Author Topic: how do you feel about...  (Read 525 times)

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: how do you feel about...
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2006, 06:24:13 PM »

Regardless of where i stand on those topics you just mentioned and several others to, I don't believe that people have to leave their religious beliefs outside of politics, its what makes them, its part of their principles with someone who has been raised in a religious family then its a part of their moral makeup. For the record I am not religious, I have a belief in god but I don't follow any religious teachings I have my own opinions on what you mentioned. However to say that people should not have the right to bring their religious beliefs into politics is trampling all over free speech. I am sure there are many issues that I passionately disagree with you over and I am sure it is the same for many other people to but at the end of the day there are good people and there are those that are twisted or just downright foul people.

Besides which the religious side of things in american policics is all just a front, those are fake christians, my only point in favour of what you are saying is that people should think for themselves to, not simply quote from whichever passage in the bible they have heard or verse in the quaran they have read.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2006, 06:34:31 PM »

it's difficult to say that though isn't it someone with a religious upbringing their views will have been influenced by the teachings and by the experiences of church so naturally their religious beliefs will form an integral part of their moral beliefs

WestCoasta

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2006, 06:43:25 PM »
I said these people shouldn't exploit and use religion as a crutch when it IS NOT RELATED to some topics

I didn't say they didn't have the right, the right they are using is WRONG is what I am saying, and it isn't fair

I want someone to answer me without bringing up "free speech" which doesn't pertain to this
I'm talking about the issues I mentioned in the first post
all the examples I used of how it is wrong to include religion in some subjects that determine things for others is right

and is it just me or do people realize AMERICA is a country of diversity and different religions?  why are we representing only one?

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2006, 06:51:41 PM »

i see we are going to disagree on this and will probably make no headway but to a religious family, religion will play a part in all topics like i said someone who has raised around religion their moral values will have been greatly influenced by religion so regardless of what topic, it will have relevance to them is what im saying.

WestCoasta

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2006, 06:53:16 PM »
okay, so it doesn't matter if it's right or wrong

if your religious, go by the book, regardless how you as a person feel

yikes!

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2006, 06:56:16 PM »

i am saying that how someone feels will have been influenced by their surroundings if someone is brought up in a religious family then it will have influenced their feelings from a young age. I am not talking about drones i am talking about someone who has their own mind but whose feelings will be influenced by their religious beliefs. Plus its only right or wrong in your eyes and i am not going into it as we both understand the fundamentals of it but you mentioned religion well i am against abortion on most grounds but you are obviously arguing the opposite, contentious issues but its just how each individual sees the world.

However you could mention something like war, when in fact whilst its true that religious people can be fighting war in the name of god athiests can be just as bad and champion wars because they think they are a good thing. Basically i think religion is being made the scapegoat for a lot of ills. Look at your government look at my government they are the true danger not religion.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 07:01:41 PM by virtuoso »

WestCoasta

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2006, 07:08:38 PM »
well man, we'll definitely have to agree to disagree, that's for sure

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2006, 07:09:18 PM »

agreed  8)

Trauma-san

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2006, 11:20:55 PM »
There is a seperation of church and state, but that doesn't mean that nobody's allowed to practice religion.  The President's policies are shaped by his religion, just like YOURS are.  Your religion is that you worship yourself and don't believe in God.  Athiesm is a religion.  Every person has a religious aspect to their personality, and that helps shape their beliefs.

Also, the united states was founded as one nation, UNDER GOD.  Deal with it. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2006, 11:23:07 PM »
i think its the people decision,if the majority of americans want gay marriages let them have it.in the middle east people will take koran as a constituation over any western law.its thier decision.

We have a representative democracy, the president and congress are elected by the people to represent them.  The country isn't ran by polls, it's ran by representatives elected by the people. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2006, 11:26:06 PM »
okay, so it doesn't matter if it's right or wrong

if your religious, go by the book, regardless how you as a person feel

yikes!

You make decisions yourself based on YOUR religion.  You don't believe in God... so as you're putting it above, you want anything that has anything to do with God struck out of the country's politics. 

Whereas Bush is practicing what he preaches (Literally) and talking about tolerance to other religions, you're practicing your religion of not believing in God...and insisting that everyone act as you do.

LOL you're a fucking hypocrite.