Author Topic: NBA Playoffs: Round 2 (Clippers vs. Suns)  (Read 8145 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: NBA Playoffs: Round 2 (Clippers vs. Suns)
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2006, 02:29:45 PM »
first and foremost originally were organized to represent cities/regions/states and the people who live/lived (or have some connection to the area) around those teams to begin with.

Is that not what Rappers do? Last time I checked, rappers made tracks to rep their city, region and state and the people who live or lived there.

Have you heard of people referring to rappers in first-person before? Someone, please ban this idiot...The fans make up a part of the organization, right? Without the fans, there is no team...So how are we not part of the franchise?

Look at a group like ICP. Their fans are referred to as Juggalos. That's the fans who make up that ORGANIZATION. Without the fans, there is no Juggalos. No Juggalos, no ICP. Same deal.

The difference between a rapper and a basketball team is that the Lakers are like a CORPORATION (not individual, LMAO) that we feel we're a major part of.

How is a rapper not like a Corporation? Yes, they are individuals. But they have merchandise like any Corporation. They have a marketing team. Management. They hold events. Their names are brands. People can feel as if they're part of a rappers Brand by maybe wearing a Chain, Jacket etc. Hell, people even have shit like the Wu symbol tatted, tell me they don't feel as if they're apart of the movement.

There is no logical reason to hop up on someones nuts because they refer to their sports team in first person, as you did in this thread

I poked fun at your comment and you got hurt. You in turn ran to your Laker buddies for defense ON ANOTHER FORUM to cry someone. LMAO. Jumping on someones nuts would be YOUR department. (Still making topics about me even outside of Dubcc...Shocking!)

Again, a rapper is a PERSON, not a CLUB

LMAO @ The reasoning. And LMAO @ Your little friends. You already know they're going to side with you because they feel the same way about you. That's like if I feel a certain way about your being Jewish and I post up comments from a White suppremacist... Of course he'll agree because he already holds that opinion.

Aww Poor NIK.. Always getting whored.

LMAO...You're simply too stupid to understand. You can't comprehend that there's a difference between a competetive sport, which was organized for people to pick ONE team (usually the team that represents their city) and stick with them as they compete against OPPOSING teams from other cities, and a rapper...Being an individual entertainer is not a competitve sport (<<LOL@me need to say that). And don't flatter yourself, fatsnacks, I didn't make a thread about YOU, I started a thread about referring to your team in first person...Again, have you heard of people referring to rappers in first person? Find me one person who agrees with you on this...No one. You know why? Because it's fuckin' ridiculous and you're pullin' shit out of your gargantuas ass...:puke:

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2006, 02:38:45 PM »
what's wrong with refering to a sports team as "US" or "WE"? that's just being homophobic if you're searching for soemthing wrong with that....that or you're not really trying to be apart of taht sports' community. Going for  a team is more than just sitting down with a pepsi/beer with some taco bell/pizza and watching it with your homies.  When you go for the Raiders........you gotta be the BLACK hole. When you go for the cowboys you gotta be there to say "let's bring it back to big D"  When you go for the Lakers you want to bring back the Parade that goes down figaroa  and ends up in front of the Staples center where your favorite player announces  "LA is now the Capitol of California" . C'mon now you can't hate people who refer to their favorite sports teams in the first person.....THAT'S LIKE BAGGIN ON SOMEONE'S RELIGION!  

go back to when the Boston red Sox took it. I love the Dodgers and Angels but i HAD to go for Red Sox....I HAD to watch that parade that city DESERVED thtat shit, all the history and all the love those people had for their team you HAD to be happy for them when saw them on the news  running around  in their "caws" screaming "WE did it"

Sports teams are a MAJOR part of some communities, some cities pay for the stadiums with tax dollars that could go to making homeless shelters and some cities , like greenbay OWN the teams, where  people of the community own shares of the team.  i mean i guess it's hard for someone from San Diego to understand this , but you can't get mad at some one being DIE hard for their team , especially in a market like LA! LA is one of the biggest sports meccas in the country! PERIOD we have TWO professional basketball teams one of which is THE most historic teams in history. We have THE most historic college basketball team. We have Two Prestiges College Football Institutions , one of which is USC that has been one of the most fruitful grounds for future NFL stars. EVERY one of our major sports organizations has won a championship or has been to the championship game at least once (with the exceptino of the clippers) . XFL yeah , WE were the only ones that took that too, ha. and you know what? after every championship won , what does the owner, the team captains, and the mvps of these teams say to the crowds of their city??  WE DID IT!

sgv quit being a low life with big titties....you're going to turn your milk into cottage cheese

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

SGV

« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2006, 02:41:44 PM »
LMAO @ Being unable to make a valid arguement. Rap IS competitive. Tell me it's not. So again, you're wrong. And lastly, talking about a Sports team in first person is stupid. You know why? Because it's fuckin' ridiculous.  ;)

LMAO @ Hating someone who refers to their team in first person. Btw, what's homophobic about NOT refering to a sports in first person? LMAO. Are sports teams gay or something? Uh... I must've missed something there. How's McDonalds? What you making now... 8.75? Great!

