Do you believe in UFOs?

Yes
13 (59.1%)
No
6 (27.3%)
Undecided
3 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Do you believe in UFOs?  (Read 773 times)

Sikotic™

Re: Do you believe in UFOs?
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2006, 07:58:57 PM »
You can't believe in Christianity/Judaism/Islam if you believe in UFO's  :nahnah:

Not true at all...

its true.
They do conflict. Did Jesus die for the martians too?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Eihtball

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2006, 08:10:21 PM »
Yeah, UFO sightings were reported during the era of the Roman Empire, as well as Biblical times.  They're nothing new.  But considering that 99.9% of the photos are always of saucer-shaped ships that looking like frisbees or tinfoil-covered hats, I'm inclined to think most photos of UFOs are most def fake.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2006, 09:56:58 AM »
You can't believe in Christianity/Judaism/Islam if you believe in UFO's  :nahnah:

Not true at all...

its true.

It's not true...Show me where it says that in the bible.

Word to Everything

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2006, 06:58:40 PM »

Not true at all...

its true.

It's not true...Show me where it says that in the bible.

Adam and Eve

WestCoasta

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2006, 07:01:30 PM »
aliens come allllllllllll the way to earth to visit farms in the middle of nowhere

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2006, 10:32:02 PM »
ofcourse aliens exist.

the real question is:
was the human race developed by alien geneticists that mixed alien dna with indigenous creatures on earth in order to create a race of slaves?
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2006, 10:36:43 PM »

sure you can.
both islam and judiasm simply affirm that there is a supreme creator that is worthy of all worship. 
there is a practice of interpretting adam and eve and genesis as allegorical within the jewish kaballah.  similar flexibility exists wiithin christian gnosticism and islamic sufism.

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2006, 10:38:16 PM »
ofcourse aliens exist.

the real question is:
was the human race developed by alien geneticists that mixed alien dna with indigenous creatures on earth in order to create a race of slaves?

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2006, 10:43:26 PM »
alright.  first things first.

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2006, 10:45:56 PM »
They do conflict. Did Jesus die for the martians too?

a) that's one interpretation of jesus life.

b) do the martians even need a savior?  surely the martians would benefit from following the examply of christ's life.  but who is to say they need that?

Trauma-san

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2006, 11:15:59 PM »
The bible clearly leaves room for aliens.  In Genesis, it talks about the first man, and then the first woman, then their sons.  Then their sons are having children with their wives.  Where did the women come from?  There's holes all in the book of Genesis that the Catholic church decided to remove whatever they didn't like... so we're left with a fragment of the original book.  Verses dealing with other life in the heavens could have easily been deleted.  The biblical account mentions Abel, then Cain, then Cain killing Abel.  That leaves Adam, Eve, and Abel, who's cast out and goes to live in another town.  What the f?  He goes to another town and marries, etc.... but where did everybody come from?  The book simply doesn't tell most of the story.  Nowhere does it say that the only place there is life is on earth. 

There's even mention of "Giants" with the literal translation of Giants meaning those who were cast out of the sky, i.e. alien visitors.  The bible talks about how the Giants slept with the women and all kinds of things before God decided to destroy the earth... insinuating that these alien visitors had came to earth and the women were having monstrous children, etc. in the chaos and turmoil that perpetuated the earth before it was destroyed by the flood.  It also says in the bible (I believe christ said it) that in the end times the earth shall be as the days of Noah were.... i.e., Christ is predicting the return of Aliens and such.

Of course that's all interpretation, but just as you say you can't believe in Aliens and be Christian, some Christians could say that the bible and Jesus Christ himself show the existance of Aliens. 

WestCoasta

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2006, 11:31:52 PM »
The bible clearly leaves room for aliens.  In Genesis...

hahaha

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2006, 11:57:49 PM »
The bible clearly leaves room for aliens.  In Genesis, it talks about the first man, and then the first woman, then their sons.  Then their sons are having children with their wives.  Where did the women come from?  There's holes all in the book of Genesis that the Catholic church decided to remove whatever they didn't like... so we're left with a fragment of the original book.

the catholic church was only able to shape and distort the new testament.  you can look at the jewish torah to see the old testament and what has changed.  that story is mostly intact.  other than that i agreee with you. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2006, 12:27:43 AM »
The bible clearly leaves room for aliens.  In Genesis, it talks about the first man, and then the first woman, then their sons.  Then their sons are having children with their wives.  Where did the women come from?  There's holes all in the book of Genesis that the Catholic church decided to remove whatever they didn't like... so we're left with a fragment of the original book.

the catholic church was only able to shape and distort the new testament.  you can look at the jewish torah to see the old testament and what has changed.  that story is mostly intact.  other than that i agreee with you. 

^True...

Boo-Yaa †

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Keep the Faith
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2006, 10:03:13 AM »
i have seen a UFO.