Author Topic: Blood Money does astonishing 1st week #'s  (Read 2510 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: Blood Money does astonishing 1st week #'s
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2006, 06:27:17 PM »
Well, I hope they're happy with their situation.  And I'm laughin at anybody thinking nobody knew this album was dropping.  I saw these dudes on MTV doing promo's, AHH had interviews, they were on Shade45, they had recent exposure for "Hav a Party", and whatever that wack ass video that was the lead was getting some rotation time. 

I think it's hilarious that they went to G-Unit thinking they would push major units now with Curtis "Interscope" Jackson ::) backing them.  Turns out to be one of their biggest flops. 

And where's RBXtra at?  I want him to explain to me why Nightmares didn't show up on this album...

herpes

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2006, 06:38:44 PM »
you got have some cred to credibility yourself to take away someone elses credibility.
??? Lol.
my bad im trying to watch the mets game while typing a report up for school lol.... i meant you gotta have some credibility yourself in order to take someone elses cred. 

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2006, 06:56:52 PM »
we're in the middle of g-unit crumbling. Game took most of their credibility, they will be the next death row in 2 yrs. ;)
gunit is falling off no doubt but you got have some cred to credibility yourself to take away someone elses credibility. Game is one of the biggest laughingstocks in the game right now, only behind pee.

Yeh Game sold 5 million, I bet the industry are LAUGHING there asses of at that flop.....Thats how u b sarcastic Ted.  :D

The Maestro

Eihtball

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2006, 07:09:49 PM »
Disappointing, but I pretty much figured it all along.  "Put Em In They Place" was pretty good, but I just couldn't see that song crossing over (and it hasn't crossed over; I haven't seen it enter the Billboard Top 100 yet).  Maybe "Give It To Me" will do better, but I doubt it.  The problem is simply that Mobb Deep is on a sinking ship at this point - G-Unit is most def falling off, so the days when they could put out an album and expect Gold at a minimum in the first week are over.

we're in the middle of g-unit crumbling.  Game took most of their credibility, they will be the next death row in 2 yrs.   ;)

It may be true that G-Unit is crumbling, but Game sure as hell ain't the one who's responsible.  We don't listen to dickriders.

And where's RBXtra at?  I want him to explain to me why Nightmares didn't show up on this album...

Because it didn't get cleared...that has been said already.  I'm not buying into your BS conspiracy shit, so don't even bother.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 07:18:06 PM by Tha Spirt Ov Allah Clarence 13Xtra Tha Fatha (Iz Active) »

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2006, 07:35:10 PM »
Some people act as if street songs never did well.This is dope but like I said before it ain't good enough for a single.Imagine Raekwon putting out Knuckleheadz as a single & shooting a vid for it.I love that song but 1)it doesnt fit for a single & 2)it wouldn't sell any units.

herpes

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2006, 07:36:44 PM »
we're in the middle of g-unit crumbling. Game took most of their credibility, they will be the next death row in 2 yrs. ;)
gunit is falling off no doubt but you got have some cred to credibility yourself to take away someone elses credibility. Game is one of the biggest laughingstocks in the game right now, only behind pee.

Yeh Game sold 5 million, I bet the industry are LAUGHING there asses of at that flop.....Thats how u b sarcastic Ted.  :D

Where did game sell 5 million.... 50 didnt even do 5 million and massacre was the 2nd best selling album of the year behind mariah carey.  I never said he was a flop either.  he was sucessful.  But after he blew he lost of respect for the stupid shit he would say or do.  There are not too many heads that respect game anymore.  Most look at him like a joke now.  Step ya game up.

Bigg $amo

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2006, 07:37:16 PM »

Because it didn't get cleared...that has been said already.  I'm not buying into your BS conspiracy shit, so don't even bother.

nah apparently dre gave the beat to busta instead...which is a great idea

Eihtball

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2006, 07:39:50 PM »
Some people act as if street songs never did well.This is dope but like I said before it ain't good enough for a single.Imagine Raekwon putting out Knuckleheadz as a single & shooting a vid for it.I love that song but 1)it doesnt fit for a single & 2)it wouldn't sell any units.

