Author Topic: Top 5 worst Road Rage cities  (Read 322 times)

WestCoasta

Top 5 worst Road Rage cities
« on: May 17, 2006, 01:07:19 AM »

stressed Miami drivers speed, tailgate and cut off other drivers so frequently that the city earned the title of worst road rage in a survey released Tuesday.

AutoVantage, an automobile membership club offering travel services and roadside assistance, also listed Phoenix, New York, Los Angeles and Boston among the top five cities for rude driving.

Minneapolis, Nashville, St. Louis, Seattle and Atlanta were rated as the cities with the most courteous drivers, who were less likely to change lanes without signaling or swear at other motorists.

More than 2,000 adult drivers who regularly commute in 20 major metropolitan areas were asked to rate road rage and rude driving in telephone surveys between January and March. The survey conducted by Prince Market Research has a margin of error of plus or minus 2.2 percentage points.

Drivers owned up to some rude behavior themselves: Nearly all said they had talked on a cell phone while driving, and 64 percent acknowledged they occassionally drive too fast.

Young drivers and people with long commutes were found to be the most likely to react to an aggressive or rude driver. The top reactions included honking the horn, cursing or making an obscene gesture.

No distinct differences were found between male and female drivers.

"Human behavior is so involved with crashes at all levels," said Elly Martin, a spokeswoman for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. "(Aggressive driving) is a pattern of behavior drivers exhibit over and over."

AutoVantage, based in Norwalk, Conn., hopes to use the survey to educate people about how to resist road rage. Among its tips are remaining calm and not making eye contact with an angry driver.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Top 5 worst Road Rage cities
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 01:41:31 AM »
LOL...They should go to Israel.

coola

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 01:53:33 AM »
the worst, or best driving i ever seen in my life... was in Cairo... i wouldnt stand a chance, they dont believe in brakes or indicators, just the trusty horn..

QCDutch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • #1 llama!
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 06:13:53 AM »
I took a cab once in Italy to go from Rome to the airport, dude was doing 190 km/h, talking on a cell phone, drinking a coffee and he was honking the horn and yelling at other drivers and shit, that dude was crazy as hell

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 06:36:08 AM »
one of the craziest drivers i been with was a taxi driver picking us up at schipol airport in amsterdam to take us to our hostel, he was driving really fast and not looking where he was going, he kept going between lanes for no reason the guy was a nutter dunno how the fuck he was a taxi driver.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

coola

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 07:52:03 AM »
amsterdam

the guy was a nutter dunno how the fuck he was a taxi driver.

theres your solution  :)

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 09:35:16 AM »
Boston is definitely worse than L.A.... hands down!

I fuckin' hate driving in Boston.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2006, 09:52:19 AM »
one of the craziest drivers i been with was a taxi driver picking us up at schipol airport in amsterdam to take us to our hostel, he was driving really fast and not looking where he was going, he kept going between lanes for no reason the guy was a nutter dunno how the fuck he was a taxi driver.

Taxi drivers are known for being ruthless on the road...LOL

herpes

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2006, 10:10:06 AM »
Boston is definitely worse than L.A.... hands down!

I fuckin' hate driving in Boston.

I drove in boston once, and its not that there rude,they just have no clue what so ever, people just stop in the middle of the street. Pedestrians walkin into the street out of no where.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2006, 11:54:52 AM »
Pedestrians walkin into the street out of no where.

LMAO.

I didn't expect Phoenix to be up there though.

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2006, 05:30:07 PM »
it has to be LA i've experienced LA road rage first hand when i was trying to get outta the Six Flags parking lot after Fright Fest.  Some Mexican dude didn't let some Black dude cut in so the black dude decided to get down and punch the Mexican's window and started talking shit to one another and right when it was gonna go down, traffic started moving again and the black dude ran back to his car and took off lol  ;D
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

WestCoasta

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2006, 07:20:55 PM »
it has to be LA i've experienced LA road rage first hand when i was trying to get outta the Six Flags parking lot after Fright Fest.  Some Mexican dude didn't let some Black dude cut in so the black dude decided to get down and punch the Mexican's window and started talking shit to one another and right when it was gonna go down, traffic started moving again and the black dude ran back to his car and took off lol  ;D
lol there's been so many murders in that Six Flags lot over the years

reminds me, I gotta get to Six Flags for some coasters  ;D

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2006, 07:58:21 PM »
i seen that on TV it said Seattle where i live is like # 4 on the most courteous cities

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2006, 12:16:20 AM »
lol there's been so many murders in that Six Flags lot over the years

reminds me, I gotta get to Six Flags for some coasters  ;D

yeah man that's the real war zone lol. 

i'm heading to Six Flags in a couple of weeks to ride that new crazy ass ride
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

WestCoasta

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2006, 12:19:43 AM »
i'm heading to Six Flags in a couple of weeks to ride that new crazy ass ride
that's why I thought of going, I saw a commercial and it looks pretty tight  8)