Author Topic: Bone Thug-N-Harmony Ink Deal With Interscope Through Swizz Beatz' Full Surface  (Read 842 times)

Mr. Humonculous

Bone Thug-N-Harmony Ink Deal With Interscope Through Swizz Beatz' Full Surface Label
By Fawn Renee

Cleveland-bred rap crew Bone Thugs-N-Harmony recently inked a deal with Interscope Records via producer Swizz Beatz' Full Surface imprint. The group is currently working on an as-yet-untitled album, slated for a late 2006 release.
The new set will feature production by Swizz Beatz, Kanye West, Lil' Jon, Three 6 Mafia, Big Boi of Outkast, and Dr. Dre, and boasts new lyrics by imprisoned Bone Thugs member Flesh-N-Bone.

The rapper, brother of member Layzie Bone, is currently serving an 11-year sentence in a California prison on various gun charges. He is eligible for parole in 2008.

"[Swizz Beatz] said he wanted to help us get back in the game so we started working with him," Krayzie Bone told AllHipHop.com. "At first we were going to sign with J Records, because that's who Swizz' label was under, but Swizz' deal ran up with J Records. Then other people started hearing that we were working with Swizz Beatz and started making offers, and Interscope was one of the biggest offers that came through. So now we're signed to Swizz [and going] through Interscope."

The group will begin recording next week in Arizona. "As soon as we get a hit single you're going to hear it on the radio, probably way before the album comes out," said Krayzie. "Gotta get a head-start on the competition out there."

Though fans can look forward to hearing Flesh-N-Bone on the new album, former associate Bizzy Bone will be missing in action, according to the remaining Bone Thug members.

The group cut ties with the troubled rapper in October 2002 after he showed up intoxicated to a show at BB King's Blues Club in New York City. This, along with several other incidents, led to the group officially parting ways with Bizzy.

Despite the turmoil, however, Krayzie said the group harbors no hard feelings.

"We're cool [with Bizzy], but as far as speaking to him, I'm not sure if anyone can have a regular conversation with him right now," said Krayzie Bone. "Right now I guess he's going through whatever he's going through in life. Whenever he wants to come back he can come back. Ain't gonna be no dis songs about him or nothin' like that. We're still family."

Along with the release of their album, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony is also launching a new clothing line called The Line, in addition to Krayzie's sneaker brand, TL Classics.

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=5678

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Swizz Beatz and Bone Thug-N-Harmony....Nah not feeling that one.

youngmessnucca

there probably  my favorite group ever, but without Bizzy, the album isn't going to be that good imo.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
there probably  my favorite group ever, but without Bizzy, the album isn't going to be that good imo.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Sounds good to me, I've always thought Bizzy sounded like a bitch for the most part anyways.  Swizz Beats is a good producer too.

Sikotic™

Not feelin' this combo. They need Bizzy too. I'll wait and listen before I judge though.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
wont be the same w/o bizzy, but any bone thugs is better than no bon thugs

J Bananas

could be interesting....could be shitty, given bones track record for the last 5 years, prolly shitty

mauzip

Not feelin' this combo. They need Bizzy too. I'll wait and listen before I judge though.

Eihtball

I don't like the fact that Bizzy's gone, either, but given how crazy he's become in the past few years, it may be for the better.  I haven't heard one Bizzy solo album that was even listenable, whereas Krayzie and Layzie have routinely put out solo albums that are as good as anything Bone ever did together.

At least they have a major label deal again.  That's most def a good thing.  I dunno how well they'll do with production by Swizz Beatz, but at least they've got Lil Jon, and Krayzie usually sounds good over Lil Jon beats.  Hopefully, this new deal will revive their career.

BizzyR.I.P.

Bizzy Bone's The Gift was the best Bone solo IMO. I'm curious to see the 3-6 & Dre combo with Bone.

jeromechickenbone

Krayzie and Layzie have routinely put out solo albums that are as good as anything Bone ever did together.

MOST...RETARDED....POST...EVER

LMFAO!  Nigga put down the sherm stick and get out D-Bo's pigeon coop.  PLEASE explain how any of their solos match up to Creepin on ah come up, E. 1999 ETERNAL, or even Art of War. 
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 08:51:46 PM by Jrome The Marauder »

Eihtball

LMFAO!  Nigga put down the sherm stick and get out D-Bo's pigeon coop.  PLEASE explain how amy of their solos match up to Creepin on ah come up, E. 1999 ETERNAL, or even Art of War. 

Still bitter about all those times I've called you on something, huh?  Even to the point that you bite my style?

Ever heard Krayzie's "Thug On Da Line" album?  If you did, I think you'd know what I'm talking about.  No, it's not a new classic, but it was damn close.  And "Art of War" was mediocre, IMO...too long and full of filler, even though it did have some great tracks.

jeromechickenbone

LMFAO!  Nigga put down the sherm stick and get out D-Bo's pigeon coop.  PLEASE explain how amy of their solos match up to Creepin on ah come up, E. 1999 ETERNAL, or even Art of War. 

Still bitter about all those times I've called you on something, huh?  Even to the point that you bite my style?

Ever heard Krayzie's "Thug On Da Line" album?  If you did, I think you'd know what I'm talking about.  No, it's not a new classic, but it was damn close.  And "Art of War" was mediocre, IMO...too long and full of filler, even though it did have some great tracks.

I just find it ironic how you threw that line out there just a few days ago and follow it up with this post. 

What about E. 1999 and Creepin on ah come up?  Thug on da line's as good as those two?  GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE.  Have I heard thug on da line??? Have you heard E. 1999 and Creepin? I hope your statement was out of ignorance, and you haven't heard these two albums cuz you look like a clown.

E. 1999 is certified CLASSIC.  Creepin is pretty much widely regarded as classic material, albeit an EP.  I could see how someone MIGHT place TODL over Art of War, but I sure as hell wouldn't.  To me, it shits all over it.  But you saying TODL is better than AOW isn't NEARLY as ridiculous as saying that ANY Bone solo touches their first two major releases.  That really does go down as some of the stupidest shit I've read on these boards, and thats saying something.

Sikotic™

Bizzy Bone's The Gift was the best Bone solo IMO. I'm curious to see the 3-6 & Dre combo with Bone.

Yup. Easily my favorite Bone solo. I was playin that record non stop for like 9 months.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE