Author Topic: Black Christians have always made the best rappers.  (Read 1852 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Black Christians have always made the best rappers.
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2006, 03:26:57 PM »
June 1996, New York City, Vibe Magazine

VIBE: What religion are you?

TUPAC: I'm the religion that to me is the realist religion there is. I try to pray to God every night unless I pass out. I learned this in jail, I talked to every God (member of the Five Percent Nation) there was in jail. I think that if you take one of the "O's" out of "Good" it's "God", if you add a "D" to "Evil", it's the "Devil". I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers. That's what they came up with-the bible. Cause if God wrote the bible, I'm sure there would have been a revised copy by now. Cause a lot of shit has changed. I've been looking for this revised copy-I still see that same old copy that we had from then. I'm not disrespecting anyone's religion, please forgive me if it comes off that way, I'm just stating my opinion. The bible tells us that all these did this because they suffered so much that's what makes them special people. I got shot five times and I got crucified to the media. And I walked through with the thorns on and I had shit thrown on me and I had the theif at the top; I told that nigga "I'll be back for you. Trust me, is not supposed to be going down, I'll be back. I'm not saying I'm Jesus but I'm saying we go through that type of thing everyday. We don't part the Red Sea but we walk through the hood without getting shot. We don't turn water to wine but we turn dope fiends and dope heads into productive citizens of society. We turn words into money. What greater gift can there be. So I belive God blesses us, I belive God blesses those that hustle. Those that use their minds and those that overall are righteous. I belive that everything you do bad comes back to you. So everything that I do that's bad, I'm going to suffer for it. But in my heart, I belive what I'm doing in my heart is right. So I feel like I'm going to heaven. I think heaven is just when you sleep, you sleep with a good conscience-you don't have nightmares. Hell is when you sleep, the last thing you see is all the fucked up things you did in your life and you just see it over and over again, cause you don't burn. If that's the case, it's hell on earth cause bullets burn. There's people that got burned in fires, does that mean they went to hell already? All that is here. What do you got there that we ain't seen here? What, we're gonna walk around aimlessly like zombies? That's here! You ain't been on the streets lately? Heaven now, look! (reffering to his plush apartment) we're sitting up here in the living room-big screen TV- this is heaven, for the moment. Hell is jail I seen that one. Trust me, this is what's real. And all that other shit is to control you. If the churches took half the money that they was making and gave it back to the community, we'd be alright. If they took half the buildings that they use to "praise God" and gave it to motherfukers who need God, we'd be alright. Have you seen some of these got damn churches lately? There's one's that take up the whole block in New York. There's homeless people out here. Why ain't God lettin' them stay there? Why these niggas got gold ceilings and shit? Why God need gold ceilings to talk to me? Why does God need colored windows to talk to me? Why God can't come where I'm at where he sent me? If God wanted to talk to me in a pretty spot like that, why the hell he send me here then. That makes ghetto kids not belive in God. Why? So that's wrong religion-I belive in God, I belive God puts us where ever we want to be at. They didn't make sense that God would put us in the ghetto. That means he wants us to work hard to get up out of here. That means he's testing us even more. That makes sense that if you're good in your heart, you're closer to God but if you're evil than your closer to the devil; that makes sense! I see that everyday all that other spooky shit, don't make sense. I don't even belive, I'm not dissin' them but I don't belive in the brothers, I've been in jail with 'em and having conversations with brothers; "I'm God, I'm God." You God, open the gate for me. You know far the sun is and how far the moon is, how the hell do I pop this fuckin' gate? And get me free and up outta here. Then I'll be a Five Percenter for life.

^^ Props.  That's the same article I quoted from.  Those definitely don't sound like the words of someone promoting Christianity.
LOL. Does he not say he beilives in God? He is just critizing the some of the institutes of religon. Dumbass. You still havent disproved the fact that 2Pac=Christain. Try again. :P

Trauma-san

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2006, 04:49:58 PM »
You'd have to be a fuckin' idiot to not see that Tupac believed in Christ, look at... oh... his music, his image, his album covers, his album titles, his tattoos, etc.

