Author Topic: Is Akon the new Eastcoast Nate Dogg?  (Read 4096 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: Is Akon the new Eastcoast Nate Dogg?
« Reply #105 on: June 01, 2006, 02:01:19 AM »
lol titty boy would know the songs Mc Donald's used in their ads a while ago...lol

but on there real all i got to say is this....

give akon 5 years if he's relevant and still all over the radio, sgv was right , he's more than a pop/disposable artist

but i'm sticking with my guns here in 5-6 year akon will not be relevant , he'll probably still be releasing albums but unless he starts an acting career or something i don't see him being relevant in music

::yawns @ every song and 'street anthem on "trouble" slaps on some classic soul music and throws a middle finger to the radio::

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Funkstradamus

« Reply #106 on: June 01, 2006, 05:50:46 AM »
he has a lot of work to do to live up to the name of "The Nate Dogg of the East"
real talk right here...

SGV

« Reply #107 on: June 01, 2006, 12:24:51 PM »
lol titty boy would know the songs Mc Donald's used in their ads a while ago...lol

but on there real all i got to say is this....

give akon 5 years if he's relevant and still all over the radio, sgv was right , he's more than a pop/disposable artist

but i'm sticking with my guns here in 5-6 year akon will not be relevant , he'll probably still be releasing albums but unless he starts an acting career or something i don't see him being relevant in music

::yawns @ every song and 'street anthem on "trouble" slaps on some classic soul music and throws a middle finger to the radio::

So as I expected, you had nothing to say to his street tracks... All you can do is throw random insults because you have no case. LOL @ Jake The Big Mac Queen right here.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #108 on: June 02, 2006, 01:42:57 AM »
what's your obsession with mc donald's tit master delux? are you THAT hungry all the time?

what'd you want me to do? lol do you want an in depth review of his lame album

artist: akon
album: trouble

1. locked up- 2.5/5- annoying radio single , that sounds dated when listening back on it, tries to be dramatic, but falls short, gets boring, beat sounds like something off a whack g unit song
2. trouble- 2/5- skippable song, whack begining, tedious meat of the song and hook gets old quick, sounds like i've heard this song before a couple million times, weird beat
3. bananza- 2/5- one of those songs that those slutty 'club' girls listen to , whack hook, forgettable song, anoying beat again that reminds me of one of those songs that a fat 'party' gril would lsiten to drunk and like
4. gangsa-1.5/5- wow again an anoying song that sounds dated when listening back on it, again why have i heard this song some where else a million times over? average beat at best, song is too long
5. ghetto- 3/5- not that great of an 'anthm' , dated sound and overdone subject matter, the beat is very simplistic and not that catchy and very uninspired
6. pot of gold-2/5- one of those songs you hear the first couple of seconds and skip, listening through it is like work, the subject matter is blah, and the hook is real poppy n'syn-ish even, beat is very simplistic and doesn't even acclompish in being catchy
7. show out-2/5- this song is ok at first but when listening to the hook over and over again it gets old quick, again , you can almost picture yourself in the car with a girl going to a club or party 2 years ago and maybe feeling it a lttle bit but , to enoy it now you'd need some good weed, beat is ok but too snthasized
8. lonely-2.5/5- wow another cheese fest , very simple uninspired beat , and the hook gets old quik
9. when the times right-1.5/5- this song is jsut too unnatural, the emotion he tries to covey here sounds too forced
10. journey-2/5- a song that you can't wait for it to be over, again another song that is too long for the quality it is, very tedious. and damn it akon ,again,  why have i hread this song done before, but better? beat is very weird too , the drumline doesn't really match the spee of the other stuff going on in the beat IMO i can't put my finger on it but it's weird
11. don't let up- 2.5/5another song that is very tedious to listen to, cheesy beat , again i'm reapeating myself here but the hook gets old quick 
12. easy road- 3/5- one of the better songs on the album, the beat is done better, there is some catchiness to it, and unlike 98% of the rest of the album the beat isn't THAT dated, not yet, at least.  voice is still annoying but at least i havn't heard these lyrics 2 million times before from someone else who did it better.

