Author Topic: Is Akon the new Eastcoast Nate Dogg?  (Read 4098 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Is Akon the new Eastcoast Nate Dogg?
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2006, 03:25:21 PM »
What point? The point is that Nate Dogg really hasn't had anything hot in a while. Nate Dogg is a better singer? Dude has no range. Ever seen him live? He lip sync's. Dude can't even really sing. Their subject matter probably ain't that different. LMAO @ I Just Love Pop. Yes, cuz songs like Locked Up, Soul Survivor, Ghetto, Trouble, Gangsta, Snitch etc. are Pop. LMAO @ That wack ass defense.

Tracks like Shake That Ass, Have A Party, I Like That, Area Codes, 21 Questions etc. are just as Pop. SORRY!

It's not defense, Akon's style is a lot more pop, and anyone who doesn't see that is fucking retarded. But then again, I am dealing with you. Nate Dogg sounds better on tracks. The End. Also LOL@Nate Dogg has no range. I've heard him go from high pitch to low pitch, from smooth shit to rugged shit...Akon is just another pop act, nobody's gunna know him in 5 years from now. You love pop...SoRRy.

PiLL CliNtOn

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2006, 04:38:43 PM »
nate dogg>>>>>>>akon
CURRENTLY BUMPIN

herpes

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2006, 04:48:34 PM »
career wise nate >>> akon... but right now akon >>>> nate ..... nate needs sometime away from the game b/c everyone and there mother used him and they used him the same exact way on the hook.  Right now akon is something different it just sounds fresher.  But career wise akon has a long way to go to ever see nate

SGV

« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2006, 10:49:34 PM »

It's not defense, Akon's style is a lot more pop, and anyone who doesn't see that is fucking retarded. But then again, I am dealing with you. Nate Dogg sounds better on tracks. The End. Also LOL@Nate Dogg has no range. I've heard him go from high pitch to low pitch, from smooth shit to rugged shit...Akon is just another pop act, nobody's gunna know him in 5 years from now. You love pop...SoRRy.

Calling me retarded, but you think someone who makes songs about straight street shit pop. Tell me how Locked Up is a pop song. lmao @ I love pop. I guess Pop is an artist talking about slangin' D now. *Expects the next N Sync album to be full of Drug Tales*

Akon's gonna be around for a while. He's been out in the mainstream a good two years now and is showing no signs of stopping. He's got his label popping with an artist who's doing very well right now, as well. Dude produces for a wide range of artists as well. Like dude above me said:

nate needs sometime away from the game b/c everyone and their mother used him and they used him the same exact way on the hook.  Right now akon is something different it just sounds fresher.

mauzip

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2006, 12:15:24 AM »
career wise nate >>> akon... but right now akon >>>> nate .....

I agree with this. I think Akon's album isa bit better than Nate Dogg's albums and Ghetto is better than any solo track from Nate Dogg. They're different, but Nate Dogg is the more complete singer. There are two things about Akon: 1. he's over exposed at the moment and I'm more and more getting sick of him and 2. Akon doesn't have a wide range.

^^and that's with both not the case with Nate Dogg

Okka

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2006, 02:42:46 AM »

herpes

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2006, 07:12:14 AM »
truth be told its not like nate doggs and amazing singer either

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2006, 12:51:45 PM »

Nate sounds perfect to me...His voice is just how I'd want it to sound, he ALWAYS comes correct...Fuck this bullshit, this is really why I rarely post in these music sections anymore...I hate a great portion of the music coming out nowadays, and it seems like a lot of people on this board are down with it...Where have all the real heads gone?...Nate Dogg over Akon? LMFAO. It's a damn shame, ya'll forget what Nate Dogg has done, he defined his own sub-genre in this game...Akon isn't coming close, his voice sounds annoying, his main fanbase is pre-pubescent teenage girls. Nate Dogg still sounds amazing, even on the recent 213 album, songs like "Appreciation", "MLK", "Keep It Gangsta", "Rollin Down The Highway", etc. were WAYYY better than anything Akon could ever do. FUCK that shit. :grumpy:...PeACe

herpes

« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2006, 01:03:18 PM »

