Author Topic: What the fuck is up with Lauryn Hill???  (Read 1114 times)

Okka

Re: What the fuck is up with Lauryn Hill???
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2006, 08:09:31 AM »
Yeah for sure she's definitely the sickest female rapper, fuck a foxy brown, lil' kim, or a missy elliott

Ya forgot about Lady Of Rage, she's the hardest female rapper i have ever heard...

Throwback

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2006, 08:12:03 AM »
Yeah for sure she's definitely the sickest female rapper, fuck a foxy brown, lil' kim, or a missy elliott

Ya forgot about Lady Of Rage, she's the hardest female rapper i have ever heard...
Jean Grae shits on all of them.

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2006, 08:22:15 AM »
Yeah, Jean Grae does.  Listen to her verse on the Roots last album on the Track Somebody's Gotta Do It.  "Leave your face bruised like the color of the Lakers logo".

Dayum!
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2006, 05:31:39 PM »
Go listen to Lady of Rage - Unfukwitable.  That names sums it up.  Rage = greatest female rapper ever.

teecee

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2006, 08:19:09 PM »
Rage is dope, Jean Grae is killing it the last few years, but damn, Lauryn in her prime was unreal guys.  Voice wise, Lauryn's rapping voice is better than any female artist ever (IMO).   SHe always had the lyrics, and spit on some dope topics (making her far more complete than RAGE)...........

And really, as far as an all around artist, Lauryn is by far the best female associated with hiphop ever.............but ya, i got to agree her singing voice on that new Fugees joint Wanna Be just isn't touching her old voice, which was just incredible.

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2006, 08:42:10 PM »
She went insane, basically.  The small piece of missing info about her is that when the Fugees got big, she was dating Wyclef.  Most people don't know that, I didn't either until I found it in an interview.  Wyclef broke up with her, and she took it really hard.  When she did "The Miseducation" she was trying to make the point that she could do big without Clef, and all the 'disses' on the album are geared towards him.  She even went so far as to claim she produced the whole album, when in reality a few others worked on it and sued her over it.  People say she needed to prove that she could produce without him and got greedy.  When all that was over, she was left depressed and bitter and turned towards religion (and a strange one, at that) to heal her wounds, most people consider the religion she joined a cult.  So years later, she's totally messed up.  Add onto all that trouble the fame and money that has ran through her life, and she's a disaster. 

lol!!in what way is this related to the topic??no disrespect homie..jus funny how it came out of nowhere :)

and yes its sampled from her unplugged album..hes rappin over a loop..imo nuthin has happened her voice..

LOL: Disrespect intended; get ready.

The title is "What the fuck is up with Lauryn Hill".  I summarized exactly what the fuck's wrong with her, and you say "WHUT?????" Shut the fuck up. 

lmao
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Trauma-san

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2006, 10:50:53 PM »
Rage is dope, Jean Grae is killing it the last few years, but damn, Lauryn in her prime was unreal guys.  Voice wise, Lauryn's rapping voice is better than any female artist ever (IMO).   SHe always had the lyrics, and spit on some dope topics (making her far more complete than RAGE)...........

And really, as far as an all around artist, Lauryn is by far the best female associated with hiphop ever.............but ya, i got to agree her singing voice on that new Fugees joint Wanna Be just isn't touching her old voice, which was just incredible.

.... IF you don't count Mary J. Blige.  I would consider Mary J. hiphop but a lot don't, so I understand that.  Lauryn really was great, though.  She sounded confident but not bragging on everything... a lot of times when people just brag on a track they sound like imposters, Lauryn was just on top of things.  Oooooh laaa laaa laaaa

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2006, 11:16:04 PM »

.... IF you don't count Mary J. Blige. I would consider Mary J. hiphop but a lot don't, so I understand that. Lauryn really was great, though. She sounded confident but not bragging on everything... a lot of times when people just brag on a track they sound like imposters, Lauryn was just on top of things. Oooooh laaa laaa laaaa

Fu-gee-la is my favorite Fugees track.  That beat is so raw, and Lauryn on the hook is amazing.  "Cause I'm superfly when I'm super-high on the Fu-Gee-La."  I'd say she's the most talented female singer/MC, but I still say Rage is the best female MC ever.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2006, 12:31:33 AM »
yall should check marvaless^^^^ she got skills too...as good or if not better than lady of rage....her flow is unfuckwidable.....

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2006, 12:57:23 AM »
She went insane, basically.  The small piece of missing info about her is that when the Fugees got big, she was dating Wyclef.  Most people don't know that, I didn't either until I found it in an interview.  Wyclef broke up with her, and she took it really hard.  When she did "The Miseducation" she was trying to make the point that she could do big without Clef, and all the 'disses' on the album are geared towards him.  She even went so far as to claim she produced the whole album, when in reality a few others worked on it and sued her over it.  People say she needed to prove that she could produce without him and got greedy.  When all that was over, she was left depressed and bitter and turned towards religion (and a strange one, at that) to heal her wounds, most people consider the religion she joined a cult.  So years later, she's totally messed up.  Add onto all that trouble the fame and money that has ran through her life, and she's a disaster. 

lol!!in what way is this related to the topic??no disrespect homie..jus funny how it came out of nowhere :)

and yes its sampled from her unplugged album..hes rappin over a loop..imo nuthin has happened her voice..

The title is "What the fuck is up with Lauryn Hill".  I summarized exactly what the fuck's wrong with her, and you say "WHUT?????" Shut the fuck up. 

Its obvious for anyone with an IQ over 12 that Hercy Buggz was reffering to her appearance on the track with method man, and NOT her mental health, now u made your self look even more like a dumb fuck ;)

Diabolical

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2006, 01:35:29 PM »
biggest cult in the world = Christianity

Trauma-san

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2006, 03:23:18 PM »

Its obvious for anyone with an IQ over 12 that Hercy Buggz was reffering to her appearance on the track with method man, and NOT her mental health, now u made your self look even more like a dumb fuck ;)

Her mental health is the reason she sucks ass on the track as well, it's sampled from her emotional "I'm falling off the face of the earth" performance at MTV unplugged which was a fucking joke of an album.  Of course, maybe you've got mental issues too and don't see the problem. 

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2006, 03:26:31 PM »

^^  I still haven't figured out how that makes her "messed up"?  If she is defined as "messed up" in today's society, then one should explain how to define the likes of Lil' Kim, Beyonce, Christina Milian, and whoever else is selling their ass to make a few dollars. 

Lauryn Hill is searching her soul and people want to call her crazy?   Sometimes our perspective on the range of human emotion and potential is far too limiting and it doesn't allow us to think outside our own brief, narrow view of the world.  
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 03:42:01 PM by Hajj Ibrahim Abdul-Infinite Iz Active Islam Abu Muhammad Uthman »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2006, 06:08:21 PM »
Ô God..  lol what happened to that so simple thread...

Doggystylin

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2006, 06:25:53 PM »
Ô God..  lol what happened to that so simple thread...

Trauma & Infinite, thats what happened