overall

the street songs , although you can tell he tires , you can't help but think , wow i've heard this story before....i wouldn't care if he chose to sing about the streets and the shit that goes on, but he doesn't make anytrack his own, the topics sound very broad...almost any white suburban kid could tell this story from listening to old rap records, tell us something new, i KNOW there's stuff that goes on in the street that HASN"T been touched yet.....most of the street anthems go up the easy route , and become a self paradoy of the genre

all of the club songs on this album fall short of being smash hits, and get old very quickly, the have that dated keyboard sound from 2-3 years ago

most of the soulful tracks here , where akon goes out on a limb to find himself, sounds ...forced and overdone, very cliched topics , no real personality to the tracks....which wouldn't be as bad if he made these songs his OWN, instead they sound ameturish like he's imitating keith sweat or  ginuwine which makes you think wow i've heard this done before

sexual songs- this is what really hold this album back. maybe i'm just spoiled from listening to jodeci all my life and growing up with marvin gaye and all the classics from the 60's and 70's but i almost want to laugh at how hard akon tries to 'allure' or set the mood, these sogns would make my dick softer than yogurt if a girl played this to set the mood

« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 01:44:37 AM by Don Jacob »

mauzip

« Reply #109 on: June 02, 2006, 05:03:25 AM »
what's your obsession with mc donald's tit master delux? are you THAT hungry all the time?

1. locked up- 2.5/5- annoying radio single , that sounds dated when listening back on it, tries to be dramatic, but falls short, gets boring, beat sounds like something off a whack g unit song
2. trouble- 2/5- skippable song, whack begining, tedious meat of the song and hook gets old quick, sounds like i've heard this song before a couple million times, weird beat
3. bananza- 2/5- one of those songs that those slutty 'club' girls listen to , whack hook, forgettable song, anoying beat again that reminds me of one of those songs that a fat 'party' gril would lsiten to drunk and like
4. gangsa-1.5/5- wow again an anoying song that sounds dated when listening back on it, again why have i heard this song some where else a million times over? average beat at best, song is too long
5. ghetto- 3/5- not that great of an 'anthm' , dated sound and overdone subject matter, the beat is very simplistic and not that catchy and very uninspired
6. pot of gold-2/5- one of those songs you hear the first couple of seconds and skip, listening through it is like work, the subject matter is blah, and the hook is real poppy n'syn-ish even, beat is very simplistic and doesn't even acclompish in being catchy
7. show out-2/5- this song is ok at first but when listening to the hook over and over again it gets old quick, again , you can almost picture yourself in the car with a girl going to a club or party 2 years ago and maybe feeling it a lttle bit but , to enoy it now you'd need some good weed, beat is ok but too snthasized
8. lonely-2.5/5- wow another cheese fest , very simple uninspired beat , and the hook gets old quik
9. when the times right-1.5/5- this song is jsut too unnatural, the emotion he tries to covey here sounds too forced
10. journey-2/5- a song that you can't wait for it to be over, again another song that is too long for the quality it is, very tedious. and damn it akon ,again,  why have i hread this song done before, but better? beat is very weird too , the drumline doesn't really match the spee of the other stuff going on in the beat IMO i can't put my finger on it but it's weird
11. don't let up- 2.5/5another song that is very tedious to listen to, cheesy beat , again i'm reapeating myself here but the hook gets old quick 
12. easy road- 3/5- one of the better songs on the album, the beat is done better, there is some catchiness to it, and unlike 98% of the rest of the album the beat isn't THAT dated, not yet, at least.  voice is still annoying but at least i havn't heard these lyrics 2 million times before from someone else who did it better.

overall

the street songs , although you can tell he tires , you can't help but think , wow i've heard this story before....i wouldn't care if he chose to sing about the streets and the shit that goes on, but he doesn't make anytrack his own, the topics sound very broad...almost any white suburban kid could tell this story from listening to old rap records, tell us something new, i KNOW there's stuff that goes on in the street that HASN"T been touched yet.....most of the street anthems go up the easy route , and become a self paradoy of the genre

all of the club songs on this album fall short of being smash hits, and get old very quickly, the have that dated keyboard sound from 2-3 years ago

most of the soulful tracks here , where akon goes out on a limb to find himself, sounds ...forced and overdone, very cliched topics , no real personality to the tracks....which wouldn't be as bad if he made these songs his OWN, instead they sound ameturish like he's imitating keith sweat or  ginuwine which makes you think wow i've heard this done before

sexual songs- this is what really hold this album back. maybe i'm just spoiled from listening to jodeci all my life and growing up with marvin gaye and all the classics from the 60's and 70's but i almost want to laugh at how hard akon tries to 'allure' or set the mood, these sogns would make my dick softer than yogurt if a girl played this to set the mood

You are crazy for that rating. I can see why you give Lonely 2.5/5, but Ghetto 3/5?? Whatever it is you're using, I want it!