Nate sounds perfect to me...His voice is just how I'd want it to sound, he ALWAYS comes correct...Fuck this bullshit, this is really why I rarely post in these music sections anymore...I hate a great portion of the music coming out nowadays, and it seems like a lot of people on this board are down with it...Where have all the real heads gone?...Nate Dogg over Akon? LMFAO. It's a damn shame, ya'll forget what Nate Dogg has done, he defined his own sub-genre in this game...Akon isn't coming close, his voice sounds annoying, his main fanbase is pre-pubescent teenage girls. Nate Dogg still sounds amazing, even on the recent 213 album, songs like "Appreciation", "MLK", "Keep It Gangsta", "Rollin Down The Highway", etc. were WAYYY better than anything Akon could ever do. FUCK that shit. :grumpy:...PeACe
yea hes perfect for what his role is.  But people here act like hes a amazing singer which he is not.  Nate is very limited and its the truth.  yes he is the king of hooks but he is still limited.  The thing with nate is he got over exposed.  Its not his fault but those that used his services.  They used him exactly the same in every hook he did.  He didnt get a chance to use what little range he has.  His tone and delivery is exactly the same in almost every song he has appeared on.  No one is saying Nate is wack, hes just over exposed at the moment.  Akon is something new and he sounds fresh.  And he has been used different on every song he appears on.  But if cats start using him the same over and over again hes going to become stale.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2006, 01:59:11 PM »

yea hes perfect for what his role is.  But people here act like hes a amazing singer which he is not.  Nate is very limited and its the truth.  yes he is the king of hooks but he is still limited.  The thing with nate is he got over exposed.  Its not his fault but those that used his services.  They used him exactly the same in every hook he did.  He didnt get a chance to use what little range he has.  His tone and delivery is exactly the same in almost every song he has appeared on.  No one is saying Nate is wack, hes just over exposed at the moment.  Akon is something new and he sounds fresh.  And he has been used different on every song he appears on.  But if cats start using him the same over and over again hes going to become stale.

You talking about Nate always sounding the same and being limiited is straight bullshit. Of course he delivers close to the same style every time, EVERY artist does, it's their sig style they stick with that makes them who they are...But he has RANGE, wtf? Compare the highs in "Ain't No Fun" to the lows in "My Name"...Out of all these artists who have been overexposed and all over tracks, from Snoop to 50 Cent to Kokane to Kurupt, Nate Dogg is the one artist who remains timeless to me and always sounds fresh...Why? Because that's what he's about. He's the hookmaster, and the song is always even better when he adds a verse...And he can't carry his own songs? Yes, his specialty is features, but THAT CLAIM IS EVEN MORE BS...He's put out so many solo classics, songs like "Why", "First We Pray", "I Need A Bitch", shit, listen to the solo tracks on "G Funk Classics", they're ALL good...And by far WAY better than anything Akon has ever done...I just can't believe this shit anymore... :stupid:

SGV

« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2006, 11:30:53 PM »
NIK: We're not talking "Ain't No Fun" Nate Dogg. We're talking "Shake That Ass" monotone-over done Nate Dogg. Nate Dogg of the past few years. No one is saying Akon shits on Nate Dogg career wise. We're saying that Akon is hotter than Nate NOW. Everything he's been doing is hotter than anything Nate has been doing lately. Nate's hooks are sounding the same nowadays... But you just can't seem to grasp that. Wonder why?

Ain't no sense in trying to talk to you about this, you just admitted to being a hater. So why try?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2006, 12:52:22 AM »
NIK: We're not talking "Ain't No Fun" Nate Dogg. We're talking "Shake That Ass" monotone-over done Nate Dogg. Nate Dogg of the past few years. No one is saying Akon shits on Nate Dogg career wise. We're saying that Akon is hotter than Nate NOW. Everything he's been doing is hotter than anything Nate has been doing lately. Nate's hooks are sounding the same nowadays... But you just can't seem to grasp that. Wonder why?

