Author Topic: classic albums you dont feel???  (Read 1519 times)

Michael

• Muthafuckin' Don!
classic albums you dont feel???
« on: May 11, 2006, 07:15:06 AM »
anyone find sum classics that they don't like?

for me its......Eric B & Rakim - Paid In Full.......dunno y jus never seemed to like it.....

Suga Foot

Re: classic albums you dont feel???
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 07:46:41 AM »
a lot of the East Coast albums from the 80's-early 90's.  I never really got into Public Enemy either.

Elevz

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 07:58:28 AM »
Every single classic album I really do feel a lot. However, I do feel like some are well overrated.

Eric B. & Rakim - Paid in Full: classic no doubt, but best rap album ever? That album wasn't flawless if you ask me. Just amazingly good, but it really can't touch the 36 Chambers, Illmatic, Low End Theory or Criminal Minded.
Public Enemy - It takes a nation of millions to hold us back: too noisy for me. Nice to hear every now and then, but there's a million albums out there that sound better.
Slick Rick - The great adventures of Slick Rick: Really good album and it does have some great songs... But there's some corny stuff on there as well. Not even remotely flawless if you ask me.
Notorious B.I.G. - Life after death: Amazing rapper, but this album had some seriously wack songs on it. 4/5, and far from a classic in my book.[/b]

And most of all... Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique and Licenced To Ill.... Beastie Boys are terrible. How these can be labelled classics, is totally beyond me.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 08:05:25 AM »
^^
I totally feel ya on the Beastie Boys. Never really liked them. Sabotage is a cool song, but that shit is hardly Hip-Hop.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 08:06:13 AM »
Biggie - Life After Death

There's a lot of people who consider this to be Biggie's best album, but it ain't got nothing on Ready To Die for me.

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 08:08:30 AM »

Reasonable Doubt... watered down trash in my eyes..

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 08:10:29 AM »

was going to post that, I don't really see how it is a classic

Elevz

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 08:19:09 AM »
The rhyming on Reasonable Doubt is so smooth... I just love that album. The classic status of that album can be argued about though. However, it does seem to be without a doubt Jay-Z's best album.

But yeah, those who are saying Life After Death is a classic, must not have heard Ready To Die. That right there is the best gangstarap album of all time to me. Life After Death was somewhat watered down, even though it did have some amazing cuts. Notorious Thugs, Going Back To Cali, Hypnotize, Kick In The Door, I Love The Dough, Ten Crack Commandments, Mo Money Mo Problems, Sky's The Limit, You're Nobody Until Somebody Kills You... Yes, that album would have been extremely really good as a 1 disc, but as a 2 disc album it just isn't all that.

CanadActive

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Only one GOAT... MJ
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 08:23:23 AM »

I couldn't agree more!!!!!!
But imo, all Jay-z's albums are a lil overated...

The Canadian Polish

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2006, 08:26:13 AM »
I thought Reasonable Doubt was Jay-Z's best album, but that's because of the flow and the rhyming. The beats are nothing to shout about tho'.

And to be slightly controversial:

Niggaz4Life>>>>Straight Outta Compton

OK, the lyrical content on SOC is definitely several cuts above (due to Ice Cube), but I much prefer the beats on N4L.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006, 10:21:19 AM »
death certificate- i just cant get into this.....maybe i'll give it 1 more try....

Don Breezio

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2006, 10:34:32 AM »
my karma is about to get its ass kicked....

Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2006, 11:42:24 AM »
my karma is about to get its ass kicked....

Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle

you NEED to explain your reasoning on that one dude.......i know it's your personal opinion but i need to know what you thought was wrong with that album, for my sanity's sake.

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2006, 01:12:41 PM »
Mainly its east coast albums from the mid nineties...can't really get into the production...

Ready To Die...I love all the easy mo bee and premo produced songs...and the lord finesse produced track...but I am still havin trouble playin the album all the way thru..

Blueprint...not remotely a classic to me...

Infamous...its really the production here I cant really get into too much...

Life After Death...I just played the album all the way, but I had to force myself to be patient...besides Biggie's flow...there is too many skippable tracks for me on that album...
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

DUB CC

• 'G'
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2006, 01:44:49 PM »
Ready To Die