Author Topic: Is Akon the new Eastcoast Nate Dogg?  (Read 4087 times)

SGV

Re: Is Akon the new Eastcoast Nate Dogg?
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2006, 10:26:41 AM »
^Thank you. Why's that so hard to understand? I guess when you got shit going on in your career currently, your fans will bring up old shit to justify you're doing bad (See: Kurupt, Snoop etc.)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2006, 12:08:29 PM »
Yes, you said you "hate a great portion of the music coming out nowadays." We already know where you stand.

Lonely... Look at how he goes from mellow to rather passionate.

Listen to how he flips Comin' From Where I Come From on that track Senegal in comparison to say Belly Dancer. Check the Reggae style he flips on Gunshot compared to Ghetto.

Dude is VERSATILE and ALWAYS shows range. You've never heard Akon do anything cuz you're a hater plain and simple. And, Nik, if I "like pop shit over quality shit" why would you always ride my dick and try to talk to me about TechN9ne? Tech's one of my favorite emcee's, you seem to think he's quality. But, if I like him, and I perfer Pop to quality, he must be Pop. And, since you like Tech, wouldn't that mean you like Pop? Hmm... Yea dude. You really have no merit in your arguement. You've never really heard Akon if you have that opinion about him.

I've heard enough tracks from Akon to formulate an opinion...Almost every one of them annoyed the shit out of me, so I feel no need to look further into his catalog. And what does me discussing Tech with you have anything to do with this? I never said that you don't listen to some good shit, it's just that in general your taste is pop, which you can't even argue...And Tech N9ne isn't 100% underground shit, he comes with a lot of radio tracks too, which is probably the style of his you prefer most, knowing your weak taste in music...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2006, 12:15:56 PM »
akon sucks

he'll go down as one of those artists 10 years from now when you're drunk with your people "hey remember that one fool , what's his name uuuuh that lonely singer, uuuuh find him on the block somethin somethin....uuuh"  then a friend will be like " i think his name was acorn, or something like that" then everyone will laugh at how cheesy that shit was....

kelly clarkson has more range than nate dogg
bo bice has more range than nate dogg
ruben studard has more range than nate dogg
clay aiken has mor range than nate dogg
that old fool on American Idol right now has more range than dogg

so what? they all probably WON"T be able to MAKE a song classic like nate dogg has been able to do with so many songs

truth be told akon hasn't done anything that is classic, he's got "Lonely" , u mean to tell me that's classic? if that's a classic then WOW the standard has dropped Dramatically

no but the track ghetto was a amazing track and I think it could go punch for punch with any nate dogg solo song.  Your miss the point tho jake, career wise no one is comparing akon to nate, but right now what they are doing.

I'm sorry, but NO Akon track can ever compare to a song like "First We Pray" or "Why" or even "One More Day"...He's just not comparable to Nate, not now, not in the past, not ever...PeACe

herpes

« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2006, 12:20:38 PM »
akon sucks

he'll go down as one of those artists 10 years from now when you're drunk with your people "hey remember that one fool , what's his name uuuuh that lonely singer, uuuuh find him on the block somethin somethin....uuuh"  then a friend will be like " i think his name was acorn, or something like that" then everyone will laugh at how cheesy that shit was....

so what? they all probably WON"T be able to MAKE a song classic like nate dogg has been able to do with so many songs

truth be told akon hasn't done anything that is classic, he's got "Lonely" , u mean to tell me that's classic? if that's a classic then WOW the standard has dropped Dramatically

no but the track ghetto was a amazing track and I think it could go punch for punch with any nate dogg solo song.  Your miss the point tho jake, career wise no one is comparing akon to nate, but right now what they are doing.

I'm sorry, but NO Akon track can ever compare to a song like "First We Pray" or "Why" or even "One More Day"...He's just not comparable to Nate, not now, not in the past, not ever...PeACe
and thats your opinion and I disagree, i think the song ghetto can compare to any or nates stuff.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2006, 12:38:03 PM »
akon sucks

and thats your opinion and I disagree, i think the song ghetto can compare to any or nates stuff.

Well, at least you're not as dumb as SGV and can comprehend the difference between an opinion and fact...

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2006, 02:23:44 PM »
But then again, it is your opinion NIK. The song "Ghetto" like Tom mentioned will go against any Nate Dogg solo pound 4 pound, and I tend to agree with that. Akon's voice itself is a talent, may be annoying to you, but I love it. I'm playing the shit out of what he did on that hook with Obie Trice right now. Nate Dogg plays his role as a hip hop singer basically, and he does it better than anyone in that category. But I just can't label him in the R&B category. His style is basically a church lead singer gone gangsta.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2006, 02:36:58 PM »
But then again, it is your opinion NIK. The song "Ghetto" like Tom mentioned will go against any Nate Dogg solo pound 4 pound, and I tend to agree with that. Akon's voice itself is a talent, may be annoying to you, but I love it. I'm playing the shit out of what he did on that hook with Obie Trice right now. Nate Dogg plays his role as a hip hop singer basically, and he does it better than anyone in that category. But I just can't label him in the R&B category. His style is basically a church lead singer gone gangsta.

