Author Topic: Is Akon the new Eastcoast Nate Dogg?  (Read 4095 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Is Akon the new Eastcoast Nate Dogg?
« Reply #90 on: May 28, 2006, 06:01:15 AM »

One more Day>ghetto   any day of the week

^^ I agree, but it's still a close call. 

Infact, I got an even better comparison...

"Never Leave Me Alone" > "Locked Up" ... but again, it's a close call, I love Akon's hook but I'm not feeling the rest of his lyrics. 

We know there's many Nate Dogg songs that Akon has no match for...

"Regulators"  (although not solo, duo track)
"Annie Mae"  (although not solo, duo track)
"Nobody Does It Better"
"Don't Want To Hurt No More"
"Be Thankful"  (off the Deathrow Christmas album, Butch Cassidy also helps him out on this one)
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #91 on: May 28, 2006, 01:05:20 PM »
nothing akon has released has had any sort of relvent impact on music

Being the only mainstream R&B singer with rap lyrics right now, I think Akon's impact on music might show off in a year or earlier if/when more Reality R&B singers pop up in the mainstream.

it wouldn't be because of akon, 'reality' r&b singers have exhisited here and there for a while now. mauzips hero tq for example

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #92 on: May 28, 2006, 01:07:27 PM »

"Be Thankful"  (off the Deathrow Christmas album, Butch Cassidy also helps him out on this one)

yeah i like this sogn alot, that was 1 of only 2 songs i like off that cd

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

herpes

« Reply #93 on: May 28, 2006, 01:10:04 PM »
ghetto = one more day... jake it can go toe to toe or blow for blow whatever phrase you choose.  Dude has one really poppy track besides that his stuff is just as street as nates stuff.  And nate has one song just as poppy too, that joint with houston. 

mauzip

« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2006, 01:12:47 PM »
nothing akon has released has had any sort of relvent impact on music

Being the only mainstream R&B singer with rap lyrics right now, I think Akon's impact on music might show off in a year or earlier if/when more Reality R&B singers pop up in the mainstream.

it wouldn't be because of akon, 'reality' r&b singers have exhisited here and there for a while now. mauzips hero tq for example

Here and there, yes. The past decennia there has not been any established mainstream Reality R&B artist. Akon might be the first.

SGV

« Reply #95 on: May 28, 2006, 04:22:47 PM »
i just addressed the songs he talked about tom You did? Where?

1. when did i ever JUST mention lonely as proof of him ,being cheesy pop? That's the only song you use as "proof" hence:

what's Pop about Locked Up, Ghetto, Gangsta, Trouble, Snitch, etc. Let's see this.

well when you sample a Bobby Vinton (an original tenny booper singer) track, go on TRL and TRY to appease 13 year old girls who go  "woooooooooooooooo"  every 2 seconds and give interviews to BOP, J17 , and other teeny bopper magazines who have the likes of hilary duff, chris brown , and fall out boy on the cover , you kind get  that POP lable

2. are you saying that backstreet and nsync are the standard of pop music? bobby brown is considered a pop artist...him AND his wife, i don't need to say anything else. except bobby and whitney.  The Pop you're talking about: TRL, Teen Mags etc. That's Nysnc and Backstreet Boys. I've never heard someone call B.Brown Pop. If anything, he has always got the stamp of R&B.

3. uninformed?  if you're going to make a statement like that , back it up by saying how. See above

4. if you like ghetto and think it's a song you can bump til you're dead in your coffin....fine that's you're opinion but again like i said, nothing akon has released has had any sort of relvent impact on music, his album  is probably a 3/5 album at best. he's got O classics under his belt and i havn't seen him do anything spectacular Key word is "I" You don't like him, of course you don't think he's made impact. It's a biased opinion on your part.

"any man can step toe to toe, but only one on man can come out blow for blow" Once again, your opinion. A biased opinion.

Explain how Akon can be Pop when he has tons of tracks that are NOTHING but Street Anthems. Address songs as Locked Up, Trouble, Never Gonna Get It, Gunshot, So Fly, etc. can qualify ANYONE as Pop. Don't bring nothing else up... Just address these songs. They make up 99% of Akon's music.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2006, 03:12:42 PM »
This thread is hilarious. I have no idea how people are dumb enough to not see that Akon's persona as a whole and approach to the game is COMPLETELY different than Nate's...Like Jake said, Nate Dogg gave a song like "I Like That" credibility (yes, SGV, he did comment on it, you moron who replies without reading), where as someone like Akon would have made it even more pop...SGV is the biggest (<<in 2 ways) reason I don't post in these sections much anymore. His taste is horrendous and the worst part is that a lot of people here have that taste, so he feels justified in the dumbass shit he says...Learn to differentiate real music from gimmicky shit...PeACe

SGV

« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2006, 07:36:49 PM »
Looks like someone else posts without reading. Re-Read what Tom and I both posted. Why doesn't he address the AKON songs I'm listing. Who's the moron? That would be you. Nate never made I Like That more credible, in your eyes he did... But I don't know anyone else who feels that way. Hell, the fuckin' song was all over the Superbowl when it first came out during the commercials. If I'm not mistaken, it was the theme song for the commercial for Jake's place of work, McDonalds. How much more POP can you get? Fuck outta here.

