Author Topic: The reason Hip Hop always comes back to NY  (Read 431 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: The reason Hip Hop always comes back to NY
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2006, 10:41:56 AM »
I think that the situation in the west and east from the 90's in not repeating themselves. Back then, the west dominated the charts, but the east dominated the magazines, and the west wanted respect from the magz. Now though, the south doesn't give a fuck about respect, or who thinks that they are good emcees, or anything like that. They care about money, platnum teeth and diamonds on their pimp cup.

suckaa free

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2006, 10:49:25 AM »
fuck new yourk.  the only reason why you made this thread is because you want to bring attention to New York, when nothing is really going on.  the biggest stories from last year were the south and the bay blowin into the mainstream, you could probably say the biggest beef story was Game vs G-Unit, not jay and nas.

the only reason why people down play the record sales is becuase there are so many flops.  yea, you might have the biggest selling album but what about everybody else?  new york is the most overrated region.
thank you for proving my point, you see how mad duke got, he has some serious resentment towards ny.... 1996 was 10 years agp

thats what i thought, you got nothin substantial to say so you speak out of yo ass.  beeyatch. 

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2006, 11:30:33 AM »
I don't think most southern artists care if they get respected anywhere..

And NY ain't even wack at all. Each region got they own style so I think its stupid to compare their music to differnet regions. Fans just do it to try and put their area above another. In the south its all about getting crunk, in the east its all about the lyrics and in the west its about being gangsta or now getting hyphy. ( I'm talking In General so before someone trys to bite me ) So half the people tryin to put NY down probably just don't like they style. Dumbasses.

mang, im not tryin to put one region atop another.  the reason why i say new york is overrated is becuase the weakest rappers(from new york) go on mtv and bet.  they sell records simply because people see thier face(image) on tv and want to associate with the person's character rather than their music, while you have people in cali and in the south moving 300,000 units out they trunk.  and you said new york is all lyrical.  can you say dipset, 50 cent, jadakiss, are lyrical?  or the south is all about crunk, what about chamillianre?  he is one of the best lyricist in the game.  its not that one region has one style, thier is a variety everywhere.  all im sayin is that new york shadows everyone becuase of their non-deserving exposure.  and that shit pisses me off, but thats the way the shit is.   >:(

>:(

Buy yeah I do think Jada is lyrical.

suckaa free

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2006, 11:35:36 AM »
I don't think most southern artists care if they get respected anywhere..

And NY ain't even wack at all. Each region got they own style so I think its stupid to compare their music to differnet regions. Fans just do it to try and put their area above another. In the south its all about getting crunk, in the east its all about the lyrics and in the west its about being gangsta or now getting hyphy. ( I'm talking In General so before someone trys to bite me ) So half the people tryin to put NY down probably just don't like they style. Dumbasses.

mang, im not tryin to put one region atop another.  the reason why i say new york is overrated is becuase the weakest rappers(from new york) go on mtv and bet.  they sell records simply because people see thier face(image) on tv and want to associate with the person's character rather than their music, while you have people in cali and in the south moving 300,000 units out they trunk.  and you said new york is all lyrical.  can you say dipset, 50 cent, jadakiss, are lyrical?  or the south is all about crunk, what about chamillianre?  he is one of the best lyricist in the game.  its not that one region has one style, thier is a variety everywhere.  all im sayin is that new york shadows everyone becuase of their non-deserving exposure.  and that shit pisses me off, but thats the way the shit is.   >:(

>:(

Buy yeah I do think Jada is lyrical.

i aint tryin to diss you mang, just tryin to get my point across.  oh yea, IMO, jada is trash.

herpes

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2006, 12:46:50 PM »
fuck new yourk.  the only reason why you made this thread is because you want to bring attention to New York, when nothing is really going on.  the biggest stories from last year were the south and the bay blowin into the mainstream, you could probably say the biggest beef story was Game vs G-Unit, not jay and nas.

the only reason why people down play the record sales is becuase there are so many flops.  yea, you might have the biggest selling album but what about everybody else?  new york is the most overrated region.
thank you for proving my point, you see how mad duke got, he has some serious resentment towards ny.... 1996 was 10 years agp

thats what i thought, you got nothin substantial to say so you speak out of yo ass.  beeyatch. 
you mad... its only rap music bro.