Author Topic: Is Akon the new Eastcoast Nate Dogg?  (Read 4090 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: Is Akon the new Eastcoast Nate Dogg?
« Reply #75 on: May 26, 2006, 12:44:50 AM »
And Nate hasn't done any Pop tracks? I Like That with Houston and Chingy. That joint with Mariah and Damizza. Another joint he had with Mariah. etc. I mean, if we talking Pop, Nate is just as guilty.

So, as much of a Pop fan as I am, I guess you are too. Sorry Pop Fan!

*waits for NIK to say he doesn't like those songs or that there's a difference*

commercial yes but pop....no

i don't see him on teeny magazines
i don't see him on trl , trying to stir up 13 year old girls' emotions
i don't see him sampling old bubble gum tunes

commercial (fabolous, ect. ) but pop....not as extreme as akon

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

SGV

« Reply #76 on: May 26, 2006, 01:01:53 AM »
LOL @ Him being on teeny mags. You got these mags as proof? I personally don't read em, but you must have. Find some scans. Out of his 4 or 5 singles, he only had one that was truely aimed at the commercial masses and that was "Lonely." That song was your typical R&B track, but whatever. I've NEVER seen a Pop act with so many songs that talk about all the street shit this dudes talks about. When did ONE song make you a Pop artist? LOL.

A song like "If We" with Mariah and Ja is just as Pop, difference is it wasn't a single. But, it's JUST as Pop as say "Lonely."

wcsoldier

« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2006, 02:08:39 AM »
Imo, Akon is way better than any others "new" Rnb artists, dude got skills without a doubt.. When it comes to compare Akon to Nate RIGHT NOW, it's all about opinions... I like Akon on Snitch and on this Booba track (french rapper) and Nate is dope on I need a light and Black Mercedes.. To be honest I've got no preferences right now

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2006, 01:56:30 PM »
LOL @ Him being on teeny mags. You got these mags as proof? I personally don't read em, but you must have. Find some scans. Out of his 4 or 5 singles, he only had one that was truely aimed at the commercial masses and that was "Lonely." That song was your typical R&B track, but whatever. I've NEVER seen a Pop act with so many songs that talk about all the street shit this dudes talks about. When did ONE song make you a Pop artist? LOL.

A song like "If We" with Mariah and Ja is just as Pop, difference is it wasn't a single. But, it's JUST as Pop as say "Lonely."

u say mariah carey, like it's a BAD thing,lol

Mariah Carey is the greatet voice in music history....period. she doesn't even need a producer like dr. dre or timbo, or your fav. jermaine dupri, she can produce her OWN music, SING on it and it'll be classic. that's Prince status right there. so props to nate dogg

theres mariah carey/prince/michael jackson/madonna/coldplay/oasis/beatles-pop so i'm glad nate fell into that pop category  8)

dude SGV like i said akon will not be relavent in 5 years, why are you wasting so much energy on defending him

SGV

« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2006, 04:39:37 PM »
You didn't even answer the question. You must not be able to. You have no proof of him being in this teen mags. You can't respond to how does having one song make an arist pop.

Akon writes and produces his own shit... now I'm not saying he's  as good as MC or Prince, but he deserves credit for that.

How about a song like I Like That with Houston and Chingy. Just as pop, if not more.

If Akon is so irrelevant why are you taking time to try and prove so? If he wasn't shit like you claim everyone would see it and agree with you. That's not the case. You feel that way and that's all good. But not many others feel that way.

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2006, 04:19:40 AM »
Mariah Carey hasn't got a voice I really like,I'm sorry.

As for hiphop hooks,no one beats Nate Dogg,except perhaps Butch Cassidy at times but they're cousins so it stays in the family.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 03:50:24 AM by Z the laidback Virus »
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2006, 03:06:52 PM »
You didn't even answer the question. You must not be able to. You have no proof of him being in this teen mags. You can't respond to how does having one song make an arist pop.

Akon writes and produces his own shit... now I'm not saying he's  as good as MC or Prince, but he deserves credit for that.

How about a song like I Like That with Houston and Chingy. Just as pop, if not more.

If Akon is so irrelevant why are you taking time to try and prove so? If he wasn't shit like you claim everyone would see it and agree with you. That's not the case. You feel that way and that's all good. But not many others feel that way.