My taste is horrendous? So TechN9ne is horrendous? You must have that same horrendous taste. Chino XL is horrendous? Crooked I? Planet Asia? CMON MAN!!! You need the learn to differentiate being an idiot and being yourself. Those two qualities are really clashing, cuz they're just so similar. PeACe.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2006, 09:52:30 PM »
Looks like someone else posts without reading. Re-Read what Tom and I both posted. Why doesn't he address the AKON songs I'm listing. Who's the moron? That would be you. Nate never made I Like That more credible, in your eyes he did... But I don't know anyone else who feels that way. Hell, the fuckin' song was all over the Superbowl when it first came out during the commercials. If I'm not mistaken, it was the theme song for the commercial for Jake's place of work, McDonalds. How much more POP can you get? Fuck outta here.

My taste is horrendous? So TechN9ne is horrendous? You must have that same horrendous taste. Chino XL is horrendous? Crooked I? Planet Asia? CMON MAN!!! You need the learn to differentiate being an idiot and being yourself. Those two qualities are really clashing, cuz they're just so similar. PeACe.

You are just dumb, that's what it really comes down to. The songs you listed of Akon change nothing of his pop gimmick, Sisqo used to make street tracks too...LMAO. That means absolutely nothing, you're just too dumb to comprehend the fact that Akon's approach to the game and Nate's were wayyyy different. Akon is a pop artist. Every real artist has made pop sounding tracks, even cats like Rakim. But there's a difference when you're an actual pop artist, just like Akon is...As for you having horrendous taste, don't try to give yourself some sort of credibility by naming underground cats to compensate for your main taste, which is pop...People can have shitty taste overall and still like some weak artists...You have to be an idiot not to comprehend that. Make an arguement for me being an idiot, as I've been doing for you...You can't, because you're fucking dumb. :-*

SGV

« Reply #99 on: May 30, 2006, 11:19:35 AM »
So even though Akon makes 99% street tracks, his approach is Pop? He can be compared to Sisqo cuz of ONE SONG? LMAO. I don't need to continue. It's evident who the real idiot is here. Really, just stop while you're ahead, you already look like Corky from Life Goes On. LMAO @ Now Im Retarded.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #100 on: May 30, 2006, 04:46:28 PM »
LMAO! How is his approach street when he's mostly known for tracks like "Lonely" and "Belly Dancer"?...I don't give a fuck if you like Akon. No matter what you say, I still find him whack overall as an artist and not comparable to Nate Dogg. That's my opinion. Stop getting all butt-hurt cuz you can never top me... :-*

herpes

« Reply #101 on: May 30, 2006, 05:01:25 PM »
LMAO! How is his approach street when he's mostly known for tracks like "Lonely" and "Belly Dancer"?...I don't give a fuck if you like Akon. No matter what you say, I still find him whack overall as an artist and not comparable to Nate Dogg. That's my opinion. Stop getting all butt-hurt cuz you can never top me... :-*
actually if you ask most people I dont think they would think of akon as a pop artist though. There are some but I think a lot of hip hop heads wouldnt think o f him as a pop artist.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #102 on: May 30, 2006, 05:26:10 PM »
actually if you ask most people I dont think they would think of akon as a pop artist though. There are some but I think a lot of hip hop heads wouldnt think o f him as a pop artist.

Well, the heads I know don't like his shit, and I've asked them after reading some of the bogus claims in this thread...Doesn't mean a heads can't like his shit, but we all know SGV's taste in general is pop and Akon is considered a pop artist by many...PeACe

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #103 on: May 30, 2006, 05:34:06 PM »
Akon is more of a pop artist...but he goes a good job of lacing hooks for songs like "Soul Survivor" and "Snitch". You can't fuck with Nate Dogg though...his voice can sometimes make the beat sound way better than it already does. Nate knows how to jump in between the track with his vocals.

SGV

« Reply #104 on: May 31, 2006, 08:43:16 AM »

LMAO! Dude is KNOWN for shit like Locked Up, Soul Survivor etc. Let's see, you brought up getting butt hurt, but ain't nobody here crying but you "You'll never top me!!!  :'( :'( :'( " LOL. Yea so you don't know shit about Akon, you're simply a hater. LMAO @ ANYONE knowing him for Belly Dancer. AT LEAST use that Baby Bash track. LOL. Fuckin' moron.