Author Topic: invisibility...  (Read 310 times)

Trauma-san

Re: invisibility...
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2006, 10:27:36 PM »
This comes up about once a year and I always say the same thing.  Invisibility is possible, Einstein proved it.  Since Einstein proved it was possible, all we have to figure out now is how to make it practical. 

His theory of relativity is basically about things are what they are relative to what who when is seeing them, or experiencing them, etc.  (I'm expounding on the theory).

If someone is standing on the left side of a road, and moves faster than the speed of light to the right side of the road, your eye would still see them standing on the left side of the road.  Why? ... because your eye picks up light, and the light from the person standing on the left side of the road would be entering your eye... while the person was streaking across the road.  When they got to the other side, they'd be there before the light they were giving off on the left side of the road reached your eye....... so.....

They'd be standing on the right side of the road, while you saw them on the left side of the road.  You wouldn't see them on the right side of the road, you'd still see them on the left.  They'd be invisible on the right side of the road.  At the most, if you could keep something moving faster than the speed of light, it would be invisible the entire time (or rather, it would have a matrix-like trail behind it of the object moving, after it had already moved). 

An easier way to explain it, is that if you've ever seen lighting, it is audibly 'invisible' because you don't hear it while it's happening... since the speed of sound is so slow.  Seconds later you hear the lighting, even though it's already happened... so you're hearing something that's not there, and the lightning was there without you hearing it... audibly, it was invisible.  (ergh, inaudible)

Note that this also proves that time travel is possible.  Now, i'm not sure that Einstein saw all this or said all this, this is just my observations of Einstein's theory of relativity.  To the person standing watching, relative to him, not only would the person on the right side of the road be invisible, but you'd see them on the left side, where they were previously in time.  So relative to the viewer, the person would be invisible, and in the future. 

Einstein was a genius. 

coola

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2006, 11:02:57 PM »
This comes up about once a year and I always say the same thing.  Invisibility is possible, Einstein proved it.  Since Einstein proved it was possible, all we have to figure out now is how to make it practical. 

His theory of relativity is basically about things are what they are relative to what who when is seeing them, or experiencing them, etc.  (I'm expounding on the theory).

If someone is standing on the left side of a road, and moves faster than the speed of light to the right side of the road, your eye would still see them standing on the left side of the road.  Why? ... because your eye picks up light, and the light from the person standing on the left side of the road would be entering your eye... while the person was streaking across the road.  When they got to the other side, they'd be there before the light they were giving off on the left side of the road reached your eye....... so.....

They'd be standing on the right side of the road, while you saw them on the left side of the road.  You wouldn't see them on the right side of the road, you'd still see them on the left.  They'd be invisible on the right side of the road.  At the most, if you could keep something moving faster than the speed of light, it would be invisible the entire time (or rather, it would have a matrix-like trail behind it of the object moving, after it had already moved). 

An easier way to explain it, is that if you've ever seen lighting, it is audibly 'invisible' because you don't hear it while it's happening... since the speed of sound is so slow.  Seconds later you hear the lighting, even though it's already happened... so you're hearing something that's not there, and the lightning was there without you hearing it... audibly, it was invisible.  (ergh, inaudible)

Note that this also proves that time travel is possible.  Now, i'm not sure that Einstein saw all this or said all this, this is just my observations of Einstein's theory of relativity.  To the person standing watching, relative to him, not only would the person on the right side of the road be invisible, but you'd see them on the left side, where they were previously in time.  So relative to the viewer, the person would be invisible, and in the future. 

Einstein was a genius. 

yeah man, i know about the theory of relativity. i'm not talking about time travel though, because even though he is invisible at a point in time, he is still visible at a different point.

all i mean, is a suit, that captures the surrounding environment, and reproduces it on the suit... so if effect, you are still existant, and people could touch you... you would just appear; to an extent, invisible.

props on the info anyways, but i was thinking about a different concept  :)

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2006, 05:59:10 AM »
You missed the entire point. 

coola

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2006, 06:50:04 AM »
You missed the entire point. 

i think you missed the point.  ;D

Trauma-san

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2006, 06:56:55 AM »
Here's your point.  "We can mimick invisibility by showing a picture of what's behind the person on a piece of clothing or something covering the person".  Japanese scientists did that a year ago, as shown above.

Here's my point.  Not only can we mimick invisibility, ACTUAL invisibility is possible, as outlined by Einstein's theory of relatitivy.  I'm not talking about hide and go seek, I'm talking about actual, relative time travel and invisibility.  So instead of faking it, scientists are capable of actually doing it for real. 

Another thing is that the faster the object was moving, the more faint the 'trail' behind the object would be.  If something moved in front of your eye at a foot a second, you would easily see it as a clear solid object.  If something moved in front of your eye at 20 times the speed of light, your eye probably wouldn't even discern that it was there, because the faint image you would get of the object in one place at any one time would be blurred and almost non-existant since it would only have a split fraction of a fraction of a second to send you light from that area.  Your eye might not even pick it up (I don't know what resolution the human eye is or whatever you would call that).  So, if something was moving fast enough, you might not even see a trail behind it. 

We're talking about something moving in a straight line, too.  Add in two more dimensions of movement... and anything's possible. 

coola

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2006, 08:37:58 AM »
crazy.. makes me think, every time i see soemthing out the corner of my eye..