Author Topic: "Never Lies"- Lupe Fiasco... dope song about how television destroys creativity  (Read 1452 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
I'm listening to it for the first time now, but he sounds like he's talking about people spending their whole lives watching TV.  They never actually live their own life, they just watch other people's lives on TV.  They never have their own voice, because they just repeat what they hear on TV.  They never have their own thoughts because the TV tells them what to think.  They go out and live their lives and they don't believe what they see unless it is verified by the TV. 

He's also talking about another subject and that's all the locks we put around ourselves and our lives.  Lupe raps "You buy that roof just to hide those stars".  That's the truth, if I ride through my old neighborhood today nobody is outside, all the kids are inside playing video games and watching TV. 

Also, people don't leave their homes because they are afraid of what is outside the home.  Most Americans don't have a passport.  And if they do ever travel, they just stay at those American hotels, they are afraid to be amongst the people.

It's like we are putting ourselves in artificial prisons.  It's time for us Americans to do what Malcolm X said, and begin understand the Oneness of God so that we can understand the Oneness of Man.  We need to follow Allah's advice from the Noble Qu'ran in which he tells us in Chapter Suratal Hujarat that we shouldn't despise people from other Nations and Backgrounds but that we should get to know eachother, and judge people according to piety and judge ourselves according to our nearness to God, and not place any artificial barriers between us.

Anyway, it's a dope song, and I was just sharing the thoughts that came to my mind listening to it the first time.  Peace ya'll-1-G-d
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

SlickPants

• Muthafuckin' Don!
great song, great album... can't wait for the real shit to drop

J Bananas

so are you trying to tell us about a song or push islam?

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
great song, great album... can't wait for the real shit to drop

word.. I'm going to be at the store to buy the real thing.  We have to support real lyricist's, because there are so few out there these days.  He's trying to be origional and push hip-hop to another level while most rappers are only interested in finding new ways to say the same old shit.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
We have to support real lyricist's, because there are so few out there these days.  He's trying to be origional and push hip-hop to another level while most rappers are only interested in finding new ways to say the same old shit.
LOL. You've non him for less then a week, and you are saying all this. Get off his dick.

Eihtball

LOL @ Infinite, already obsessed with some cat who he's been listening to for a week, all because he's a Muslim.

Although yeah, I agree "Never Lies" is dope, but it's mostly because of Mike Shinoda's production...that crazy electric guitar sample at the beginning and halfway through is really ill, like something right off the Fort Minor album.

xGlimpsex

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I. Will. Not. Lose.
Love this track. Can't wait to hear the whol thing.
Hip Hop: Live, Breathe, Sleep it.

coola

i havent heard it yet, is it off the album ?

it's good to hear rappers bringin a voice back into hip-hop.

what makes it even better, is a rapper like lupe fiasco is bringing important issues forward, he has a smooth and melodic flow, that he doesnt waste just for commercial appeal..

from the start lupe's been rappin songs like diamonds from sierra leone, hopefully he keeps them comin...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 08:54:11 PM by Chief »

Trauma-san

I don't like this track because I feel that the best rappers are Christian.  This guy is apparently Muslim, delegating him to second-rate status. 

WestCoasta

haha if "TV" was replaced with "Islam" on the track then it'd be the story of Infinite's life

Kassem

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
I don't like this track because I feel that the best rappers are Christian. This guy is apparently Muslim, delegating him to second-rate status.
your mama is second rate status
haha if "TV" was replaced with "Islam" on the track then it'd be the story of Infinite's life

and if tv is changed with hating on infinite and islam thats most dubccers life story
United Arab States

coola

:o

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
I like him because he's muslim.

J Bananas

I don't like this track because I feel that the best rappers are Christian. This guy is apparently Muslim, delegating him to second-rate status.
your mama is second rate status

and if tv is changed with hating on infinite and islam thats most dubccers life story

dont get mad now just cuz your religion sucks, get mad at yourself for following that religion. and channel that raw anger into the motivation to change your life. I'll work with you, I just want to help.

WestCoasta

:o

I'm listening to it for the first time now, but he sounds like he's talking about people spending their whole lives watching Islam. They never have their own voice, because they just repeat what they hear from Islam. They never have their own thoughts because the Islam tells them what to think.  They go out and live their lives and they don't believe what they see unless it is verified by Islam

am I right or what :D