I dunno, I never would've guessed that "Quiet Storm" would be such a big hit, either; it seemed too dark.  But it was.

Every crossover hit Mobb Deep's ever had blended catchiness with raw street gritiness; at their best, they were one of the few commercial groups that could strike that balance.  "Put Em In Their Place" is gritty, but it ain't really all that catchy or anything.  It just didn't have what they needed to cross over.

Eihtball

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2006, 07:40:11 PM »

When did that come up?

Bigg $amo

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2006, 07:46:36 PM »

When did that come up?

some track by track review of the big bang i read on dubcc. the track description was the same as "nightmares" with the shovel diggin in the ground beat or some shit..

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2006, 07:47:13 PM »
Disappointing, but I pretty much figured it all along.  "Put Em In They Place" was pretty good, but I just couldn't see that song crossing over (and it hasn't crossed over; I haven't seen it enter the Billboard Top 100 yet).  Maybe "Give It To Me" will do better, but I doubt it.  The problem is simply that Mobb Deep is on a sinking ship at this point - G-Unit is most def falling off, so the days when they could put out an album and expect Gold at a minimum in the first week are over.

It may be true that G-Unit is crumbling, but Game sure as hell ain't the one who's responsible. We don't listen to dickriders.

And where's RBXtra at?  I want him to explain to me why Nightmares didn't show up on this album...

Because it didn't get cleared...that has been said already.  I'm not buying into your BS conspiracy shit, so don't even bother.

So what the fuck are you gonna say when the track ends up on another G-Unit album?  Go back and bury your head in the sand.

Eihtball

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2006, 08:08:06 PM »
If what Big Samo said is true, then it's not on a G-Unit album.

suckaa free

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2006, 10:45:50 PM »
Disappointing, but I pretty much figured it all along.  "Put Em In They Place" was pretty good, but I just couldn't see that song crossing over (and it hasn't crossed over; I haven't seen it enter the Billboard Top 100 yet).  Maybe "Give It To Me" will do better, but I doubt it.  The problem is simply that Mobb Deep is on a sinking ship at this point - G-Unit is most def falling off, so the days when they could put out an album and expect Gold at a minimum in the first week are over.

It may be true that G-Unit is crumbling, but Game sure as hell ain't the one who's responsible. We don't listen to dickriders.

so if all the beef didnt go down with Game and 50, would g-unit be in the same state?  IMO, they would be at the top as they were before Game dropped.  50 wants everyone in g-unit to be his bitch.  and because Game thinks he is just as good as 50, he basically took what everybody thought, and he said it while ryming.  and g-unit was the biggest thing out at that time.  its not that Game only took the credibilty of 50, Banks, Yayo, Buck; but he took the credilbilty off the NAME of G-Unit.  so who ever joins the group, no matter the prior status, while drop dramtically in credibility.  Yes, The Game fucked g-unit doggystyle.   :banana_dsf:

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2006, 12:17:22 AM »

so if all the beef didnt go down with Game and 50, would g-unit be in the same state?  IMO, they would be at the top as they were before Game dropped.  50 wants everyone in g-unit to be his bitch.  and because Game thinks he is just as good as 50, he basically took what everybody thought, and he said it while ryming.  and g-unit was the biggest thing out at that time.  its not that Game only took the credibilty of 50, Banks, Yayo, Buck; but he took the credilbilty off the NAME of G-Unit.  so who ever joins the group, no matter the prior status, while drop dramtically in credibility.  Yes, The Game fucked g-unit doggystyle.   :banana_dsf:

sales have nothing to do with this shit

PEOPLE
ARE
TIRED
OF
BLACK
PEOPLE
RAPPING
ASIF
THEY
ARE
TONY