Author Topic: classic albums you dont feel???  (Read 1520 times)

BG Dresta

Re: classic albums you dont feel???
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2006, 02:01:10 PM »
All East Coast albums people call classics.

mrceo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • More Greens Than The Jolly Green Giant
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2006, 02:05:06 PM »
All Eyez On Me - For the same reason as all ya'll picked Life After Death, there is just too many songs to listen to it all the way the way thru, let the hating begin

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2006, 02:07:58 PM »
Got a problem with the east??

I think Biggies albums were much overrated. Yes he can rap but I wasn't feeling his albums like that.

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2006, 02:43:02 PM »
all east coast albums except biggies

especially wu tang first album
i mean i like it and all but i dont see how it's classic
on another note, i think rza beats are overrated, i sometimes like them but there are nothing but samples with drums (just like 9th wonder beats are overrated imo)

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2006, 02:59:42 PM »
All Eyez On Me - For the same reason as all ya'll picked Life After Death, there is just too many songs to listen to it all the way the way thru, let the hating begin

are you serious?  those tracks on that album were fuckin dope from the 1st book to the 2nd.  Now there are a couple of fillers but overall that shit is banging from beginning to muthafuckin end.  It's hard to make a double disc album sound dope because of so many tracks, Pac did just that.  But it is your personal opinion so it's all good.

i've never really felt any jay-z or biggie albums.  BTW Nothing against the East though because i like Nas, Mobb Deep, Gangstarr, and DMX.
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2006, 03:00:17 PM »
"Ready 2 Die"

ive tried over-n-over...i damn near forced myself to like it. but im just not feelin it.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

BG Dresta

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2006, 03:04:52 PM »
Got a problem with the east??

No, I just dont like East Coast rap.

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2006, 03:29:52 PM »
I actually agree completely with A LOT of people on here. I dint like Reasonable doubt, Ready to Die, Infamous or Life after Death. If rtd and lad were one album wit  the fillers missed out then yes id agree it was a classic but i just cant force myself 2 listen to the albums all the way through.

The Maestro

Eihtball

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2006, 03:44:03 PM »

I actually agree here..."All Eyez On Me" has a lot of classic cuts, don't get me wrong, but it's almost half filler and half dope tracks.  It's definitely an album that would've been better if it had been one disc instead of two, though I give Pac props for being ambitious.  But I still just don't feel the album as a whole.

As far as the people who have said "Life After Death"...I can understand that as well, but personally, I think that album had far less filler compared to "All Eyez On Me".  I can pretty much listen to "Life After Death" straight through without skipping many tracks (although the 2nd disc is a little weaker compared to the 1st, I'll give you that).

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2006, 04:45:10 PM »
^^
I totally feel ya on the Beastie Boys. Never really liked them. Sabotage is a cool song, but that shit is hardly Hip-Hop.

Well I'm not sure anyone really called License To Ill a classic artistically. It was a nice album for it's time and it's still strong today but it is a fun comedy album and should be seen as such. I still think it's a great album. I just don't remember too many calling it a classic.

Sabotage is a classic no doubt. It isn't really hip hip but the Beastie's weren't really hip hop. Sabotage is like a punk rock hip hop song and it was amazing. The Album Ill Communication was hip hop for the most part though. Sure Shot is a great hip hop song.

Paul's Boutique was a very innovative samples album and it gets it's credit because of that. The MC style of these guys might not be for eveyrone but Paul's Boutique was still a classic.

herpes

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2006, 04:54:48 PM »
my karma is about to get its ass kicked....

Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle

you NEED to explain your reasoning on that one dude.......i know it's your personal opinion but i need to know what you thought was wrong with that album, for my sanity's sake.
b/c lyrically its trash and he didnt say anything in one song.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2006, 05:15:14 PM »
LOL...Some of you muthafuckaz is straight nuts...Its hard to check the music sections nowadays.

Don Breezio

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2006, 05:44:19 PM »

you NEED to explain your reasoning on that one dude.......i know it's your personal opinion but i need to know what you thought was wrong with that album, for my sanity's sake.

Yep pretty much...

honestly i never felt the album...I think snoop has been overrated from the start.

Professor P

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2006, 06:08:10 PM »
Beasti Boys ain't hip-hop and def. aint classic

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2006, 06:56:52 PM »

Yep pretty much...

honestly i never felt the album...I think snoop has been overrated from the start.

ever since doggystyle snoop has been overrrated..

reasonable doubt no doubt was overrated.