Author Topic: Blood Money does astonishing 1st week #'s  (Read 2515 times)

ABN

Re: Blood Money does astonishing 1st week #'s
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2006, 02:45:34 AM »
and i thought Yayo flopped lol.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2006, 03:16:32 AM »
Disappointing, but I pretty much figured it all along.  "Put Em In They Place" was pretty good, but I just couldn't see that song crossing over (and it hasn't crossed over; I haven't seen it enter the Billboard Top 100 yet).  Maybe "Give It To Me" will do better, but I doubt it.  The problem is simply that Mobb Deep is on a sinking ship at this point - G-Unit is most def falling off, so the days when they could put out an album and expect Gold at a minimum in the first week are over.

we're in the middle of g-unit crumbling. Game took most of their credibility, they will be the next death row in 2 yrs. ;)

It may be true that G-Unit is crumbling, but Game sure as hell ain't the one who's responsible. We don't listen to dickriders.

And where's RBXtra at?  I want him to explain to me why Nightmares didn't show up on this album...

Because it didn't get cleared...that has been said already.  I'm not buying into your BS conspiracy shit, so don't even bother.

so if all the beef didnt go down with Game and 50, would g-unit be in the same state?  IMO, they would be at the top as they were before Game dropped.  50 wants everyone in g-unit to be his bitch.  and because Game thinks he is just as good as 50, he basically took what everybody thought, and he said it while ryming.  and g-unit was the biggest thing out at that time.  its not that Game only took the credibilty of 50, Banks, Yayo, Buck; but he took the credilbilty off the NAME of G-Unit.  so who ever joins the group, no matter the prior status, while drop dramtically in credibility.  Yes, The Game fucked g-unit doggystyle.   :banana_dsf:

Lmao, Game didnt do shit. Its natural for the people to get tired of the same sound. GUnit has been on top for the past 3,4 years. Of course they gonna stop someday. 50 Cent is still gonna go multi plat, hes not gonna leave the top that easy.

Nobody, outside the internet fans, even knows about Game disses and shit like that. Most of the people that are buying albums, buy them after they see the video on MTV or promotional adds...Its not becuase Game dissed GUnit.Lol

GUnits future will depend on the next 2 releases. From Banks and Buck. I think 50 gonna change some things now. But he probably knew signing Mobb Deep and M.O.P. was a gamble.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2006, 04:43:10 AM »
its pretty obvious game had a major play in ruining gunit, as well as 50............first game detroyed these niggas with 300 bars and clowned them big on other jams to, everyone was talking about this on the streets,1 cat agaisnt the whole unit.... y'all taking sides can deny it as much as u want, but thats fact.........through these disses, g_unot was stocking up like gunits........and when documentary was such a hit with everyone, most people digged the collection, yet 50 aint to happy, comes off as looking jelous of game.......whether its true or not, everyone knows documentary shits all over massacre.......50 fell off........game put out a album full of heat......killed these niggaz on mixtapes and they had no real response........everyone knows thats the truth........if u aint got love on the street, your shit aint gonna sell......only person who does is eminem, cuz all the white groupies love his shit, they probably bumpin encore like its a classic........

about mobb deep sales.........no doubt dissapiointing, gunit is slippin big at the moment........yayo and now this....its time to go back to banks and buck and hope they sell like they did first time around, but noone can deny they slippin hard at the moment, cuz they playing the same song different name everytime around...same topics, generic shit......thats why to hear busta come out with touch it so was dope, cuz that shit is dfferent to what anyone else is droppin right now

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2006, 05:21:17 AM »
well, they r weak G unit numbers.... but mobb deep were never known for doin huge numbers their last record did 140 K first week

CLASSIC.... west is BACK

Eihtball

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2006, 05:47:36 AM »
so if all the beef didnt go down with Game and 50, would g-unit be in the same state?  IMO, they would be at the top as they were before Game dropped.  50 wants everyone in g-unit to be his bitch.  and because Game thinks he is just as good as 50, he basically took what everybody thought, and he said it while ryming.  and g-unit was the biggest thing out at that time.  its not that Game only took the credibilty of 50, Banks, Yayo, Buck; but he took the credilbilty off the NAME of G-Unit.  so who ever joins the group, no matter the prior status, while drop dramtically in credibility.  Yes, The Game fucked g-unit doggystyle.   :banana_dsf:

Lmao, Game didnt do shit. Its natural for the people to get tired of the same sound. GUnit has been on top for the past 3,4 years. Of course they gonna stop someday. 50 Cent is still gonna go multi plat, hes not gonna leave the top that easy.

Nobody, outside the internet fans, even knows about Game disses and shit like that. Most of the people that are buying albums, buy them after they see the video on MTV or promotional adds...Its not becuase Game dissed GUnit.Lol

GUnits future will depend on the next 2 releases. From Banks and Buck. I think 50 gonna change some things now. But he probably knew signing Mobb Deep and M.O.P. was a gamble.

Said it better than I ever could, Detox Is Coming.  Don't worry, tho...Suckaa Free has a long history of Game/BWS dickriding, so he's not worth bothering with.

its pretty obvious game had a major play in ruining gunit, as well as 50............first game detroyed these niggas with 300 bars and clowned them big on other jams to, everyone was talking about this on the streets,1 cat agaisnt the whole unit.... y'all taking sides can deny it as much as u want, but thats fact.........through these disses, g_unot was stocking up like gunits........and when documentary was such a hit with everyone, most people digged the collection, yet 50 aint to happy, comes off as looking jelous of game.......whether its true or not, everyone knows documentary shits all over massacre.......50 fell off........game put out a album full of heat......killed these niggaz on mixtapes and they had no real response........everyone knows thats the truth........if u aint got love on the street, your shit aint gonna sell......only person who does is eminem, cuz all the white groupies love his shit, they probably bumpin encore like its a classic........

