Author Topic: What the fuck is up with Lauryn Hill???  (Read 1103 times)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
What the fuck is up with Lauryn Hill???
« on: May 12, 2006, 07:00:54 PM »
I was just listening to this new Method Man song with her, the beat is nice and method man was cool, but what the fuck is up with her, she could drop a niiiice vocal on this to make it a beautiful song, but she only goes like ' Yeah yeah yeah?? wtf is up with her, she used to have a nice vocal!

The Watcher

Re: What the fuck is up with Lauryn Hill???
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 07:14:24 PM »
her voice was sampled, it's not new vocals
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 08:54:56 PM »
her voice was sampled, it's not new vocals

really?!!

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 09:11:31 PM »
She went insane, basically.  The small piece of missing info about her is that when the Fugees got big, she was dating Wyclef.  Most people don't know that, I didn't either until I found it in an interview.  Wyclef broke up with her, and she took it really hard.  When she did "The Miseducation" she was trying to make the point that she could do big without Clef, and all the 'disses' on the album are geared towards him.  She even went so far as to claim she produced the whole album, when in reality a few others worked on it and sued her over it.  People say she needed to prove that she could produce without him and got greedy.  When all that was over, she was left depressed and bitter and turned towards religion (and a strange one, at that) to heal her wounds, most people consider the religion she joined a cult.  So years later, she's totally messed up.  Add onto all that trouble the fame and money that has ran through her life, and she's a disaster. 

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 09:36:52 PM »
^^^ sad to see it happen to such a beautiful talented artist.

mrceo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • More Greens Than The Jolly Green Giant
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 10:19:46 PM »
Yeah for sure she's definitely the sickest female rapper, fuck a foxy brown, lil' kim, or a missy elliott

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2006, 01:01:35 AM »
i was disappointed when i heard that first new Fugees track, it sounds almost as if shes lost her voice somewhat...its a fuckin tragedy...Lauryn used to be soo dope...definitely one of the illest female spitters back in the day...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2006, 03:49:29 AM »
She went insane, basically.  The small piece of missing info about her is that when the Fugees got big, she was dating Wyclef.  Most people don't know that, I didn't either until I found it in an interview.  Wyclef broke up with her, and she took it really hard.  When she did "The Miseducation" she was trying to make the point that she could do big without Clef, and all the 'disses' on the album are geared towards him.  She even went so far as to claim she produced the whole album, when in reality a few others worked on it and sued her over it.  People say she needed to prove that she could produce without him and got greedy.  When all that was over, she was left depressed and bitter and turned towards religion (and a strange one, at that) to heal her wounds, most people consider the religion she joined a cult.  So years later, she's totally messed up.  Add onto all that trouble the fame and money that has ran through her life, and she's a disaster. 

lol!!in what way is this related to the topic??no disrespect homie..jus funny how it came out of nowhere :)

and yes its sampled from her unplugged album..hes rappin over a loop..imo nuthin has happened her voice..

ABN

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2006, 03:55:32 AM »
i just don´t think Lauryn´s inspired to make music. and she´s said and done so many crazy things over the years so it wouldn´t surprise me if she´s got mental issues. and she´s fucked with her fans aswell(lmao at selling regular posters of yourself for 80 bucks on your site).

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2006, 04:45:45 AM »

lol!!in what way is this related to the topic??no disrespect homie..jus funny how it came out of nowhere :)

and yes its sampled from her unplugged album..hes rappin over a loop..imo nuthin has happened her voice..

LOL: Disrespect intended; get ready.

The title is "What the fuck is up with Lauryn Hill".  I summarized exactly what the fuck's wrong with her, and you say "WHUT?????" Shut the fuck up. 

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2006, 04:51:29 AM »

LOL: Disrespect intended; get ready.

The title is "What the fuck is up with Lauryn Hill".  I summarized exactly what the fuck's wrong with her, and you say "WHUT?????" Shut the fuck up. 

LOL!!!!!
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Elevz

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2006, 06:03:12 AM »
It's a thin line between insane and genius... You may say she's got mental issues, but listening to Unplugged, where this vocal loop came from, I would say she's brighter than 95% of the people today.

ABN

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2006, 06:06:50 AM »
I would say she's brighter than 95% of the people today.
and i don´t agree. if you listen to any of her rants in her shows and shit and you´ll definently realize that she´s not as smart as he might appear to be on her records....

Elevz

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2006, 06:14:09 AM »
^^ thanks for the -1 anyway, right after I +1'd u ;)

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2006, 07:46:13 AM »
If tha Fugees reunion isn't happenin' anytime soon she should put out a solo album again, a Miseducation 2006 would send a fresh breeze throughout tha hip hop world like it did in '98 her solo album iz one of all time favouritez!

~Loyalty Is Everything~