That's what I've been saying...It's my opinion. SGV acts like it's a fact that Akon is hotter right now, when I (along with a lot of other people) prefer a brand new Nate hook over a brand new Akon hook ANY DAY. But then again, it's all on what your taste is... And to me, Akon doesn't sound nearly as fresh as Nate...PeACe

SGV

« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2006, 04:53:35 PM »
NIK, why do you always try to pull the victim card. "It's not me, it's SGV!!!  :'( "

LOL. Kid... You were hitting ME up for Tech's first albums. You were on my dick everytime I logged on AIM. Explain what's so Pop about the songs I'm bringing up from Akon. You seem to think it's a fact that I like Pop, but it's your opinion. Who's the retard? Now, like I said, Now Im Slow, explain what's Pop about Locked Up, Ghetto, Gangsta, Trouble, Snitch, etc. Let's see this.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2006, 06:53:03 PM »
NIK, why do you always try to pull the victim card. "It's not me, it's SGV!!!  :'( "

LOL. Kid... You were hitting ME up for Tech's first albums. You were on my dick everytime I logged on AIM. Explain what's so Pop about the songs I'm bringing up from Akon. You seem to think it's a fact that I like Pop, but it's your opinion. Who's the retard? Now, like I said, Now Im Slow, explain what's Pop about Locked Up, Ghetto, Gangsta, Trouble, Snitch, etc. Let's see this.

What an idiot...You think Akon's style is not pop? MR FUCKING LONELY?! LMFAO. And I dont even remember your AIM name, let alone hitting you up for Tech albums. I hit hundreds of people up online for rare Tech N9ne shit back in the days...You really must love my nuts in your mouth to dwell on some shit like that. But yea, even Christina Aguilera makes songs that aren't pop, doesn't really prove anything...I'm sorry, pop fan, but Akon defines pop in hip-hop today... :-*

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2006, 08:51:32 PM »
akon sucks

the guest spots and songs AKON is doing RIGHT now isn't that much better than what nate dogg is doing .....it still sux, i'm not sitting here saying, "nate dogg has had a better career so automatically anything he puts out is better than akon" .....i'm not saying that , i'm saying this:

akon to you and a couple of peopel out there in the world is doing 'hot' tracks....when truth be told in 10 years almost everything he's done now will either a) be forgotten  or b) laughed at.

poison at one point were 'hotter' than aerosmith in the 80's  and at one point putting out 'hotterr' songs......see my point

akon isn't anything special, it's like simon on american idol says "just because you can sing with range, doesn't mean you can make a good song"

i'll be REALLY suprised if AKON stays relavent in 5 more years.....you can bring this post back up and slap it in my face if he does

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2006, 08:56:15 PM »
what's Pop about Locked Up, Ghetto, Gangsta, Trouble, Snitch, etc. Let's see this.

well when you sample a Bobby Vinton (an original tenny booper singer) track, go on TRL and TRY to appease 13 year old girls who go  "woooooooooooooooo"  every 2 seconds and give interviews to BOP, J17 , and other teeny bopper magazines who have the likes of hilary duff, chris brown , and fall out boy on the cover , you kind get  that POP lable

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2006, 09:00:53 PM »
But I just can't label him in the R&B category. His style is basically a church lead singer gone gangsta.

i'm not knocking your opinion about akon....but i got to correct this ^  inaccruacy

R&B and gospal music=basically the same thing

jodeci was an R&B act right? and they were more gospal oriented than nate
Boyz II Men as well.

just correcting

SGV

« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2006, 10:44:44 PM »
And Nate hasn't done any Pop tracks? I Like That with Houston and Chingy. That joint with Mariah and Damizza. Another joint he had with Mariah. etc. I mean, if we talking Pop, Nate is just as guilty.

So, as much of a Pop fan as I am, I guess you are too. Sorry Pop Fan!

*waits for NIK to say he doesn't like those songs or that there's a difference*

WestCoasta

« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2006, 10:59:52 PM »
u guys think Akon or Nate care if they've done 'POP' tracks?

they're laughin to the bank u lame bitches

XaNdEr

« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2006, 12:23:47 AM »
this is all bs, akon first need to work with the likes of 2pac, snoop dogg, warren g, eminem, dr. dre, 50 cent and so on before i'll EVEN think about akon....

and obviously he hasnt enough talent to want these ppl to work with him...