Author Topic: quick question for abdul imam..  (Read 1431 times)

coola

Re: quick question for abdul imam..
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2006, 12:14:49 AM »
what are you talking about man ? what was on everyones predominant agenda in the 19th century ? power and control.. this ultimately had to include forcing their views on other cultures, because each culture believed theirs was superior and righteous.

isn't that basic ?

Basic?...You're addressing hypothetical circumstances. Hypothetical as in non-existent. You're making a claim history would have taken a certain route under assumed circumstances. What is interesting, is that you seem to be 100% convinced in something that never happent. There is an infinite number of factors that could influence Africa's fate had the circumstances been different even to the slightest extent, from the historical course of occurrence.

ok, if you want to be that picky about it... there is a real good chance Africa wouldn't have been left alone. happy ?

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2006, 01:02:37 AM »
Yeah, such statement is less radical.
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2006, 01:23:41 AM »
what are you talking about man ? what was on everyones predominant agenda in the 19th century ? power and control.. this ultimately had to include forcing their views on other cultures, because each culture believed theirs was superior and righteous.

isn't that basic ?

Basic?...You're addressing hypothetical circumstances. Hypothetical as in non-existent. You're making a claim history would have taken a certain route under assumed circumstances. What is interesting, is that you seem to be 100% convinced in something that never happent. There is an infinite number of factors that could influence Africa's fate had the circumstances been different even to the slightest extent, from the historical course of occurrence.

ok, if you want to be that picky about it... there is a real good chance Africa wouldn't have been left alone. happy ?

true i'm certain Africa wouldn't have been left alone for the simple fact that, at the time, no land was safe from being conquered.
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?