Ain't no sense in trying to talk to you about this, you just admitted to being a hater. So why try?

I admitted to being a hater? So everyone is a hater. Don't you also hate the sound of a nasal bitch getting raped? Well that's what Akon sounds like to me...And I still heavily disagree, career-wise, now, any fucking day...Nate shits all over Akon. PERIOD. As for his monotone-over done style, sorry, but no...Even in the song "Shake That Ass", which you chose to use as an example, Nate displays his skill more than Akon in ANY track I've ever heard Akon in...And yes, he shows range in that track as well...Compare the part where his verser kicks in "two to the one from the one to the three" to the part where he sings "we bout to have a partyyyy, let's get it starteeeeed"...he goes from completely low to completely high, something I've never heard Akon do...Anyways, it's pretty useless arguing with you about music, because it's blatantly obvious that you like pop shit over quality shit...Whatever though, I'ma keep making my points as long as you keep saying dumb shit...PeACe

SGV

« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2006, 01:16:04 AM »
Yes, you said you "hate a great portion of the music coming out nowadays." We already know where you stand.

Lonely... Look at how he goes from mellow to rather passionate.

Listen to how he flips Comin' From Where I Come From on that track Senegal in comparison to say Belly Dancer. Check the Reggae style he flips on Gunshot compared to Ghetto.

Dude is VERSATILE and ALWAYS shows range. You've never heard Akon do anything cuz you're a hater plain and simple. And, Nik, if I "like pop shit over quality shit" why would you always ride my dick and try to talk to me about TechN9ne? Tech's one of my favorite emcee's, you seem to think he's quality. But, if I like him, and I perfer Pop to quality, he must be Pop. And, since you like Tech, wouldn't that mean you like Pop? Hmm... Yea dude. You really have no merit in your arguement. You've never really heard Akon if you have that opinion about him.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2006, 01:55:20 AM »
akon sucks

he'll go down as one of those artists 10 years from now when you're drunk with your people "hey remember that one fool , what's his name uuuuh that lonely singer, uuuuh find him on the block somethin somethin....uuuh"  then a friend will be like " i think his name was acorn, or something like that" then everyone will laugh at how cheesy that shit was....

kelly clarkson has more range than nate dogg
bo bice has more range than nate dogg
ruben studard has more range than nate dogg
clay aiken has mor range than nate dogg
that old fool on American Idol right now has more range than dogg

so what? they all probably WON"T be able to MAKE a song classic like nate dogg has been able to do with so many songs

truth be told akon hasn't done anything that is classic, he's got "Lonely" , u mean to tell me that's classic? if that's a classic then WOW the standard has dropped Dramatically

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

herpes

« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2006, 05:32:58 AM »
akon sucks

he'll go down as one of those artists 10 years from now when you're drunk with your people "hey remember that one fool , what's his name uuuuh that lonely singer, uuuuh find him on the block somethin somethin....uuuh"  then a friend will be like " i think his name was acorn, or something like that" then everyone will laugh at how cheesy that shit was....

kelly clarkson has more range than nate dogg
bo bice has more range than nate dogg
ruben studard has more range than nate dogg
clay aiken has mor range than nate dogg
that old fool on American Idol right now has more range than dogg

so what? they all probably WON"T be able to MAKE a song classic like nate dogg has been able to do with so many songs

truth be told akon hasn't done anything that is classic, he's got "Lonely" , u mean to tell me that's classic? if that's a classic then WOW the standard has dropped Dramatically

no but the track ghetto was a amazing track and I think it could go punch for punch with any nate dogg solo song.  Your miss the point tho jake, career wise no one is comparing akon to nate, but right now what they are doing.