1. i don't own any teeny bopper magazines, where i work they have those there, see them, and sometimes i have to supervise the people who come and put them on the newstands....if you don't believe me go look it up, they're called j15 , tiger beat, and bop

2. good for him, but has he made any classic songs? in all honesty do you see yourself bumping his music when you're 38? or do you think it'll be somethin like Color me Bad, or rome "ahh i remember this , hahaha wow that was a long time ago"

3. i havn't hread that song in a while let me download it.....yah it's pop but you know what i hear...nate dogg making it more credible and less pop.....when i hear an akon song i hear it becoming MORE poppy when it comes on

4. because it's fun to see you get all worked up about ANOTHER lesser artist. like i said if akon is ON TOP of the charts and is all over th radio in 5-6 years and we're all still posting here, u can throw that in my face as much as you want, but like i said i don't see him having that much longer 'in the light' as well as hip hop

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2006, 03:32:33 PM »
Well the fact he is from Senegal kind of dis-proves his east coast status .........

^^Word.

I think that's a fair statement to make, that he's the new East Coast Nate Dogg.  Obviously, he may never have the legacy that Nate Dogg has established, but we can't blame Akon, because Nate Dogg came out in the West Coast Golden Age and he started out on the ground floor of Death Row Records.  Akon is trying to make a name for himself working with artists that aren't 1/10th as dope as the artists Nate Dogg came up with.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #83 on: May 27, 2006, 03:49:19 PM »
Well the fact he is from Senegal kind of dis-proves his east coast status .........
Well he did leave Senegal when he was seven. So if Xzibit can claim being from the west and he moved to Cali when he was 17, then Akon can rep the east coast.

herpes

« Reply #84 on: May 27, 2006, 03:55:05 PM »

^^Word.

I think that's a fair statement to make, that he's the new East Coast Nate Dogg.  Obviously, he may never have the legacy that Nate Dogg has established, but we can't blame Akon, because Nate Dogg came out in the West Coast Golden Age and he started out on the ground floor of Death Row Records.  Akon is trying to make a name for himself working with artists that aren't 1/10th as dope as the artists Nate Dogg came up with.

this is the infinite I miss

herpes

« Reply #85 on: May 27, 2006, 03:57:39 PM »
jake how come you keep fallin back on lonely being poppy but wont speak on the songs sgv mentioned.  And you talk about bumpin akon songs when where 38 years old.  I can see myself listening to the song ghetto when im 38.  That song can go toe to toe with any nate solo track.

SGV

« Reply #86 on: May 27, 2006, 04:14:23 PM »
jake how come you keep fallin back on lonely being poppy but wont speak on the songs sgv mentioned.  And you talk about bumpin akon songs when where 38 years old.  I can see myself listening to the song ghetto when im 38.  That song can go toe to toe with any nate solo track.

Because he only has that one song to use to as "proof" that Akon is pop. LOL. Last time I heard, Backstreet Boys and NSync weren't talking about drug slangs or anything of that matter. Jake is just an uninformed person, trying act as authority. A track like Ghetto is pretty timeless, so yes I can see myself bumping Akon when I'm 38.

LMAO @ You seeing Nate Dogg making "I Like That" more credible. Only Jake...

WestCoasta

« Reply #87 on: May 27, 2006, 04:47:11 PM »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2006, 04:31:57 AM »
i just addressed the songs he talked about tom

Because he only has that one song to use to as "proof" that Akon is pop. LOL. Last time I heard, Backstreet Boys and NSync weren't talking about drug slangs or anything of that matter. Jake is just an uninformed person, trying act as authority. A track like Ghetto is pretty timeless, so yes I can see myself bumping Akon when I'm 38.

LMAO @ You seeing Nate Dogg making "I Like That" more credible. Only Jake...

1. when did i ever JUST mention lonely as proof of him ,being cheesy pop?
2. are you saying that backstreet and nsync are the standard of pop music? bobby brown is considered a pop artist...him AND his wife, i don't need to say anything else. except bobby and whitney.
3. uninformed?  if you're going to make a statement like that , back it up by saying how.

4. if you like ghetto and think it's a song you can bump til you're dead in your coffin....fine that's you're opinion but again like i said, nothing akon has released has had any sort of relvent impact on music, his album  is probably a 3/5 album at best. he's got O classics under his belt and i havn't seen him do anything spectacular

One more Day>ghetto   any day of the week

"any man can step toe to toe, but only one on man can come out blow for blow"

mauzip

« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2006, 05:17:42 AM »
nothing akon has released has had any sort of relvent impact on music

Being the only mainstream R&B singer with rap lyrics right now, I think Akon's impact on music might show off in a year or earlier if/when more Reality R&B singers pop up in the mainstream.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 05:20:20 AM by Tha A-L-K Iz Active »