SGV

« Reply #110 on: June 02, 2006, 07:11:13 PM »
I don't have an obsession with McDonalds. Matter of fact, I can't stand that place. I still laugh at the fact that you're making a career out McDonalds though. Got promoted to Shift Leader and shit and now you think you're banking in money. LMAO @ Your predictable hate-filled review. It's all good. You're still dodging the fact that you can't call his street tracks Pop. Which is what it's about, not about your uneducated opinion on dudes album.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #111 on: June 02, 2006, 08:53:12 PM »
I don't have an obsession with McDonalds. Matter of fact, I can't stand that place. I still laugh at the fact that you're making a career out McDonalds though. Got promoted to Shift Leader and shit and now you think you're banking in money. LMAO @ Your predictable hate-filled review. It's all good. You're still dodging the fact that you can't call his street tracks Pop. Which is what it's about, not about your uneducated opinion on dudes album.

there ya go again tit-a-saurus, talking about mc donald's again, hungry? if you don't like mc donald's i KNOW FOR A FACT you're loving some fast food resturant, i bet you could feed a v illage in india with one chesticle ,lol. u give pam anderson a run for her money with those speed bags. i left mc donald's a long while ago,lol i make over 20 dollars an hour running the electronics department and music and movies department at target , arn't you the one who's a janitor at a hospitol? "titty boy we need you to clean up mr. johnson's bed sheets he just squirted a gallon of shit everywhere"

-i'll still say it, akon is pop that all he is worth, he using preconceived formuals to sell his album, that's what n'sync and backstreet boys did....i refuse to call him a street artist who like NIK said is only really known by casual music fans as that guy who sang lonely  :-* extreme were a metal band from the 80's but what song are they known for?? "more than words'...pop  :P

-i know YOU"RE not calling me uneducated about music,lol . go get your lil jon and lil wayne cd's you overgrown lil boy, i'll school you on music son
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 08:58:13 PM by Don Jacob »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #112 on: June 02, 2006, 08:59:11 PM »

overall

Whatever it is you're using, I want it!

huh?

SGV

« Reply #113 on: June 03, 2006, 03:20:49 AM »
Awww Jakey... You said you supervise magazine racks and read Teeny Mags. LOL. Now you make 20 dollars an hour. Riiiight. No one believes you. LOL @ You being so mad that you can't show a real fact on why this fact is "Pop," so you resort to cheesy bags, but continue to make yourself look stupid.

I'll grab my Lil Wayne CD and bump it proudly. Carter and Carter 2 are some great albums, any HIP HOP HEAD will tell you that (Unless you read otherwise in the Teen Mags???)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #114 on: June 03, 2006, 12:36:25 PM »
you resort to cheesy bags, but continue to make yourself look stupid.

ha hypocrit ,lol

i'd rather be supervising the placement of teen magazine than cleaning up hiv patients bowl movements

again go listen to your crappy ass music titzar
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 12:41:12 PM by Don Jacob »

herpes

« Reply #115 on: June 03, 2006, 01:16:09 PM »
yo jake you already lost this argument... not b/c of sgv stating facts b/c a lot of this argument is opinion anyways.  But you had to resort to petty personal insults.  Insults that arent even funny in the first place.  And you still havnt said how the songs sgv posted are poppy.

SGV

« Reply #116 on: June 04, 2006, 07:11:30 AM »
Jake loves making stuff up: I was a janitor (By the way, it's not "bowl" movements smart guy, that would be bowel movements. If you're going to clown, clown correctly). Akon is pop. But he can never back any of it up. Now, see me, I use facts... Not cheesy bags. You did/do work at McDonalds. You did say you supervise magazine racks. You look dumb, once again.

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #117 on: June 04, 2006, 09:15:30 AM »
i think that akon is better than nate. nate is old and stale, akon is like a breath of fresh air plus he can make the craziest beats, can nate do that?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #118 on: June 04, 2006, 09:46:21 PM »
But you had to resort to petty personal insults.  Insults that arent even funny in the first place.  And you still havnt said how the songs sgv posted are poppy.

