Author Topic: Is Akon the new Eastcoast Nate Dogg?  (Read 4100 times)

WestCoasta

Re: Is Akon the new Eastcoast Nate Dogg?
« Reply #135 on: June 05, 2006, 04:43:26 PM »
Butch might not be as big as Akon, but he still sounds a lot better...
oh I agree

Tha_Blaq_Sinattra

« Reply #136 on: June 05, 2006, 07:50:28 PM »
yeah butch and nate are the only 2 who can make songs a succes with just a single hook, nobody touching them, and certainly not akon, his voice is irritating... :-X
name the last hit butch has been on (i said hit)

Butch got some joints. The ones with Tha Eastsiders, the ones with Westside connection, "We can freak it" with kurrupt. But I agree Butch, Kokane and Bo Rocc need to step their game up, cuz they all got talent.

www.myspace.com/thablaqsinattra

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #137 on: June 05, 2006, 08:05:50 PM »
yeah butch and nate are the only 2 who can make songs a succes with just a single hook, nobody touching them, and certainly not akon, his voice is irritating... :-X
name the last hit butch has been on (i said hit)

Butch got some joints. The ones with Tha Eastsiders, the ones with Westside connection, "We can freak it" with kurrupt. But I agree Butch, Kokane and Bo Rocc need to step their game up, cuz they all got talent.

but were they hits?

Tha_Blaq_Sinattra

« Reply #138 on: June 05, 2006, 10:04:44 PM »
We can freak it was'nt a hit? and with Tha Eastsiders and Westside Connection you could say he helped the overall sales of those albums.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #139 on: June 05, 2006, 10:17:52 PM »
Butch has some hits..."Lay Low" as well, and Sly Boogy's biggest hit was "California", which had Butch on the hook...He's not big or anything, but he's got a really laid back style I can definitely feel...PeACe

WeSTSidE_Don

« Reply #140 on: June 05, 2006, 10:32:17 PM »
dude
honestly this board perfers the westcoast why because this is a westcoast connection board..me personally i gotta say akon nate is a legend dont get me wrong but hes not as good as he use to be...akon is much better these days..and if u guys disagree then 213's album is classic..the west is dead...ras kass and crooked I should move to the east then they'll blow hahahaha peace

SGV

« Reply #141 on: June 05, 2006, 10:52:46 PM »
Akon is Pop but the fact remains for every "Pop" Hook/Track he has at least 5-6 Street Hooks/Tracks. If he's Pop, then so is Yukmouth, Bun B, Royce Da 5'9 etc. Of course, when you're a moron, you can't tell the difference between a Frankie J and an Akon.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #142 on: June 05, 2006, 11:13:54 PM »
Akon is Pop but the fact remains for every "Pop" Hook/Track he has at least 5-6 Street Hooks/Tracks. If he's Pop, then so is Yukmouth, Bun B, Royce Da 5'9 etc. Of course, when you're a moron, you can't tell the difference between a Frankie J and an Akon.

When youre a moron, you cant tell the difference between Royce Da 5-9 and Akon.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #143 on: June 05, 2006, 11:22:44 PM »
kokane makes better hooks then akon, but not very many ppl know about him.

SGV

« Reply #144 on: June 05, 2006, 11:23:18 PM »
"Lonely" -> "Locked Up" "Gangsta" "Trouble" "Can You Believe It" "Hustlers Story"
"Baby I'm Back" -> "Soul Survivor" "Snitch" "Ghetto Story Remix" "New Message"

Common sense. The differences in the styles of music are evident: Hip Hop to R&B, yet, they have the same approach. Street Music with some Club ready/Radio friendly joints on deck to satisfy everyone. Once again, you're a moron.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #145 on: June 06, 2006, 10:13:16 AM »
"Lonely" -> "Locked Up" "Gangsta" "Trouble" "Can You Believe It" "Hustlers Story"
"Baby I'm Back" -> "Soul Survivor" "Snitch" "Ghetto Story Remix" "New Message"

Common sense. The differences in the styles of music are evident: Hip Hop to R&B, yet, they have the same approach. Street Music with some Club ready/Radio friendly joints on deck to satisfy everyone. Once again, you're a moron.

You're just too dumb to get it. His WHOLE album sounds formulated and synthetic. He's a pop artist. You're just mad because you like him and it makes you feel bad that your taste really is pop...Go to allmusic.com and type his name if you have trouble understanding that your favorite singer is pop. Also, type in Nate Dogg and see if they list pop as one of his genres...End of discussion, anything past this is you trying to make yourself feel better when bumping Akon...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #146 on: June 06, 2006, 10:15:51 AM »
kokane makes better hooks then akon, but not very many ppl know about him.

I agree, but I think a lot of people know of Kokane on here...It was almost impossible to know Snoop Dogg and not know him around the time "Tha Last Meal" dropped...

SGV

« Reply #147 on: June 06, 2006, 10:29:30 AM »
Simply put you can't respond to the fact that he makes street music so you state your opinion, which is nowhere near a fact, that he's  Pop. Fact is he makes more street tracks than Pop and facts don't lie. Only morons lie... Which is what you usually do.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #148 on: June 06, 2006, 10:36:47 AM »
Simply put you can't respond to the fact that he makes street music so you state your opinion, which is nowhere near a fact, that he's  Pop. Fact is he makes more street tracks than Pop and facts don't lie. Only morons lie... Which is what you usually do.

I didn't respond to the fact that he makes street music? Dude, you're a fucking idiot who doesn't read anything...I already said, making street tracks doesn't mean shit. I already pointed out Sisqo, who I'd compare to Akon. Christina Aguilera and J-Lo could make street tracks if they wanted to. Ja Rule was all about street tracks, and he was one of the the biggest pop-rap acts ever. You're just too dumb to get anything...ANYONE can make street tracks if they wanted, Akon is a pop artist...I proved it with evidence, allmusic doesn't lie to make people feel better about what they listen to...PeACe

SGV

« Reply #149 on: June 06, 2006, 12:29:59 PM »
I thought it was "End Of Discussion"???

You obviously didn't prove shit cuz you're still at it. Talk about dumb. So someone can make 5 Street tracks for every 1 Pop track and still be considered Pop? So you're saying a dude like Jadakiss would be Pop? Yukmouth? Royce Da 5'9? They all make a majority of Street music, but still have their Pop tracks.

*expected NIK response*

Dude you're fuckin' dumb...you're too retarded...i can't prove my point so I'm just going to call you dumb and retarded cuz thats what I do best...i know that Akon makes a majority of street music...but i hate him so much that i want to consider him pop...leave me alone... PeACe  8)

Btw,

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&token=&sql=11:nw5e8qppbtb4

Genre R&B

Contemporary R&B
Urban
Pop-Rap (They also consider Biggie & BDK apart of this style)

So since Allmusic says Akon is apart of Pop-Rap, he's a Pop artist. You're saying BDK, a Hip Hop legend, is a Pop artist too? Let's hope not. Think twice about who the real moron is.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 12:35:09 PM by SGV »