Author Topic: ***Offical E3 2006 Thread*** *update* GTA4 officially coming to 360 and PS3!!!  (Read 6309 times)

Trauma-san

Re: ***Offical E3 2006 Thread*** *update* ps3 pricing inside!!
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2006, 06:26:22 AM »
They'll call it something different.

The whole shit about the scaled down version being half the system the full system is and not upgradeable is pathetic.  You know that's got to all be designed to cut manufacturing costs since they're losing their ass on a system that may (or may not!) be marginally more powerful than the 360. 

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2006, 06:41:34 AM »
Whatever happens, I just wanna play Metal Gear Solid 4 and it seems like I need a PS3 to do that.

MIC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2006, 06:57:24 AM »

The funniest part was when they were presenting some game and started talking about a revolutionary feature called:

REAL TIME WEAPON CHANGE  ;D

Woohooo, REAL TIME WEAPON CHANGE, incredible   :D

ROFL

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2006, 07:02:15 AM »
trauma, do you think nintendo will release more games for the "older" crowd? i love zelda and metroid, but if they released some violent games that would be nice.

Jome

« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2006, 07:22:44 AM »
trauma, do you think nintendo will release more games for the "older" crowd? i love zelda and metroid, but if they released some violent games that would be nice.

I can't see Nintendo doing a 360 (no pun intended), and suddenly start releasing violent gangsta shit, they'll probably stick to Mario & Zelda.
I ain't buying shit until I see what games are released for PS3 and Nintendo, but it's safe to say that Sony are favourites to win the 15+ market.
And you know PS3 will be $100-150 cheaper within a few months in sale or so, so there's no rush.

Woodrow

« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2006, 09:37:31 AM »
Sony Lost.

$600 bucks + $150 for 3 Extra Controllers + $60 Madden + $50 HDMI cable + $30 Blu Ray Movie = $890 Bucks before tax.

I like my entertainment, but there is no fucking way I'll be buying this. I'll stick to the 360 and Wii.

I watched the press conference yesterday and there were no good games that they showed. Most of them were pre-rendered, and the ones that weren't looked on the same level as the 360.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2006, 10:49:50 AM »
shiiiit, fuck the rest of these consoles, imma be gettin a ps3.......what the fuck is a wii...........i mean thats some 10 year geek shit.....who names their game console a wii.....thats on some kid shit............but back to the topic........that controller was dissapointing for ps3, i mean the space looking controller was better than this, the new one looks exactly the same as the old one.......the fuck is up with that.........and whats all this motion sensor bullshit? i mean its kool to have new technology n shit even if it is straight jacked from nintendo but atleast make the controller look off the hook, the new one looks like the same shit we had for ps1, ps2 and now ps3......that taking it abit to far, but on the real though, aint nobody fucking with ps3 still,lol.........i know what im coppin, nuff games and sick graphics,

im out

Woodrow

« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2006, 10:54:01 AM »
How many games did you see for PS3 that looked like system sellers?

Metal Gear Solid 4 was the only one I saw that I liked, but they didn't show any game play for it...

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2006, 10:58:25 AM »
Nintendos press confrence just finished
For everything that went on check this : http://revolution.ign.com/articles/706/706158p1.html

I watched almost all of it,missed like the last 10 mins cuz my feed got cut off or sumthin
they showed alot of wii stuff and it has me sold.
games that they showed coming out for wii:
Metroid Prime 3
Dragon Quest
Fire Emblem
Super Mario Galaxy
Red Steel ( Game looks sick,exclusive FPS from ubisoft taking full advantage of the wii controller)
sonic
golf game (couldnt remember the exact name)
Madden
Final Fantasy Cristal Chronicals
Zelda twilight princess(theres gonna be 2 versions, 1 for cube and 1 for wii)
Disaster ( also looks great,cant wait to learn more about it)

overall it was a nice confrence, although nintendo did not announce an official price the just said it will be "affordable"

Microsofts confrence is in an hour or so,ill let yall kno what happens with that ,expect halo 3  8)

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2006, 11:09:13 AM »
can someone explain this whole new controller bullshit......to play a game you just gotta hit the buttons and move the direction stick right?  cuz thats all good for me..........still say the controller should be better........specially after the look of the ps3 console, the controller needed to step its game up, not impressed.........but this e3 show had no bearing for me to be honest as to which console i was going to cop, it was always gonna be a ps3 so i guess my opinion on certain things dont hold as much weight as others in this topic, so imma say it one more time...............aint nobody fuckin with ps3,lol

pz

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2006, 11:40:27 AM »
The Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel (release date: fall, price TBD) is in development internally at Microsoft by several members from the Microsoft Sidewinder team. The first-party design has a thick, contoured rubber pad for lap usage, and a sturdy clamp for table usage. The wireless steering wheel comes with F1-style shift paddles and pedals equipped with a medal rim to anchor your heels while playing.

The existing battery life is the same as the wireless controller and, by using the AC adaptor, you'll get force feedback. There are two levels of feedback, the basic rumble motors that pick up wheels on gravel and low-level rumbles, and force feedback, from the actual car performance -- slides, crashes, etc. The same rechargeable unit that works for the controllers works with the Xbox 360 wireless steering wheel. The wheel comes with full Dpad usage, ABXY buttons, and a guide button. It comes in one color, "chill white."

The Xbox 360 Wireless Headset (release date: fall, price TBD) is a small ear-clip that mimics the current fad of Blue Tooth-enabled cell phones. It fits over your ear; there are two sizes for smaller and larger size ears. The wireless earpiece features better sound quality than previous headsets and features a better mic and better sound reception technology. It features an adjustable boom, 30-foot range, and a built-in lithium battery with eight hours and a wall charger to recharge.

8)

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2006, 11:55:40 AM »
Final piece of the Wii puzzle:

The controller features a playback speaker in the controller.  Meaning when you swing a sword cast a lure hit a tennis ball you hear the sound made on screen by your action closer to you once again hitting us with that real life experience. ;D

-KIDRENEGADE-

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2006, 12:39:04 PM »
Rockstar Games today announced the next chapter in the Grand Theft Auto series, titled Grand Theft Auto 4. The announcement offered little in terms of actual details regarding story and game mechanics. However, it did confirm that Rockstar North, developers of Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, are handling the latest iteration.

The only other piece of information concerns the release date. GTA 4 will ship simultaneously for the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 on October 16, 2007. In Europe, the game will ship on October 19, 2007.
Stay tuned for more details

Rockstar also launched the official website following the announcement
http://www.rockstargames.com/grandtheftauto4/

"Microsoft and Rockstar have entered into an exclusive deal to privide episodic content via Xbox Live Marketplace."
I wonder what kinda exclusive content the 360 version will get ?

GRAND THEFT AUTO 4- October 16,2007
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 03:32:54 PM by Black_Smoke »

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Halo 3 trailer is up on the marketplace for download 8)

"Finish the fight in 2007"

« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 01:04:03 PM by Black_Smoke »

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Halo 3 trailer is up on the marketplace for download 8)

"Finish the fight in 2007"

what is the marketplace? i wanna see the trailer i am extremely bored at my school