respect the amount of time and shit I would be putting in to give people a place like this to go to on the net.  I toitally agree with seer

elneckio

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2002, 07:22:04 AM »
I'm definetely with Seer here, if people realised half the amount of time, effort and not to mention money that both he and Rud put into keeping WCC alive and working then you would show much more patience when it does experience problems.  

When problems are experienced it is common that the problem is at the hosts end which is outside of Overseers control and unless he makes a 2000 mile trip he has to wait for their support to be available to fix it, usually within hours.  He is as stuck as everyone else in this situation, the difference being he has to put up with a barrage of instant messages and email telling him what he already knows and having to explain it is not his fault which must make the downtime for him feel like an eternity.

The other main issue which can cause downtime is the scripts being used for the board having a bug, these scripts are Free (just like this board) therefore Overseer does his best to fix them or the data they have broken himself.  The only way of fixing this quicker would be to buy a commercial board which may have similar problems but have guaranteed support, if anybody wants to donate the money to purchase this I'm sure Overseer would be happy to receive your EMail !

I believe the current host WCC is using is the third and compared to the rest is a lot better.  In comparison to other sites on the web this ones uptime is extremely good considering the amount of traffic passing through it.

WCC is NOT a life support machine it can go down without heart rates having to speed up or stop.

/ me jumps off of Soapbox.  ;)
"just do what he says.. i find to my expense he's always right." ... Overseer 24/04/02

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2002, 07:53:42 AM »
Though I do know for myself that TimeLock is sorry. His a cool friend of mine in real life. And if he apologized, would that make things cool. 'Cause as people we also make mistakes. Myself, I remember the board split, and I went with my site at WC Killaz, and I was not banned, though I support B-pLeAsE and his views about that situation. TimeLock was fustrated, and acted out, and I think that it was done wrongly. It' your call, but myself don't feel someone that has added much to the community should just be cancelled out without an explaination, and right to defend themselves. Most the world has trial, and if the member has been a great contibuter, like a Big Jake, or TimeLock, then they should at least have the right to defend themselves. I know if I fucked up, I at least would want that after what I have done in this board, such as a WCC Keystyle Hall of Fame and such.

Don Seer

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2002, 08:24:25 AM »
Code: [Select]
FUCK WCC... the (W)ack (C)onnection...shit need some (C)orrection/
and not to mention... the out of place location/
what the fuck happened to the Lab and the Keystyle section/
shit just fucked up... wiped post clean like curb-side sanitation/
u can bet now i'm gone quick, with speedy evasion/
fuck a long drawn out conversation/
dubcc gets switched off quick like a commercial radio station/
West Coast Conncetion...WTF is West and your relation/
u got nothing to do with Tha West...u out of place and out of time.../
so FUCK U!....on here, this is gonna be ma last rhyme/
as far as i'm conserned, me posting here again would be, a waste of my mind/
after this shit, the "Time" spits, not another line/

Maxi:

Fuck WCC what are we going to use-to-post the net geeks from the site r wonderen how we lose-the-hoast/  
What happened to keystyle how we gonna witness the fight-of-a-vet, what goods the WCC when the site-wont-connect/  
Maybe a hacker took off the rights-of-the-net, Fuck the WCC itz like a play with no lights-for-the-set/  
WCC fuck that site it cant fake-it-its-gay, someone should go to overseers house and just take-it-away/  
Fuck the connection everyone sick-of-the-shit, wcc leaves a bad impression like a dick-in-some-shit/  
Put back up the keystyle section so i can spit-something-sick, ima part of WCC history and im changeing it by flipping-the-script/  
Can everyone believe-the-strife, fuck WCC ima disconnect my connection and just be leaven-the-site/  
WCC is doomed like a bitch in a fast-car, id say i enjoyed my time here but i dont lie, WCC is like a sitcom and ima cast-star/  
FUCK WCC is gonne be my last-bar/  

WE OUT DISS BITCH....MUTHAFUKAZ!!!!)

1) why does timelock keep having people msging me and not try to explain himself?

2a) they both said they were leaving.
2b) they both came back as soon as the board was fixed.

3) big jake is another issue. BUT at least he was man enough to contact me outside wcc.. even if he was still running with the same script. he doesnt understand why he was demodded. yet he understands why he was banned.

btw on your community argument.. priests do a lot for the community.. but they still fiddle with little boys.. does that make it right?