Author Topic: 50´s signed yet another artist.......  (Read 235 times)

ABN

50´s signed yet another artist.......
« on: May 16, 2006, 04:07:35 AM »
With Mobb Deep's Blood Money now in stores, 50 Cent has turned his attention to two new subjects: one of the founding members of the G-Unit and his label's newest member.

Lloyd Banks has recently released a couple of songs to radio and put out mixtapes to build anticipation for his sophomore release, The Rotten Apple, tentatively due July 18.

The song "Cake" features a verse from 50 and shows that the Boy Wonder hasn't lost his knack for wordplay. And Banks — who recently celebrated his 24th birthday with the G-Unit, Ras Kass and Hoopz from "The Flavor of Love" at a blowout bash in NYC — called on Timbaland for his first single, "My House."

"This is my house/ When you in my house/ Under my roof/ You follow my rules," Banks declares on the hook.

"Girl, I'll house you," 50 chimes in. "You in my house now."

A couple of weeks ago, Banks, Young Buck, 50 and the rest of the G-Unit were in Miami for a Radio One weekend concert. Interscope Records, which G-Unit Records is a subsidiary of, held a showcase where Busta Rhymes, Thicke and Pharrell all performed new material.

At the showcase, 50 Cent took the stage and introduced the newest member of the G-Unit, Phoenix MC Hot Rod, even performing on one of Rod's songs.

"You can bop to it, shake and rock to it," Hot Rod rapped on the hook, with 50 playing hype man. "Push rocks to it, drop the top to it/ Flow hot fluid, y'all cannot do it/ You better leave that sh-- up to me/ Hot Rod."

Hot Rod's album, which should include his Mary J. Blige duet, "Be Easy," doesn't have a release date yet, but he's clearly already started revving up his engine.

— Shaheem Reid

singing more artists is prolly the last thing 50 should do. he should just focus on the ones he got, if he keeps it up he´s gonna be the 2007 Master P.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 50´s signed yet another artist.......
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 04:45:17 AM »
Like you said stupid idea. GUnit is already begining to loose hype.

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 50´s signed yet another artist.......
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 05:38:34 AM »
You know Interscope isn't going to release his album anyway. :laugh: