Author Topic: how do you feel about...  (Read 527 times)

WestCoasta

how do you feel about...
« on: May 16, 2006, 03:33:42 PM »
religion being used in politics?

I think it's bullshit

if u can't teach religion in a public school, then you should not speak through religion and use law-making based on religion and try to push for votes based on your religious beliefs, and using religion instead of common sense

i.e. - abortion, gay marriage, abstinence

in my opinion it's an act against humanity to publicly use it

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: how do you feel about...
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 03:44:32 PM »
There are many factors that shape what our political beliefs are. You can't say you are not allowed to use this aspect or that aspect when determining a law, political view, etc. It's no diffrent then somebody shaping their political beliefs on moral grounds, intelicual grounds, etc. Religon is just such a part of who a lot of people are.

if u can't teach religion in a public school, then you should not speak through religion and use law-making based on religion and try to push for votes based on your religious beliefs, and using religion instead of common sense
Unfortuantly common sence has nothing to do with politics these days.

WestCoasta

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 03:51:58 PM »
I'm talking about people USING it

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 03:54:48 PM »

Doesn't that take away from the 1st amendment?

WestCoasta

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 04:04:56 PM »

Doesn't that take away from the 1st amendment?
let me use the gay marriage issue for this argument

so you're gonna tell me it's not against humanity to to TELL 2 people how to live their lives?

in politics there are people who believe that God did not want to have 2 people of the same sex exchange vows

first of all everyone might not believe how they do, and how come them saying it's wrong to do is the the law?

if these people are going to be spending time alone with each other, and more than likely LIVING together - where is it's someone's business to tell them that they CAN'T get legally married?  as if these people making the laws were somewhat "worried" about these other peoples living situations, they're the gay ones if u ask me

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 04:10:45 PM »

I think it's bullshit

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 04:22:32 PM »
so you're gonna tell me it's not against humanity to to TELL 2 people how to live their lives?
If it's a crime against humanity to tell people how to live their lives, then it's a crime against humanity to have governemnt.

let me use the gay marriage issue for this argument

in politics there are people who believe that God did not want to have 2 people of the same sex exchange vows

first of all everyone might not believe how they do, and how come them saying it's wrong to do is the the law?

if these people are going to be spending time alone with each other, and more than likely LIVING together - where is it's someone's business to tell them that they CAN'T get legally married? as if these people making the laws were somewhat "worried" about these other peoples living situations, they're the gay ones if u ask me
That's true. But are you saying that it is okay to have a political view as long as it isn't influenced by religon? But it's the same as someone who doesn't beiilive in gay marriage because that's how they were raised or because they were raped by another man. In the end everyone is entitled to their own opinion regardless of how they came about it.

J Bananas

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 04:23:50 PM »
All you really need to do is look at the nations that have the most religious influence on government and see how theyre livin. The whole middle east is at war 24/7. 3rd world nations who form any inkling of democracy around whatever kooky religion they got often never rise above killing infidels in the middle of their shitty ass little town. it may help ppl on an individual case, but religious views and laws applied to a democratic society always results in violent turmoil; or to the opposite, watered down religion  (like America)

J Bananas

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 04:24:25 PM »
If it's a crime against humanity to tell people how to live their lives, then it's a crime against humanity to have governemnt.

damn i like that

WestCoasta

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2006, 04:35:13 PM »
shit I'm not gonna say u don't have a point there, but we both know that if there was no govt (as shady as they can be) the world would be in shambles

That's true. But are you saying that it is okay to have a political view as long as it isn't influenced by religon? But it's the same as someone who doesn't beiilive in gay marriage because that's how they were raised or because they were raped by another man. In the end everyone is entitled to their own opinion regardless of how they came about it.
exactly, u just proved my point, if ur gonna use religion in THAT manner about the gay marriage laws, then why ARENT the gays and lesbians able to do if their opinion and belief is so validated?

I have a feeling ur taking this as a personal attack on religion, I'm just trying to prove that using religion in politics and pushing it to persuade votes and in some cases it IS taking away peoples rights

if someone wants an abortion, why can SOMEONE ELSE tell them they can't?
that's what some people wanna do, some people want to ban abortions.... and saying God doesn't want abortions because that's your belief is selfish as can be.... these weirdos for some reason want unwanted children in this world to bring more chaos with less morals

and I find it hilarious how most people who claim to live the religious way are complete dirtbags when it comes down to being a human being

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2006, 04:40:14 PM »
I agree with West Coast.  Bush uses "God" in sentences like its a fucking comma.  To many people, all a political leader has to do is say "God bless us all" and they will blindly support him because they have been fooled to believe it's the president's divine right.  Wasn't America supposedly founded by individuals who were persecuted for their religious beliefs?  

We supposedly have separation of church and state, but God's ass pops up everywhere within a legal / judicial system.  "In God we trust", "One Nation Under God" (I prefer One nation under a groove), legitimizing testimony by swearing on the bible.  It's all a way to prey on the ignorant.  

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2006, 04:43:13 PM »

I think it's bullshit

You can make strong arguements against abortion and gay marriage and in favor of abstinence without ever mentioning God or religion. Most people I know make sound, rational arguements regarding those issues without resorting to saying something like "because the Bible says so".

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2006, 04:48:31 PM »
shit I'm not gonna say u don't have a point there, but we both know that if there was no govt (as shady as they can be) the world would be in shambles
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. :P

exactly, u just proved my point, if ur gonna use religion in THAT manner about the gay marriage laws, then why ARENT the gays and lesbians able to do if their opinion and belief is so validated?
I'm not even argueing the issue of gay marrige (I'm undecided/indiffrent on the subject). I'm just saying religon is the same as any other bias.

if someone wants an abortion, why can SOMEONE ELSE tell them they can't?
that's what some people wanna do, some people want to ban abortions.... and saying God doesn't want abortions because that's your belief is selfish as can be.... these weirdos for some reason want unwanted children in this world to bring more chaos with less morals
Actually I think this issue has more to do with the overall aspect of murder (but religon does play its role).

WestCoasta

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2006, 04:49:08 PM »
It's all a way to prey on the ignorant.  

one time I saw a show on TV "Off to War" on one of the Discovery channels with a soldier who was visiting his mom from Iraq

they were watching a presidential debate between Bush and Kerry together at home

the soldier was sayin home dumb Bush is that first-hand he can say how meaningless the war is and that men are just dying overseas for nothing

and then his mother says when asked about Bush - "I voted for Bush... mainly because he shares most the same religious beliefs as I do."

so, great, you got a weirdo who's son was in Iraq and her own son tells her how terrible the whole situation is

and this bitch, probably too dumb to listen to actual debates regarding our well-being, chooses to vote for Bush even though she doesn't know what he's talking about.... talk about a smart person

victory - George Bush

Kassem

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2006, 06:01:58 PM »
i think its the people decision,if the majority of americans want gay marriages let them have it.in the middle east people will take koran as a constituation over any western law.its thier decision.
United Arab States