Author Topic: Blood Money does astonishing 1st week #'s  (Read 2513 times)

rik

Re: Blood Money does astonishing 1st week #'s
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2006, 09:28:31 AM »
i bet you guys that banks and buck go plat
Buck maybe but Banks won't.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2006, 11:47:50 AM »
G-Unit was already on the way down. Game just gave them a little nudge out the door.

mark my words, games next album will sell half of what the documentry sold.
That's easy to figure out. But if Game goes platinum, I'd still consider it a success.

Professor P

« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2006, 08:33:52 PM »
G-Unit was already on the way down. Game just gave them a little nudge out the door.

mark my words, games next album will sell half of what the documentry sold.
That's easy to figure out. But if Game goes platinum, I'd still consider it a success.

G-Unit will come back up... Banks is back, Buck is back.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2006, 12:38:00 PM »
Game fucked up G-unit and his career all together.

SlickPants

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2006, 02:19:05 PM »
game has definately been on some crazy shit, he lies his ass off, can't run his label, and burns all his bridges... so of course people can say what they want about him as a person, its probably warranted

but as an artist, most of the heads that i know are still checking for him -- his flow and punchlines have gotten 1000X better, and nobody can deny that he ripped g-unit way harder than anything that they did to him.  that shit was so defiant and hateful, kinda like no vasoline, malcom x, and ether... whenever the "underdog" goes after the top dog like that and does a good job, people are going to show respect.  regardless of all of the bullshit that he's done EVERYONE is going to be checking for his album.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2006, 04:51:35 PM »
whenever the "underdog" goes after the top dog like that and does a good job, people are going to show respect.  regardless of all of the bullshit that he's done EVERYONE is going to be checking for his album.

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2006, 04:54:07 PM »
When it all comes down to it, who really cares about this shit anyways...they had their beef, in my opinion Game made them look like clowns, and overall I like Game much more than anyone outta the G-Unit camp. But that's not going to stop me from bumping G-Unit tracks, because most of the time, G-Unit material comes correct on production. Both 50 and Game are capable of making dope music, so it's not really an issue of taking sides as far as my personal opinion goes.

The Yayo album didn't sell too well because it was released on August 30th, 2005. Had Yayo dropped an album on August 30th, 2003,  it would've been a different story. Like it or not, Yayo was a hot commodity at the time because G-Unit had just started really taking off, the Free Yayo shit was taking off and Tony Yayo himself had a decent amount of skill before he was released from prison. He got outta prison, became lazy like most G-Unit artists and started putting out the same tired shit that keeps getting reheated time and time again. I liked his album in a way, I thought he had some dope production...but it's understandable why he didn't do big numbers.

The Mobb Deep album is solid, imo. The lack of any big singles will hurt them, unless they put out something quick and it catches on.

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2006, 06:08:34 PM »
^the most on-point shit posted yet, besides blood money, which from what i heard i didnt like

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2006, 02:37:04 AM »
game has definately been on some crazy shit, he lies his ass off, can't run his label, and burns all his bridges... so of course people can say what they want about him as a person, its probably warranted

but as an artist, most of the heads that i know are still checking for him -- his flow and punchlines have gotten 1000X better, and nobody can deny that he ripped g-unit way harder than anything that they did to him.  that shit was so defiant and hateful, kinda like no vasoline, malcom x, and ether... whenever the "underdog" goes after the top dog like that and does a good job, people are going to show respect.  regardless of all of the bullshit that he's done EVERYONE is going to be checking for his album.

Did youi just compare 300 Bars to No Vaseline and Ether ? Lmao

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2006, 05:27:52 AM »
its pretty obvious even yayos wack ass would have gone platinum to if he wasnt clowned for joke before his album came out, he had major promotion for a long ass time with the whole free yayo thing and shit......... anyone who cant see that game def had a major hand in the dropping of sales of gunit albums is actin blind or dickriding........i aint saying his the onyl reason they fell off, but its obvious he clowned those niggaz for joke.......everyone in the streets was talking about his joints aimed at them, and thats what important, if the streets aint got you, your shit aint gon sell, true story.....everyone was talking about 300 bars whether u like that shit or not........

if banks and buck dont sell........interscope gone be pissed at game.........im pretty sure they already are mad pissed........the nigga made them nuff paper, but played a major role in them not making as much as they use to off gunit..........

it'll be interesting to see how much banks sell.....i think he'll do good, he got alot of bitches who like his shit, and the eminem groupies will def cop it cuz of his involvement in the album.........will easily sell mo than mobb

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2006, 10:51:09 AM »
More bad news for Mobb Deep. About 36,500 second week. That makes for a total of about 145,000. :P

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2006, 01:08:45 PM »
More bad news for Mobb Deep. About 36,500 second week. That makes for a total of about 145,000. :P

lmao, these wack ass niggaz only deserve that, fuck em

herpes

« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2006, 01:16:58 PM »

lmao, these wack ass niggaz only deserve that, fuck em
yea 2 classic albums and 1 album that would of been a classic if it wasnt for let a hoe be a hoe and the song with lil cease.... yea thats what I call wack  ::)  but as a mobb deep fan this is there first album I have not purchased and I doubt i ever will.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2006, 01:26:24 PM »
i feel sorry for prodigy tatooing g-unit....

herpes

« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2006, 02:11:38 PM »
i feel sorry for prodigy tatooing g-unit....
50 tatted mobb deep on his hand