Author Topic: An actual HYPHY atmosphere....  (Read 390 times)

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
An actual HYPHY atmosphere....
« on: May 16, 2006, 11:41:17 AM »
I hate it when muthafucaz post up shit with 2 gay lookin black doods dancing and call it this what hyphy is....problem is that people get hyphy just so they getting hyphy. The natural feeling is gone in alot of places these days, the real meaning of hyphy is being rowdy as fuck, thats how it started on the underground, then rappers n shit turned it into a party thing and that's all good. But if it ain't natural, it ain't shit. Check this video @ 1:30, it's only 3 seconds....but it was all us at cinco de mayo over there in san jose, the cops rushed everybody but it was the shit while it lasted. Pause it on that second and you'll see the real meaning of hyphy, it will show you why it's a movement.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Word to Everything

Re: An actual HYPHY atmosphere....
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 12:30:16 PM »
lol you didn't do any better...I thought Gangsta Fag was gonna make an appearance^  :laugh:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JbcTM1NbzzI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JbcTM1NbzzI</a>

SGV

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 12:52:54 PM »
LMAO @ Carrying a Norte Flag.  ::)

BAY_BOY_408

• 'G'
  • 07 MVP
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 12:57:37 PM »
I hate it when muthafucaz post up shit with 2 gay lookin black doods dancing and call it this what hyphy is....problem is that people get hyphy just so they getting hyphy. The natural feeling is gone in alot of places these days, the real meaning of hyphy is being rowdy as fuck, thats how it started on the underground, then rappers n shit turned it into a party thing and that's all good. But if it ain't natural, it ain't shit. Check this video @ 1:30, it's only 3 seconds....but it was all us at cinco de mayo over there in san jose, the cops rushed everybody but it was the shit while it lasted. Pause it on that second and you'll see the real meaning of hyphy, it will show you why it's a movement.

shits been happening in san jose for cinco de mayo n mardi gras before it was considered hyphy!!

east bay funk

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 01:35:42 PM »
i can tell you where there will be an actual hyphy atmosphere ...oakland coliseum parking lot this friday night ,  giants are the playing the a's and you know we do it big in the parking lot

BAY_BOY_408

• 'G'
  • 07 MVP
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 01:43:08 PM »
i can tell you where there will be an actual hyphy atmosphere ...oakland coliseum parking lot this friday night ,  giants are the playing the a's and you know we do it big in the parking lot

yup.....of course da A's are gonna win....did n-e one go to da bomb concert that past?? heard dat shit got crazy too

J Bananas

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 01:56:33 PM »
yeah zilla on the real ur making hyphy even gayer by trying to be the authority on it. if its an energy, let it be, if some black dudes start doin all that shit at the gas station to hyphy music, they gettin hyphy! since when do u decide what is and what isnt. all that video showed me was a bunch of mexicans doing their crazy mexican shit. some call it buck, some call it crunk, some call it hype, some call it hyphy, by u trying to categorize a natural feeling kids get is just opening the door for it to get more watered down as fuck and for every dude on the internet to debate wheteher something is hyphy or not. aint that fuckin lame?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 03:27:44 PM »
thats stupid...and i dont mean that in bay language
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 03:29:29 PM »
^ LMAO

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2006, 04:28:54 PM »
LMAO @ Carrying a Norte Flag.  ::)

LMAO, mannn.

bomb concert got a lil too krayzie afterwards when them shots rang off....

and I know we been doin it in San Jo way before the hyphy thang came around (try since the 60's), im juss sayin the culture isn't just the gay aspect of some of the dances which some cats on here seem to keep baggin on.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

coola

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2006, 01:00:43 AM »
isnt hyphy just a bay version of gettin crunk ?

Word to Everything

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2006, 08:29:30 AM »
lol haven't been there in years  ;D they raided that place a couple of months ago for selling fake merchandise  :laugh:

Chea I remember the good ole days at Webster Elementary.

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2006, 08:11:40 PM »
yeah zilla on the real ur making hyphy even gayer by trying to be the authority on it. if its an energy, let it be, if some black dudes start doin all that shit at the gas station to hyphy music, they gettin hyphy! since when do u decide what is and what isnt. all that video showed me was a bunch of mexicans doing their crazy mexican shit. some call it buck, some call it crunk, some call it hype, some call it hyphy, by u trying to categorize a natural feeling kids get is just opening the door for it to get more watered down as fuck and for every dude on the internet to debate wheteher something is hyphy or not. aint that fuckin lame?

;D  i agree completely, hyphy generated from the bay, if you ever watched MTV's "My Block: The Bay" they interviewed keak da sneak, and other rappers vouched that keak is the originator of "Hyphee" he said its supposed to be slang for "Hyper".

But i Agree with homeboy, this Hyphy shit is getting out of hand, so what if you don't like it, its getting bigger reguardless of what you guys think, its all a matter of taste, jus like most of yall are SPRUNG of DPG and snoop dogg, cali iz active is wack as hell, i like hearing new things new artists, the same people over and over and over again jus aint krackin no mo.....nuff said.

and im gonna watch as my karma goes down, cuz i know more that half of you guys are DPGC dick riders!!!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 08:13:46 PM by Native_Joe99 »