Author Topic: How do you re-gain interest in something you lost?  (Read 1219 times)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
How do you re-gain interest in something you lost?
« on: May 07, 2006, 01:55:45 PM »
How do you re-gain interest in something you lost?  ???

Is that possible?

:-\

jeromechickenbone

Re: How do you re-gain interest in something you lost?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 01:59:58 PM »
Care to be more specific? Talking about a woman or a hobby?  Either way, you need to sit down and think about the reasons that contribute to you not being interested anymore.  Not as convenient? Now goes against your beliefs? Laziness?  If you can figure that out, it will help you see if you really SHOULD regain an interest in it.  Peace.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 02:06:09 PM »
Alright say you really liked something, anything, like a hobbie, but then all of the sudden just stopped out of the blue, losing interest in it, but you get aggravated about it, is there any way to re-gain love for it again or would that be to much of a 'force'?

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 02:09:33 PM »
Alright say you really liked something, anything, like a hobbie, but then all of the sudden just stopped out of the blue, losing interest in it, but you get aggravated about it, is there any way to re-gain love for it again or would that be to much of a 'force'?

As I said, try to examine why you lost interest in the first place.  What changed that would have lead you to no longer continue that particular habit?

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 02:09:39 PM »
tweak whatever it is so you enjoy it again..

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 02:13:47 PM »

Aight..Thanx Ya'll!!

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2006, 02:38:34 PM »
Stay away from it for awhile. You can get burned out.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2006, 02:44:36 PM »
rape is not a hobby

i repeat

rape is not a hooby

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2006, 04:01:50 PM »
How do you re-gain interest in something you lost?  ???

Is that possible?

There's a name for that condition but I can't think of it right now.  I'll have to look it up later.

That actually happened to me when I was younger in highschool (I'm 23 now).   All the sudden I stopped enjoying the things I used to do.  I loved basketball and was playing for the school team, I kept forcing myself to like it and play anyway but it wasn't the same.  I kept hanging out with the same friends but the stuff we were doing wasn't fun to me anymore.  Music didn't even sound the same anymore, I wasn't getting the same high I used to get from it.  Even with women I had to imagine that my new girlfriends were my x-girlfriend or else it just wasn't the same as it used to be.

Here's how I got out of this condition, I'll give some pointers and leave it up to you...

-To sum it up in one sentence, what your going through is deeper than your ability to express right now.   So you need to start looking inward, maybe even carrying a journal, and exploring your mind and thoughts and reading back over them later.  Also you need to expand your vocabulary and seek knowledge so that you can find the words to express what your going through.

-Initially it was hip-hop that got me out of it at first.  Not so much from the standpoint that hip-hop made me feel good or forget about my problems.  But actually I was delving heavily into the lyrical side of hip-hop, and exploring artists who were really bringing some knowledge or substance (meaning, emotion) to their rhymes.  I even started freestylin myself and writing rhymes.  The more I learned how to express myself the more the aforementioned condition went away. 

-Later, I started reading alot of books to better understand my condition.  Books about spirituality and energy like "Celestine Prophecy" by James Redfield really helped broaden my perspective so that I wasn't so insulated in my thinking.  I was never into Christianity, but the more I started studying the more I began to realize that Christianity was actually grafted from the origional religion of worshipping One God which is Islam.  I started studying figures like Malcolm X, Nathan McCall, H. Rap Browne aka Jamil Al Amin, and the more I understood their struggles the better I could come to terms with my own.

-Ultimately this search led me towards Islam which was the solution to all of it.  But the point is, like I said, your experiencing something in your heart deeper than your minds ability to comprehend and explain at this moment.  Until you do some soul searching and come to terms with it and find a solution, the condition will remain.

Anyway, if you want to know more just ask me anytime, on the thread or PM me, peace.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 04:05:15 PM by Hajj Ibrahim Islam Abdul-Infinite Abu Muhammad Uthman »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2006, 04:08:13 PM »
rape is not a hobby

i repeat

rape is not a hooby

it isn't? aaahhh crapp
gotta find me a new hobby now

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2006, 04:27:17 PM »
All the sudden I stopped enjoying the things I used to do.  I loved basketball and was playing for the school team, I kept forcing myself to like it and play anyway but it wasn't the same.  I kept hanging out with the same friends but the stuff we were doing wasn't fun to me anymore.  Music didn't even sound the same anymore, I wasn't getting the same high I used to get from it. 

You just nailed it!

Here's how I got out of this condition, I'll give some pointers and leave it up to you...

-To sum it up in one sentence, what your going through is deeper than your ability to express right now.   So you need to start looking inward, maybe even carrying a journal, and exploring your mind and thoughts and reading back over them later.  Also you need to expand your vocabulary and seek knowledge so that you can find the words to express what your going through.

-Initially it was hip-hop that got me out of it at first.  Not so much from the standpoint that hip-hop made me feel good or forget about my problems.  But actually I was delving heavily into the lyrical side of hip-hop, and exploring artists who were really bringing some knowledge or substance (meaning, emotion) to their rhymes.  I even started freestylin myself and writing rhymes.  The more I learned how to express myself the more the aforementioned condition went away. 

-Later, I started reading alot of books to better understand my condition.  Books about spirituality and energy like "Celestine Prophecy" by James Redfield really helped broaden my perspective so that I wasn't so insulated in my thinking.  I was never into Christianity, but the more I started studying the more I began to realize that Christianity was actually grafted from the origional religion of worshipping One God which is Islam.  I started studying figures like Malcolm X, Nathan McCall, H. Rap Browne aka Jamil Al Amin, and the more I understood their struggles the better I could come to terms with my own.

-Ultimately this search led me towards Islam which was the solution to all of it.  But the point is, like I said, your experiencing something in your heart deeper than your minds ability to comprehend and explain at this moment.  Until you do some soul searching and come to terms with it and find a solution, the condition will remain.

Anyway, if you want to know more just ask me anytime, on the thread or PM me, peace.

J Bananas

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2006, 01:31:18 PM »
MONEY. put money into it.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2006, 02:23:57 PM »
  I was never into Christianity, but the more I started studying the more I began to realize that Christianity was actually grafted from the origional religion of worshipping One God which is Islam. 

Nice post and everything, but you got 1 thing wrong; the original religion of worshipping one God was Judaism, not Islam. Even Muslims will tell you this...But I heavily agree with the expansion of ones vocabulary to express deeper thoughts and emotions...PeACe

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2006, 04:14:30 PM »
Now this 'condition', it ain't like depression or along those lines right?  :-\

And expanding my vocab will get rid on this 'condition'?

Sorry wit this question bullshit but this shit is aggravating  :P

coola