Author Topic: Muslims have always made the best rappers...  (Read 3054 times)

ABN

Re: Muslims have always made the best rappers...
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2006, 05:22:48 AM »
dont forget about MC Ren :oi:  ...isnt chamillianre apart of islam as well?

but tryin to influence other people to listen to somebody because of their belifs is stupid.
Cham´s father is a muslim but Chamillionaire is a christian.

Eihtball

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2006, 06:11:38 AM »
check out Ice Cube, yep, Ice Cube is a Muslim, need I go on? 

No, he is not.  I thought so, too, but he just tagged along with the NOI.  He is not a Muslim.

Furthermore, the majority of the rappers you listed are from the Five-Percent Nation.  The Five-Percenters do not consider themselves Muslims, and they are not considered Muslims by the larger Muslim community.  Since you apparently want to fit in with black nationalist groups, I realize you would digress, but most Muslims would not agree with you, and neither do the Five-Percenters themselves.

And I also agree with all the people who say that your sole interest in these rappers is their religious affiliation.  Lupe Fiasco is dope, but it's ridiculous that you didn't give a shit about him until somebody told you he was a Muslim.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 06:14:47 AM by Tha Spirt Ov Allah Clarence 13Xtra Tha Fatha (Iz Active) »

Deeez Nuuuts

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2006, 06:13:29 AM »
i don't get how these rappers claim to be Muslum but then drink alcohol

Eihtball

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2006, 06:16:18 AM »
i don't get how these rappers claim to be Muslum but then drink alcohol

As I have explained, Five-Percenters are not Muslims.  The Five-Percenters believe that since every black man is a God (and every black woman is an Earth), they are not accountable to anyone but themselves.  This is why Nas drinks and smokes, as well as other rappers from the NGE.

Don Seer

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2006, 06:25:13 AM »

whats most funny about this post.. is that these arguments and the points about 5 percenters were made last time infinite posted his BS.. the fool doesnt listen, or learn.

Eihtball

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2006, 06:35:09 AM »
whats most funny about this post.. is that these arguments and the points about 5 percenters were made last time infinite posted his BS.. the fool doesnt listen, or learn.

Yeah, you don't say...I seem to recall telling him this before.  Maybe he just thinks he can fool people who aren't aware of those times...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2006, 06:54:43 AM »
Most rappers just abuse Islam for black militarism. If I was a devoted muslim Id hate that trait way more than christianity.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2006, 07:06:20 AM »
Is Common Sense muslim?

quite possibly... however good common is (one of my favourites) i'm not shallow, ignorant or bigoted enough to judge him based up on what religion he is. unlike infinite..

well me neither... i dont care about what culture of religion rappers is from... they just gotta be dope :P

and i thought i heard Common mention Muhammed a few times, so i thought ill ask :P

coola

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2006, 07:16:03 AM »
i thought tupac was your favourite rapper ? or do you hate him now ?

was that... a crucifix ?  :o

« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 07:21:28 AM by Chief »

Don Seer

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2006, 08:30:40 AM »
^ its ok because he's black...

btw "black jesus" too remember..

if they're not white, or not christian they're alright with infinite..

Word to Everything

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2006, 08:35:04 AM »
Mos Def is a better actor  ;)

youngmessnucca

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2006, 09:05:31 AM »
I dont get how alot of rappers rep Muslim but are all tatted up, smokin weed, selling dope & talking about performing acts of violence. Doesnt make sense. Some artists like this are MC Ren & The Jacka. Isnt that a big contradiction?

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2006, 09:07:14 AM »
it makes me sick when i know there is people like you who obviously dont listen to new music because of someones religion

ABN

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2006, 09:44:47 AM »
I dont get how alot of rappers rep Muslim but are all tatted up, smokin weed, selling dope & talking about performing acts of violence. Doesnt make sense. Some artists like this are MC Ren & The Jacka. Isnt that a big contradiction?
what about every tatted up,weed smoking,gun toating rapper that claims to be christian? it´s the same shit and everybody´s doin it coz unfortunately that´s what the majority of people wanna hear.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2006, 09:44:58 AM »

what religion DOES advocate those things? None. Theyre not reflective of faith but rather upbringing
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll