Author Topic: US considering making English the national language....  (Read 818 times)

Sikotic™

Re: US considering making English the national language....
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2006, 01:42:06 PM »
remember when they taught ebonics in oakland public schools? theres somethin to bitch about

Nah, dey shoulda expanded da program. To bad dem racis consuhvatives fought ta remove it cuz dey don got no luv fo us.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

J Bananas

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2006, 01:44:55 PM »
hella bootsee politishinz

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2006, 10:15:27 PM »
Someone upset that this issue isn't controversial and that we all agree with him ;D

I admit this thread didn't turn out the way I wanted it.
LOL at you pretty much admiting that you want people to disagree with you. :laugh:

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2006, 10:35:42 PM »
this thread is great. Personally, I notice that most countries have 2 or 3 offical languages. So why not have English, Spanish, and Ebonics, everyone wins.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2006, 08:23:04 AM »
wow i though english was the official language already....wow

I have to admit I was also left by suprise when I found out 'bout this just recently
i thought it already was english when america was drawing up their constitution they had a vote on whether to make their language english or german, it was close but english provailed

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2006, 09:16:41 AM »

funnily.. english isnt the only language in the UK (ok england maybe...) but welsh is still spoken in wales..
and america is a much more racially diverse country than the UK.. home of the english language.
wales r just a burden i'm strongly in favour of giving them a full independence, they only account for 2% of our economy but they recieve 4% of our tax revenues, most of them are too lazy to learn new skills since their industrial shit has been declining and they tryna claim benefits whilst still in work and won;t give up their dead language which leads to wasted money spent on making everything in 2 languages.

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Don Seer

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2006, 11:26:05 AM »

their language isn't dead.. its still well spoken thoughout wales.. all the road signs are dual language.. you're misinformed :)

havent you been watching bb..? so the 2 welsh people chosen for bb who are both around the 20 mark speak fluent welsh.... that glynn says he speaks welsh all day and thinks in welsh (i've often heard that multi lingual people 'think' in the language they use the most).. and that he realises now his english isnt as good as he thought.. and him and imogen (the former miss wales) have been holding full on conversations in welsh..

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2006, 11:31:44 AM »
i know its not literally dead but like say latin, but it is irrelivant 99% of wales speak english anyway its just adds to beurocracy and wasted money

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2006, 11:36:14 AM »
i know its not literally dead but like say latin, but it is irrelivant 99% of wales speak english anyway its just adds to beurocracy and wasted money

At least Welsh is their native language. In the US, we have immigrants moving here who expect everything in the language of the country they came from. In Los Angeles, they have to print ballots for voting in hundreds of foreign languages. That is complete bullshit.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2006, 02:26:53 PM »

At least Welsh is their native language. In the US, we have immigrants moving here who expect everything in the language of the country they came from. In Los Angeles, they have to print ballots for voting in hundreds of foreign languages. That is complete bullshit.

The Spanish use to rule the South West, and Mexico has a treaty with the U.S. that Mexican people shall be able to speak Spanish in the South West, or what was Mexico. Also, Los Angeles is the second largest Spanish speaking city. Also, LA is were much of the world meets the U.S., translation, many countries trade to the U.S. using L.A. ports, and they ship their goods through there.

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2006, 02:39:48 PM »

Cwalker, come on admit it.... you love ordering fast food and saying "yo quiero ______"
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2006, 04:45:39 PM »

The Spanish use to rule the South West, and Mexico has a treaty with the U.S. that Mexican people shall be able to speak Spanish in the South West, or what was Mexico. Also, Los Angeles is the second largest Spanish speaking city. Also, LA is were much of the world meets the U.S., translation, many countries trade to the U.S. using L.A. ports, and they ship their goods through there.

Does the country of Mexico provide government services in hundreds of different langauges?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2006, 06:38:03 PM »

Does the country of Mexico provide government services in hundreds of different langauges?

First, in LA, it's not hundreds, and second the Mexican gov't gives services to a few languages, mainly Spanish and Native language. Though it's not Japanese people are knocking down the door to get into the US.