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2006, 02:51:09 PM »
as far as rappers are concerned who gives a fuck, some rappers rep their cities because they love it, some do it because their dumb monkies and think it's the "cool" thing to do, and some just do it for the sales.........pick either three i don't care, whatever a rapper does is an individual effort. A rapper is either out there to express himself artistically, or make make money, or both.  But like biggy said at the source awards a decade ago "Brooklyn WE did it!"  it just depends on the artist . When nelly won an mtv award "ST. LOUIE!!!"  justified .....    Eminem winning one of his bajillion awards "Detroit What! Detroit WHAT!"

i don't care if you're a 7 foot 1 negro from the congo jungle, some skinny ass pretty boy 2nd generation mexican from east LA, some bald headed tatted up midget from newyork/baltimore , if you rep my town and do something be WE did it.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2006, 02:53:27 PM »
LMAO @ Being unable to make a valid arguement. Rap IS competitive. Tell me it's not. So again, you're wrong. And lastly, talking about a Sports team in first person is stupid. You know why? Because it's fuckin' ridiculous.  ;)

LMAO @ Hating someone who refers to their team in first person. Btw, what's homophobic about NOT refering to a sports in first person? LMAO. Are sports teams gay or something? Uh... I must've missed something there. How's McDonalds? What you making now... 8.75? Great!

You're just straight up dumb homie...There's not much to disclose, I just keep repeating myself. You're arguing nothing...People don't go to Laker parades and cheer "You won! You did it! You're the champions!"...You're simply arguing about the nature of being a fan, if you're against fans or something, just say it...Dude, you can say EVERYTHING is competetive, any job, profession, ANYTHING. But there's difference when your purpose is to take out OPPONENTS to win a champion. It's hard to explain things to a retard, but maybe you'll get it one day...PeACe

SGV

« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2006, 03:03:16 PM »
Yea it is hard to explain things to retard... Which is why you're not seeing your contradictions.

You say Ball is competitive, so is Rap. Your response, it's different! How so? Isn't the goal in both professions to be the best? In the NBA it's the Championship. In Rap it's going Platinum or getting that Award. You think Dr. Dre doesn't make music that he thinks will be better than everyone else? Of course he does. See, I'm a realist. I've been watching sports my whole life. But I CANNOT sit here and act as if I did something worthwhile for a team who wins something just because I'm a fan. That's the whole reason I brought up artists, just cuz I'm a fan doesn't mean I can take credit for something THEY DID. Everything these teams have done, has been on their own. The blood, sweat and tears they produced was their own. Not yours. If YOU stopped watching the Lakers, nothing would change. That's why you are not apart of the franchise. YOU are insignificant. So without you, there'd still be Kobe, Odom, Phil Jackson, etc. They'd still play the same.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2006, 03:06:28 PM »

sgv:

i don't care if you think it's competetive and NIK doesn't, i never said it wasn't...........if E-40 sells a bajillion records and says " I did it for San Diego" and you say "yay we did it !"  SO WHAT .........what's wrong with that, that's why rappers do that , they do it for their region (or for other regions they like).  It's all entertainment at the end of the day, and entertainment CAN NOT BE without  A) and Entertainer B) Entertainees....and it's been known for CENTURIES you can't be Succesful without being apart of the community if you're a Business or Entertaniment Venture.... plain and simple.  so if nelly wants to sell another 8 million on a cd called  the St. Louis album and yell "WE did it st. louis"  and some random kid in st. louis yells back "ya we did it"  THERES nothing RIDICULOUS about that , even if the album had nothing to do with St. Louis and was renamed "i love jimmy buffett" referring to somethign like that in the first person is  justifiable.....st. louis is where nelly is from, it built the morals and persoanlity traits taht makes up the persona "Nelly"  MORE POWER TO ANY ONE WHO WANTS SAY "WE DID IT"  again anyone trying to denounce this is a homophobe ....plain and simple

lol@mc donald's you're about 3 years and $15.25 more an hour late

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2006, 03:09:41 PM »

You're just straight up dumb homie...There's not much to disclose, I just keep repeating myself. You're arguing nothing...People don't go to Laker parades and cheer "You won! You did it! You're the champions

lol thank you

QUeen didn't call their song "you are the champions" they called it "WE are the chamions" for a reason

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2006, 03:15:17 PM »
Yea it is hard to explain things to retard... Which is why you're not seeing your contradictions.

