Author Topic: Anybody know about this new Muslim rapper down wit Kanye- Lupo Fiasco(?)  (Read 845 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
He was on a track on Kanye's last album.  XXL did an article saying he's the next biggest thing.  I ain't heard him yet though.  Anyone know anything?
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

ABN

just go around looking on all of the major hip hop sites(AHH,SOHH,soundslam.com etc).

mauzip

So you only care about this rapper cause he's a muslim? :loser:

Eihtball

Wow, talk about somebody who's been living under a rock...cats been singing Lupe Fiasco's name for a minute now.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
So you only care about this rapper cause he's a muslim? :loser:

No.  Because I care about alot of rappers who aren't Muslim, and there are a few rappers who are Muslim that I'm not really a fan of (like Beanie Siegal and Freeway).   But when I was reading the article in XXL and I saw that his middle name is Muhammad and that he's a Muslim, it definitely peeked my interest.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Wow, talk about somebody who's been living under a rock...cats been singing Lupe Fiasco's name for a minute now.

I'm an old school hip-hop head.  I'll be the first to admit that.  The stuff I listen to is old, atleast 3 years or more old.  Remember when my name at the forum used to be 'Hip Hop Is Dead'?

Eihtball

I'm an old school hip-hop head.  I'll be the first to admit that.  The stuff I listen to is old, atleast 3 years or more old.  Remember when my name at the forum used to be 'Hip Hop Is Dead'?

3 years or older is not "old school".

No, I do not remember when your name here used to be "Hip-Hop Is Dead".  I've only been here since the fall.

• Muthafuckin' Don!

3 years or older is not "old school".

No, I do not remember when your name here used to be "Hip-Hop Is Dead".  I've only been here since the fall.

Look it up man, old school only means that you hold traditional values or ideals, so in that sense I'm an old school hip-hop fan.  Back in 1993 we used to call the 80's "old school".  So I don't understand why in 2006 we can't consider the 90's "old school".  Tell me why? 

Second of all, notice I said 3 years or more meaning that 2003 was the end (93 was the beggining), I cut myself off from anything new after that point (with some exceptions).
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 07:12:31 AM by Hajj Ibrahim Abdul-Infinite Iz Active Islam Abu Muhammad Uthman »

herpes

hes been out for a minute now and his single kick push is getting buzz.  His album leaked about 3 weeks ago.  But hes really into skateboarding which is something popular among the white devils so I dont know how much you will like him.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
hes been out for a minute now and his single kick push is getting buzz.  His album leaked about 3 weeks ago.  But hes really into skateboarding which is something popular among the white devils so I dont know how much you will like him.

There's nothing wrong with skateboarding, or being white.  I'm white (although I never skateboarded).

Eihtball

Look it up man, old school only means that you hold traditional values or ideals, so in that sense I'm an old school hip-hop fan.  Back in 1993 we used to call the 80's "old school".  So I don't understand why in 2006 we can't consider the 90's "old school".  Tell me why? 

Second of all, notice I said 3 years or more meaning that 2003 was the end (93 was the beggining), I cut myself off from anything new after that point (with some exceptions).

What "traditional values or ideals" are you referring to?

In hip-hop, "old school" has very a specific connotation, and anything from beyond the early-90s' ain't it.

• Muthafuckin' Don!

What "traditional values or ideals" are you referring to?

In hip-hop, "old school" has very a specific connotation, and anything from beyond the early-90s' ain't it.

Possibly, you bring up an interesting point, this would be a good subject for another thread.  What constitutes "old school" when in reference to hip-hop.  Because I think that until Pac died, rappers were still following a similar formula to the 80's.

Eihtball

Possibly, you bring up an interesting point, this would be a good subject for another thread.  What constitutes "old school" when in reference to hip-hop.  Because I think that until Pac died, rappers were still following a similar formula to the 80's.

I really don't.  Styles and trends in hip-hop change extremely rapidly, but "old school" generally means anything before "The Chronic" and the G-Funk era (Pac was more-or-less a rapper of the G-Funk era).  I think the main thing that distinguishes the G-Funk era from the Golden Age (old school era) is the fact that in the Golden Age, it was all about free-for-all sampling, whereas G-Funk marked the point where production was driven more by borrowed melodies, synthesizers, and female backing vocals.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 07:31:27 AM by Tha Spirt Ov Allah Clarence 13Xtra Tha Fatha (Iz Active) »

Throwback

There's nothing wrong with skateboarding, or being white.  I'm white (although I never skateboarded).
BLASPHEMY!!

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before

I really don't.  Styles and trends in hip-hop change extremely rapidly, but "old school" generally means anything before "The Chronic" and the G-Funk era (Pac was more-or-less a rapper of the G-Funk era).  I think the main thing that distinguishes the G-Funk era from the Golden Age (old school era) is the fact that in the Golden Age, it was all about free-for-all sampling, whereas G-Funk marked the point where production was driven more by borrowed melodies, synthesizers, and female backing vocals.

Well the Sugarhill Gang pretty much used the same concepts that the Chronic era used when it came to Rapper's Delight. There is a few differences between old school and new school I guess. Anything from Chronic and forward would be new school while everything before before Rakim, KRS, or P.E. would be old school. That 87 to 92 era was more transitional where you had a lot of elements from the old style but new styles and techniques emerging. Rakim's wordplay and rhym patterns, with Kane's flow and attitude of Public Enemy and NWA all combined in the early 90s to create ther new sound (I know NWA and PE had very different messages but their attitude and in your face production wasn't too different on some levels). The music became more complicated at the same time more listenable. The rhyming and flow really excelled and the production was with a much higher budget for the most part. What we have to day is just a polished 90s sound. Another difference is the negative vs postive . In the old shoool it was a very positive outlook compared to now, and it wasn't postive it was more responsible about it. Compare the street imagery of The Message to that of 2Pac's, Nas's, or Biggie's. The influence of the mob movies came into play with the new school rappers and they began to either brag a bout or romanticize the street life. I was watching MTV Canada with Juvenile the other week and an old DJ from the Bronx was on the phone, I forgot his name but he was the DJ on many of the original rap records and he said something very interesting; something along the lines of in the old days hip hop was about getting kids of the streets and out of gangs and now it's about getting them on the streets and in gangs. Juvi didn't respond and the DJ was cut off whiuch I found funny, but I couldn't disagree with the guy. I guess my favourite era is the transition era. The old Rakim stuff, the PE stuff, the BDP stuff, Gangstarr. Anything that takes the old school style but adds in something new.