The Watcher

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2006, 05:32:46 PM »
everyone knows that the best rapper is white
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2006, 07:50:10 PM »
fat chicks give the best head    :P
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2006, 08:37:42 PM »
lil waynes not white

Eihtball

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2006, 08:51:58 PM »
lil waynes not white

Or the best rapper.

Elevz

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2006, 02:22:06 AM »
^^ Props.  That's the same article I quoted from.  Those definitely don't sound like the words of someone promoting Christianity.

Pac didn't say he was promoting Christianity, he was just sharing his views. All he said was that he does believe in God, although he feels like the Bible isn't really the word of God. What's so hard to understand about that?

Shakur was his last name - that's something you're born with. The name Tupac Amaru is a reference to a 18th century revolutionary. Now where's the Muslim references in that?

Now, just for criticising the blind followers of the bible, you say 2Pac wasn't a Christian? You, young man, are a fool. :D

I'm actually shocked this did turn into a discussion after Infinite joined the topic... This is insanity.

Sikotic™

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2006, 02:50:28 AM »

Pac didn't say he was promoting Christianity, he was just sharing his views. All he said was that he does believe in God, although he feels like the Bible isn't really the word of God. What's so hard to understand about that?

Shakur was his last name - that's something you're born with. The name Tupac Amaru is a reference to a 18th century revolutionary. Now where's the Muslim references in that?

Now, just for criticising the blind followers of the bible, you say 2Pac wasn't a Christian? You, young man, are a fool. :D

I'm actually shocked this did turn into a discussion after Infinite joined the topic... This is insanity.

On point
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

mauzip

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2006, 03:20:58 AM »

Thanks. :-*

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2006, 06:06:52 AM »

Belief in God does not make someone a Christian.  Actually, belief in God alone makes someone a Muslim.  It's belief in the divinity of Jesus that makes someone a Christian. 

Amaru is also a Muslim name.  "Amar" is the Arabic word for commander.

Look, 2pac straight up said above that the Bible was made up.  It's quoted above so everyone can read it.  He said the Bible was something "some cool mutherfuckers came up with to control people."  Now, if you still want to call him a Christian after he described the Bible as a book that's made up, then go ahead.

...btw, I'm not saying 2pac was a Muslim.  He wasn't.  However, I am asking for a statement or quote from him that proves he was a Christian.  Where is your proof? 

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Mygla

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2006, 07:36:08 AM »
Actually, belief in God alone makes someone a Muslim. 

or Jewish

Throwback

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2006, 07:41:49 AM »
LMFAO @ THIS THREAD!!

you are all retarded.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2006, 10:19:27 AM »

Amaru is also a Muslim name.  "Amar" is the Arabic word for commander.
Wrong. 2Pac was named after Túpac Amaru II. So don't assume every word is Arabic.

Look, 2pac straight up said above that the Bible was made up.  It's quoted above so everyone can read it.  He said the Bible was something "some cool mutherfuckers came up with to control people."  Now, if you still want to call him a Christian after he described the Bible as a book that's made up, then go ahead.

...btw, I'm not saying 2pac was a Muslim.  He wasn't.  However, I am asking for a statement or quote from him that proves he was a Christian.  Where is your proof? 
Have you ever seen a picture of 2Pac? Because he has these things on his body called tattoos. Here's what a few of them are... He has a cross on his shoulder with the words "Only God can judge me". He has a huge cross on his back with "Exodus 18:11" tattooed in it. Exodus 18:11 states "Now I know that Lord is the greatest of all deities. Through their very plots, He rose above them."
End of Discussion.

"I feel like Black Jesus got his hands on me and guides me through life to put me where I'm supposed to be..." -2Pac Shakur

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2006, 11:40:59 AM »
Infinite and Trauma making these threads is dumb as it is... but the fact that you morons are taking this shit serious and trying to argue this bullshit is fuckin retarded.

my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2006, 11:54:28 AM »
lil waynes not white

Or the best rapper.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

+1