As Detox Is Coming has said, all of this is stuff he did on mixtapes, and the majority of the TRL crowd that bought Game's and 50's albums doesn't pay attention to that shit at all.

If shit that goes in the streets is what destroyed G-Unit, then under that logic, Game must also be destroyed.  His credibility took as much of a beating this year as G-Unit's.  His own brother and all of his homies turned on him and told everyone that they only let him rep Cedar Block to give him street cred for his rap career.  Then that picture of him throwing up Santana Blocc when he's supposed to be a Piru came out.  And now, his entire record label has fallen apart and he's pretty much helpless to put it back together.  Furthermore, nobody can deny that 50 held as much responsibility for "The Documentary"'s success as Game himself...people only became interested in him after he joined G-Unit and started hanging out with them on MTV, plus the album's two biggest hits were both songs that featured 50 singing the hook.  I'm sure Game will continue to sell decently as long as he's got Dre and Eminem behind him, but there's no way he's ever going to live up to what he accomplished on "The Documentary", so I doubt his career is guaranteed much long-term success.

Also, I like Eminem, though I don't like "Encore", and I ain't white.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 05:58:48 AM by Tha Spirt Ov Allah Clarence 13Xtra Tha Fatha (Iz Active) »

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2006, 07:20:56 AM »

Said it better than I ever could, Detox Is Coming.  Don't worry, tho...Suckaa Free has a long history of Game/BWS dickriding, so he's not worth bothering with.

As Detox Is Coming has said, all of this is stuff he did on mixtapes, and the majority of the TRL crowd that bought Game's and 50's albums doesn't pay attention to that shit at all.

If shit that goes in the streets is what destroyed G-Unit, then under that logic, Game must also be destroyed.  His credibility took as much of a beating this year as G-Unit's.  His own brother and all of his homies turned on him and told everyone that they only let him rep Cedar Block to give him street cred for his rap career.  Then that picture of him throwing up Santana Blocc when he's supposed to be a Piru came out.  And now, his entire record label has fallen apart and he's pretty much helpless to put it back together.  Furthermore, nobody can deny that 50 held as much responsibility for "The Documentary"'s success as Game himself...people only became interested in him after he joined G-Unit and started hanging out with them on MTV, plus the album's two biggest hits were both songs that featured 50 singing the hook.  I'm sure Game will continue to sell decently as long as he's got Dre and Eminem behind him, but there's no way he's ever going to live up to what he accomplished on "The Documentary", so I doubt his career is guaranteed much long-term success.

Also, I like Eminem, though I don't like "Encore", and I ain't white.

+1

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2006, 07:38:41 AM »
If what Big Samo said is true, then it's not on a G-Unit album.

He's mistaken.  The track that he's referring to has always been a Dre / Busta track.  Busta talked about how they brought a box full of dirt into the studio, and started digging the dirt out and sampled it into a beat.  It has never been a beat for MD, nor have they ever suggested it was. 

I just think it's hilarious how Mobb Deep got fucked out of their 2 Dre beats. 

youngmessnucca

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2006, 09:06:40 AM »
Disappointing, but I pretty much figured it all along.  "Put Em In They Place" was pretty good, but I just couldn't see that song crossing over (and it hasn't crossed over; I haven't seen it enter the Billboard Top 100 yet).  Maybe "Give It To Me" will do better, but I doubt it.  The problem is simply that Mobb Deep is on a sinking ship at this point - G-Unit is most def falling off, so the days when they could put out an album and expect Gold at a minimum in the first week are over.

we're in the middle of g-unit crumbling. Game took most of their credibility, they will be the next death row in 2 yrs. ;)

It may be true that G-Unit is crumbling, but Game sure as hell ain't the one who's responsible. We don't listen to dickriders.

And where's RBXtra at?  I want him to explain to me why Nightmares didn't show up on this album...

Because it didn't get cleared...that has been said already.  I'm not buying into your BS conspiracy shit, so don't even bother.

Game did not take credibility from G-Unit at all. G-Unit did it to themselves, imo by 50 always hatin on Ja for singing on records and turning around and doing the same thing. G-Unit was immensly popluar at their peak, but like anything that is that much exposed, it becomes overkill and people get tired of it. They are both ( G-Unit/Game ) equally being laughed at by the industry. Plus, that G-Unot shit is played out.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2006, 09:41:41 AM »
2 things destroyed G-Unit:
1)Their constant play on the radio, they're gettin played out
2)The Game
I'm sorry but if some y'all didn't notice that Game had his part in destroying G-Unit, I don't know, you've gotta be blind.

'EclipZe

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2006, 10:05:58 AM »
only career game killed is his own one.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2006, 10:08:30 AM »
^Go tell that everyone when his next CD drops.

'EclipZe

« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2006, 10:09:59 AM »
^Go tell that everyone when his next CD drops.

I will, he lost all of his g-unit groupies. + he's a douchebag for not doin anything big with techniec, eastwood, ya boy etc.. and he only does the wack ass name dropping in al of his cameo's.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2006, 10:11:34 AM »
lol at G-Unit groupies, he's got his own G-Unot groupies.

'EclipZe

« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2006, 10:13:56 AM »
im srry but, you really think he got much g-unot groupies? over here 50 cent is still more populair then game.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2006, 10:19:08 AM »

Game did not take credibility from G-Unit at all. G-Unit did it to themselves, imo by 50 always hatin on Ja for singing on records and turning around and doing the same thing. G-Unit was immensly popluar at their peak, but like anything that is that much exposed, it becomes overkill and people get tired of it. They are both ( G-Unit/Game ) equally being laughed at by the industry. Plus, that G-Unot shit is played out.

Right on point.