I've been watching sports my whole life. But I CANNOT sit here and act as if I did something worthwhile for a team who wins something just because I'm a fan. That's the whole reason I brought up artists, just cuz I'm a fan doesn't mean I can take credit for something THEY DID. Everything these teams have done, has been on their own. The blood, sweat and tears they produced was their own. Not yours. If YOU stopped watching the Lakers, nothing would change. That's why you are not apart of the franchise. YOU are insignificant. So without you, there'd still be Kobe, Odom, Phil Jackson, etc. They'd still play the same.

you=not a fan

without fans:

homecourt =meaningless
 million $ contracts=wouldn't exisist
high tech arenas=none
endorsments=worthless
espn=would have died in the 80's the first day it came out

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2006, 03:28:59 PM »

You say Ball is competitive, so is Rap. Your response, it's different! How so? Isn't the goal in both professions to be the best? In the NBA it's the Championship. In Rap it's going Platinum or getting that Award. You think Dr. Dre doesn't make music that he thinks will be better than everyone else? Of course he does. See, I'm a realist. I've been watching sports my whole life. But I CANNOT sit here and act as if I did something worthwhile for a team who wins something just because I'm a fan. That's the whole reason I brought up artists, just cuz I'm a fan doesn't mean I can take credit for something THEY DID. Everything these teams have done, has been on their own. The blood, sweat and tears they produced was their own. Not yours. If YOU stopped watching the Lakers, nothing would change. That's why you are not apart of the franchise. YOU are insignificant. So without you, there'd still be Kobe, Odom, Phil Jackson, etc. They'd still play the same.

That's where you're wrong, idiot...They did not do everything alone, they did it with the help of the fans...Why do you think teams play better in home arenas? Fans also dictate momentum and tempo, which is a huge part of basketball...You simply have no idea what the fuck you're talking about and your analogy will go down as one of the worst analogies ever in history...LMAO@they'd play the same without fans...Moron. :-X

ecrazy

« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2006, 03:36:38 PM »
Wow, This thread has been Ruined. Damn Laker Fans.

Anyways, Tonight is Game 6. Clippers At Home. 7:30pm On KTLA/ESPN

Clippers will win this one, they need to put a bigger body on Bell damn it!!!!!

Anyways, Clippers win this one, going to game 7 in Phoenix.

SGV

« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2006, 08:49:31 PM »

you=not a fan

without fans:

homecourt =meaningless
high tech arenas=none
endorsments=worthless

I never said they could do shit without fans. I said if NIK, (hence YOU) stopped watching the Lakers it wouldn't matter. He's meaningless. So, he feels apart of a franchise that he could easily be replaced in. Now if Kobe stopped playing, then you'd see a significant difference. Why? Because he's an actual player on the team, which HE is apart of. But, you and NIK didn't get it. Which was expected. Sad that you and your girl can't grasp that.

btw, I just realized something. If I'm a homophobe for not wanting to refer to a sports team in first person, wouldn't that make NIK a homo for doing it? (Since I have a phobia of being associated with first-person-references to sports teams, which NIK does). Ouch. NIK he just called you a faggot. I guess someone will be sleeping on the couch tonight.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2006, 12:10:20 AM »
Props to the Clippers, hopefully the Mavs can win tonight even without their starting PG, and Clippers can take Game 7
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

ecrazy

« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2006, 08:14:11 AM »
ONTO Phoenix!!!!
GO CLIPPERS!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2006, 11:17:21 AM »

you=not a fan

without fans:

homecourt =meaningless
high tech arenas=none
endorsments=worthless

I never said they could do shit without fans. I said if NIK, (hence YOU) stopped watching the Lakers it wouldn't matter. He's meaningless. So, he feels apart of a franchise that he could easily be replaced in. Now if Kobe stopped playing, then you'd see a significant difference. Why? Because he's an actual player on the team, which HE is apart of. But, you and NIK didn't get it. Which was expected. Sad that you and your girl can't grasp that.

btw, I just realized something. If I'm a homophobe for not wanting to refer to a sports team in first person, wouldn't that make NIK a homo for doing it? (Since I have a phobia of being associated with first-person-references to sports teams, which NIK does). Ouch. NIK he just called you a faggot. I guess someone will be sleeping on the couch tonight.

Your logic is retarded, but that's always expected...If Aaron McKie retired, it wouldn't make a significant difference either. Same with lots of individuals within the Laker franchise...It's a GROUP effort that makes them a team. Does that mean that Aaron McKie shouldn't feel a part of the franchise, since he can easily be replaced in it? You have nothing...And Jake was saying you're a homophobe not because referring to your team in first person is gay, but because your stance on it makes you look like you're afraid that taking part in it will make you a homo or something...You know, it's just easier to call you stupid. :-X