Author Topic: Why I Don't Like Sisqo (funny!)  (Read 180 times)

Crenshaw_blvd

Why I Don't Like Sisqo (funny!)
« on: February 07, 2002, 06:03:20 AM »
allhiphop.com(by ILLSEED)
I don’t Like Sisqo
There, I said it. I don’t like Sisqo the Magic Dragon. I got it out and released it. You maw fukkas make it hard to express distaste for Sisqo since most of you feel him so much. Let me expound on the reasons why I personally don’t appreciate Sisqo and why you as a smart person shouldn’t either.

1) He is not a man. He is a male but I don’t feel he is a gottdaaamn man. I don’t know the cat but unlike what Sprite says, Image is everything in Sisqo’s arena of expertise. When you see son on the magazine covers, he is either smiling like some coked out Sambo or growling like he hardcore enough to make R&B brothers act a fool! Bitch, please! To me, there are too many pretty boys in the whole R&B thing anyway but Sisqo is the cherry on top! As a Black man that comes from a lineage of strong brothers, being a weak looking cat-type is considered a sin where I come from. I don’t really like male singers too much to begin with, but take me back a few years and I can get down, ya heard? I want a male R&B dun to be on some Teddy Pendegrass like, "You got, You got, You got what I need!" Sheeeet, even when Al B. Sure! (the 80’s Maxwell) was out, son was nice and he wasn’t a chump despite him having a high pitched voice. If illseed and Jagged Edge got into a little rumble against some rap cats, I wouldn’t worry about it cause they not sweet. Sisqo would get pimp-slapped and dropped instantaneously. No doubt.

2) Sisqo bites styles of other artists. When Jodeci disbanded, there was a void of sorts within the Black boy group genre. Cats wanted some grainy, hardcore, arrogant R&B. Guess who jumped in and capitalized? A decent group from Baltimore named Dru Hill. Dru Hill proved to be the Nutra-Sweet to Jodeci’s sugar cane. They weren’t bad but you could hear K-Ci all up in the Dru Hill’s lead singer’s voice. That lead singer was Sisqo who showed quite a bit more personality than the rest of Dru Hill. As a performer, he is eerily reminiscent of another singer (and odd fellow) Michael "Wacko Jacko" Jackson. My pops never like Michael or Prince (although I like both a lot) and I suppose that’s why I can’t stand Sisqo. Thank God illseed has no seeds.
3) The Hair. Yes, it’s a trademark but why do it? And who? Only Sisqo.

4) He is not Hip Hop yet time and time again mainstream media like MTV refer to this R&B Kwame as a product of Hip Hop. I know its not Sissy’s fault but still, he could start to believe that he is Hip Hop. Yeah, sure, "Thong Song" had some weird "rap" and every asshole in the world got it twisted. He is a mutant strand of talent as it is so how could he be even a third cousin of hip hop, son? MTV even had the nerve to nominate this Cream Puff for a Hip-Hop Video Award! Look at this line up and tell me what's wrong!

* Juvenile, "Back That Thang Up"
* Lauryn Hill, "Everything Is Everything"
* Limp Bizkit/Method Man, "N 2 gether Now"
* Q-Tip, "Vivrant Thing"
* Sisqó, "Thong Song"

Yo, I’m saying, this cat is not Hip Hop. Fuck Dat.

5) And then there is the ever-present, undying, lingering Gay Issue. Be who the heck you are and gottdaggit, do what works for you and your life. Illseed doesn’t care, ya heard? But, if you ain’t what they saying you are then let them know – EMPHATICALLY! See, when illseed was a youth, a dumb white person thought he could call me a nigger. After, about five people pried my black ass hands from around his now red neck, I made sure that he knew that I was NOT a nigger. I said it very clearly and even let him repeat it back to me so that he could hear himself saying, "illseed is not a nigger."

Anyway, the moral of the story is Sisqo says he is not homosexual. Fine. Tell the world – loudly. I don’t know if that cat is gay and I don’t really care but the way he addresses the issue is mad funny.On the radio once, a DJ asked to group if they were gay and all of the group replied with a resounding, "NO!" – except Sisqo. He said, "I see how people could say that." Way to dispel the rumors, bucko. Now he totes his "6-Pack" where ever he goes, is an attempt to show that he loves the ladies and that he is hornier than your average fellow. Hey, the ladies are banging like steel drums at Marde Gras but I’m saying – before, this cat had all MALE dancers. And all of a sudden, he has a "6-Pack" of shiny dime-piece video babes that he never leaves home without. Then there is the graphic, uncensored "Thong Song" video – more, women, more rumor dispelling press releases. Something is awry. Oh, never mind and more who cares.

6) I don’t know. How can I love anything. I hate myself so how the *what* can I begin to love something like Sisqo? Who knows.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Trauma-san

Re: Why I Don't Like Sisqo (funny!)
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2002, 06:25:29 AM »
Ha, at least he explained himself.  I wish people that hated snoop, etc. would explain themselves, sometimes.

Dogg_Pound_Gangsta

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2002, 08:07:45 AM »
i guess u really dont like sisqo.  i think he aight but he dont stand ova every other artist.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2002, 10:31:17 PM »
Ha, at least he explained himself.  I wish people that hated snoop, etc. would explain themselves, sometimes.

lol...well...i don"t hate snoop...i loved hiz preformances on doggystyle and chorinic...but i don"t think he iz even near one of tha greatest rapperz ever(what yall peepz make him seem)....and if you holla at me on aim dawg...i"ll explain...cauze right now i ain"t got no time.... ;D

peace.
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Antonio

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2002, 01:59:50 AM »

lol...well...i don"t hate snoop...i loved hiz preformances on doggystyle and chorinic...but i don"t think he iz even near one of tha greatest rapperz ever(what yall peepz make him seem)....and if you holla at me on aim dawg...i"ll explain...cauze right now i ain"t got no time.... ;D

peace.