Author Topic: The Celebrity Atheist/Agnostic/Ambiguous List  (Read 782 times)

Word to Everything

The Celebrity Atheist/Agnostic/Ambiguous List
« on: May 19, 2006, 06:54:43 AM »
The Atheist and the Materialist
Persons who identify themselves as 'atheist' or 'godless' or lacking theistic belief. Alternatively, a quote that clearly meets the strong or weak definitionof the term is acceptable for assignment to this category.

Woody Allen
Marlon Brando
Warren Buffett
Fidel Castro
Rodney Dangerfield
Phil Donahue
Albert Einstein
Seth Green
Katharine Hepburn
Billy Joel
Angelina Jolie
Kim Il-Sung
Bruce Lee
Tom Lehrer
Vladimir Lenin
*7even

Click on their name for proof/explanation, more+
http://www.celebatheists.com/index.php?title=Category:Atheist

The Agnostic
Those who have described themselves as 'agnostic.' Alternatively they can have stated that the question of whether or not gods exist is unknowable.  Atheists who identify themselves as agnostic can be included in this category as well.  The rare theists who identifies himself (or herself) as agnostic can be included in this category, but their theism should be prominently mentioned.

Agnosticism is the philosophical view that the truth values of certain claims—particularly theological claims regarding the existence of God, gods, or deities—are unknown, inherently unknowable, or incoherent, and therefore, (some agnostics may go as far to say) irrelevant to life  ;)

Winston Churchill
Bill Gates
Matt Groening (The Simpsons)
Thomas Huxley
Jack Kevorkian
Larry King
Dave Matthews
Bill Nye  :D
Sean Penn
Roman Polanski
Keanu Reeves
Carl Sagan
Stephen Hawking (Physicist, England, IQ=160)
http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&q=Stephen+Hawking&btnG=Search
James Taylor
Uma Thurman
Ted Turner
*K A I N
*white boy

http://www.celebatheists.com/index.php?title=Category:Agnostic

The Ambiguous
Those who have expressed skepticism regarding theism, but who cannot be fairly classified as either Atheist or Agnostic.
Note that skepticism towards organized religion is insufficient, as there are plenty of theists who dislike the church, mosque, etc. but nevertheless believe in god(s).

Richard Dean Anderson  :o
David Bowie
George Clooney
Dalai Lama
Phyllis Diller
David Duchovny  8)
Patrick Duffy
Filter
Mikhail Gorbachev
Taylor Hawkins
Hugh Hefner
John Lennon
Monica Lewinsky
Bill Maher
Marilyn Manson
Sarah McLachlan
Joaquin Phoenix
Natalie Portman
Andy Richter
Tom Robbins
William Shatner
Sarah Silverman :love:
Mira Sorvino
Tool
Mark Twain
Bruce Willis

http://www.celebatheists.com/index.php?title=Category:Ambiguous
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 11:59:18 AM by The Narcissist »

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The Celebrity Atheist/Agnostic/Ambiguous List
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 07:02:57 AM »
i thought woody allen was jew, btw his real name is Allan Konigsberg

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Word to Everything

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 07:05:27 AM »
i thought woody allen was jew, btw his real name is Allan Konigsberg

Woody Allen, Director/Actor/Writer

In his autobiographical movie, Stardust Memories, Allen's character is called an atheist. He responds "To you, I'm an atheist. To God, I'm the loyal opposition."

Some more quotes: "Not only is God dead, but just try to find a plumber on weekends."

"I do occasionally envy the person who is religious naturally, without being brainwashed into it or suckered into it by all the organized hustles / Just like having an ear for music or something. It would just never occur to such a person for a second that the world isn't about something."

--AL

---

The following quotes arrive from Wayne Aiken's Atheist Fortune Cookie File.

"If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss Bank." ["Selections from the Allen Notebooks," in New Yorker (5 Nov. 1973)]

"Not only is God dead, but just try to find a plumber on weekends."

"To YOU I'm an atheist; to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition."

"As the poet said, "Only God can make a tree" -- probably because it's so hard to figure out how to get the bark on."

"How can I believe in God when just last week I got my tongue caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?"

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

"I do not believe in an afterlife, although I am bringing a change of underwear."

"The chief problem about death, incidentally, is the fear that there may be no afterlife -- a depressing thought, particularly for those who have bothered to shave. Also, there is the fear that there is an afterlife but no one will know where it's being held." ["The Early Essays," Without Feathers (1976)]

"I do occasionally envy the person who is religious naturally, without being brainwashed into it or suckered into it by all the organized hustles." [Rolling Stone magazine, 1987]

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 07:09:34 AM »
"If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss Bank." ["Selections from the Allen Notebooks," in New Yorker (5 Nov. 1973)]
HE IS DEFINATLY A JEW!!! just a self hating jew

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 11:49:42 AM »
HE IS DEFINATLY A JEW!!! just a self hating jew

Lol@self-hating

I was  born Catholic and Im definitely not self-hating for being an atheist..
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 12:40:53 PM »
Kain are you sure you don't belong in the first category? :P

WestCoasta

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2006, 12:46:02 PM »
I'm definitely Agnostic

with a slight mix of Ambiguous
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 12:48:29 PM by we$t coa$t »

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 06:56:02 PM »
I'm definitely Agnostic

with a slight mix of Ambiguous

your sexuality is ambigious
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

WestCoasta

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 07:06:33 PM »
I laugh at your life, where you live, and what nationality and religion you represent

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2006, 07:11:44 PM »
I laugh at your life, where you live, and what nationality and religion you represent

youre a nobody and you know nothing

tick on ma balls
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

WestCoasta

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2006, 07:12:59 PM »
youre a nobody
and you're a somebody on the internet

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2006, 07:33:34 PM »
Persons who identify themselves as 'atheist' or 'godless' or lacking theistic belief.

Angelina Jolie

LMAO! She needs God!

Word to Everything

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2006, 07:51:54 PM »
Persons who identify themselves as 'atheist' or 'godless' or lacking theistic belief.

Angelina Jolie

LMAO! She needs God!

Angelina Jolie
From CelebAtheists

"Lionsgate intends to make a film based on Russian author Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged, and market it worldwide. According to Variety, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are considering leading roles in the film. Jolie is known to be a huge fan of Rand and her novel." -- from an April 27, 2006 IGN report [1] by Paul Davidson.

---

In the September 6, 2000 edition of The Onion A.V. Club titled "Is There A God?", celebrities were asked the question. Jolie was among those asked.

Actress and tabloid fixture Angelina Jolie will soon play computer-game character Lara Croft.

The Onion: Is there a God?

Angelina Jolie: Hmm... For some people. I hope so, for them. For the people who believe in it, I hope so. There doesn't need to be a God for me. There's something in people that's spiritual, that's godlike. I don't feel like doing things just because people say things, but I also don't really know if it's better to just not believe in anything, either.

youre a nobody and you know nothing
tick on ma balls

:catfight:
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 07:54:19 PM by The Narcissist »

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2006, 11:54:12 PM »
youre a nobody

for the record chump...tell us about your life, where you live and what nationality and religion u represent faggot

- Lewis Carroll

WestCoasta

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2006, 12:58:10 PM »
youre a nobody

for the record chump...tell us about your life, where you live and what nationality and religion u represent faggot
I live in Los Angeles, California, United States

I'm the almighty white man, the man who puts your people to shame, and I represent consequences to those who question my beliefs