1. sgv threw the first personal jab
2. i didn't know i was suppose to be entertaining people, sgv has man boobs and (correct me if i'm wrong sgv) but i remeber him saying he worked as some kind of janitor at a hospital
3.Akon is pop artist:

4. EVERY song on his album is a recycled formula for mainstream attentention, there's no "soul" or personality to most of this album....weather it be akon's or the producers' fault it doesn't matter. every song on this album you can pin point ANOTHER successful single from the past. bands like n'sync to backstreet boys use this formula and it doesn't end with bubble gum pop in the 80's hair metal bands used this formula , and in the 70's many disco and 'soul' singers did this. and ect. you don't have to be justin timberlake to be POP.  that is what's called standard POP formula.....that's why Michael , Madonna, and Prince are considered Pop icons because they go outside of this standard and set up their own standards. akon though, all he proved on his album is that he can make lesser version of songs that Jodeci, Boyz II Men, (i hate to mention him) TQ, Ginuwine, and other RandB cats already did . that is a POP standard....name ONE story on akon's album that hasn't already been told . If he's as street as you and sgv say he is he'd be singing about the other stuff that goes on in the street...like i said before there's TONS of stuff that goes on in the street that goes untold,that's why pac was seen as so great. but  again like i said every street story told on akon's album is so watered down that i can see a 18 year old suburban white kid writing that song.  It is so blatantly obvious that the sole purpose of "trouble" was to sell records and to disappear years later. i will restate what i've been saying in this thread. what has akon done to increase the musical integrity of hip hop and r&B ? nothing.....yeah he can sing but so can clay aiken , until he shows me something outstanding or writes some jams that will mean something 15 years down, he's nothing but a pop artist who puts out songs that have been done before.

i've heard TQ and Tyrese do songs like locked up but done better, pop
i've heard bobby brown do songs like trouble,pop
i've heard post "r. " r. kelly singles like belly dancer, POP
i've heard puffy affiliated tracks like gangsta,POP
who HAVN"T i heard do a song like ghetto, POP
pot of gold seems like a cheap john legend/d'angelo knock,POP
show out , sounds like every other forgetable song on the radio, that choppy synth guitar  :P,POP
lonely...hey lets play the puffy card here again  :laugh:,POP
again i hear this type of song on the radio ALL the time,POP
max martin would be PROUD that people still feel the need to make this sound ( FYI max martin crafted all those songs by britney, n'sync and backstreet),pop
if kanye got together with max martin ...this would be the product, Pop
easy road- again , sounds like one of those r kelly songs post "i beleive i can fly", i've HEAD THIS SONG BEFORE! it was a pop single by R Kelly 2 years ago...., POP

i gave you a prelude to why akon is a pop artist, then went down the line of every song and why it's pop

some sound like it
some act like it
some TRY to be it
all embody it

but at the end of the day akon's music is an attempt to sound like everything else . i don't mind artists coming out with a pop single or hell even converting to a more accessible sound to co hear with a bigger audience, as long as their albums are done with taste, personality, and of corse talent.  but when you make music taht's already been done, it's following down the path of the POP standard , nelly talks about the same subject matter basically and you wouldn't hesitate to call him a pop rapper would you? akon =pop singer

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #119 on: June 04, 2006, 09:59:45 PM »
Jake loves making stuff up: I was a janitor (By the way, it's not "bowl" movements smart guy, that would be bowel movements. If you're going to clown, clown correctly). Akon is pop. But he can never back any of it up. Now, see me, I use facts... Not cheesy bags. You did/do work at McDonalds. You did say you supervise magazine racks. You look dumb, once again.

1. then what do you do. where did you use to work  :loopaper:
2. oh god i misspelled a word holy crap   :tosser:
3. u don't use cheesy bags? ha reread the last two pages of this thread :loser:
4. yeah i use to work at mc donald's after the record store i worked at went out of business i went to mc donald's in highschool and worked , got promoted and left when i got my 1 year of customer service and managing experience. went to target where i used to that to start at a $17 dollar an hour team lead posision , then after 6 months got promoted to my own department where i make over 20 dollars an hour, the indepths of my job are to recruit workers to work in my department electronics/entertainment where i have 7 team members, that i schedule to work back there with me, i also get to decide what music/movies to put/leave out after the 1.5 months of it being released, supervise what and where other products are put on the floor in my department (i.e magazines  :D ), and supervise the signing and labling of the products... after i get my BS in Business Administrations i'll probably be working for an accounting firm where after a few years only doctors and lawyers will be making more than me  8).....again what do you do?

5. i look dumb? ok that's fine, at least i don't look like you , tell me sgv if i squeezed your breasts what percent milk would come out? 1, 2, half  and half, whole ? wait nevermind i know the answer to this i'd probably get yogurt