Author Topic: Nas Drops New LP In September, Declares Hip-Hop Dead  (Read 1712 times)

WestCoasta

Re: Nas Drops New LP In September, Declares Hip-Hop Dead
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2006, 07:39:49 PM »
What the fuck is with these negative, pessimistic-sounding album titles?  I don't consider it a good sign when I hear artists just complaining about how bad hip-hop is instead of working to improve it.  Not that it'll have an effect on the music (I hope), but it's just stupid and lame...not to mention the fact that the album is out on Def Jam (the same label which made Young Jeezy a star) makes it hypocritical.
eat some white man cock

Eihtball

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2006, 07:45:56 PM »
What the fuck is with these negative, pessimistic-sounding album titles?  I don't consider it a good sign when I hear artists just complaining about how bad hip-hop is instead of working to improve it.  Not that it'll have an effect on the music (I hope), but it's just stupid and lame...not to mention the fact that the album is out on Def Jam (the same label which made Young Jeezy a star) makes it hypocritical.
eat some white man cock

LOL, where'd that come from?  I don't even know your busta ass, nigga.

herpes

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2006, 08:12:03 PM »
I really hope Quik has some production on this like was rumored earlier...
i hope not, keep strictly ny.... and no salamm remi either.  How many titles has this album had so far.... the jones experience, nasdaq down jones, nigger, and now this one.

he was going to title one of his albums "Nigger"?
this album

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2006, 08:17:24 PM »
All I gotta say is Premo.
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

WestCoasta

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2006, 08:26:57 PM »
eat some white man cock

LOL, where'd that come from?  I don't even know your busta ass, nigga.
I'm the almighty white man, you know exactly who I am

Eihtball

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2006, 08:32:55 PM »
I'm the almighty white man, you know exactly who I am

Yeah, all the better reason why I don't need to give a fuck about you.  I know plenty of white people, so I don't need to give a shit about another one getting butt-hurt because of a joke I played on Infinite and Real American with my profile.

Jome

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2006, 09:56:05 PM »
An album called 'Hip Hop Is Dead' featuring Will. I. Am.  :eh: :grumpy:

LoL, for real, the irony.. seems like Nas wants to put the last nail in the coffin, expect Kelis on some tracks as well.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2006, 12:11:51 AM »
An album called 'Hip Hop Is Dead' featuring Will. I. Am. :eh: :grumpy:

LoL, for real, the irony.. seems like Nas wants to put the last nail in the coffin, expect Kelis on some tracks as well.

You shouldn't be bitter cuz your idols M.O.P. and Mobb Deep signed to G-Unit.  Nas had Kelis on that "American Way" song on Street's Disciple, and it was a dope song.  Conscious raps, Q-Tip prodcution, classic atomic dog sample.

I agree that Nas should keep it strictly NY.  But whats wrong with Salaam Remi?  He's dropped some good shit for Nas in the past, and thats the producer I most associate with Nas these days.  Be dope to get Primo, Q-Tip, Large Pro, Slick Rick but that prolly won't be happening.  I'm pretty sure we'll see Just Blaze and Kanye pop up.  That isn't a bad thing, but it just seems predictable.

Nas and Jay have an opportunity to make a classic record here, but I'm not 100% they're going to execute.  Having said that, it's still one of my most anticipated hip hop records this year, and I'm buying it when it drops.

J Bananas

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2006, 12:33:03 AM »
he needs some fire young jeezy ad-libs to spice up production

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2006, 01:42:04 AM »
I really hope Quik has some production on this like was rumored earlier...

Quik and Nas together??? :o

I can't even imagine what thatz goin' to sound like hope Quik endz up producin' something on tha album that should be really interesting!!

~Loyalty Is Everything~

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2006, 01:59:57 AM »

I agree instead of just rambling on about what state hip hop iz in and down playin' tha South, rapperz who are complainin' should work and try to change what they think iz wrong with tha music!

And I hope Hip Hop Is Dead iz not tha final title for tha album... :(

~Loyalty Is Everything~

Sikotic™

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2006, 03:05:06 AM »
Yeah hip hop is dead. A Quik/Nas collabo could bring it back though.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2006, 04:20:34 AM »

Exactly. Lets hope he has lots of Kanye and Just Blaze there and of course DJ Premier !

Jome

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2006, 06:47:03 AM »
You shouldn't be bitter cuz your idols M.O.P. and Mobb Deep signed to G-Unit.  Nas had Kelis on that "American Way" song on Street's Disciple, and it was a dope song.  Conscious raps, Q-Tip prodcution, classic atomic dog sample.

I agree that Nas should keep it strictly NY.  But whats wrong with Salaam Remi?  He's dropped some good shit for Nas in the past, and thats the producer I most associate with Nas these days.  Be dope to get Primo, Q-Tip, Large Pro, Slick Rick but that prolly won't be happening.  I'm pretty sure we'll see Just Blaze and Kanye pop up.  That isn't a bad thing, but it just seems predictable.

Nas and Jay have an opportunity to make a classic record here, but I'm not 100% they're going to execute.  Having said that, it's still one of my most anticipated hip hop records this year, and I'm buying it when it drops.

What the fuck is you talking about, I was commenting on Will I Am's presence on a LP called "Hiphop is dead", and the irony of that, not the wackness of Blood Money.
Will I Am should be perm banned from hiphop after "My Humps" and that garbage with Pussycat Dolls, now he's fucking up Busta & Nas albums as well ?
Fuck outta here.

'EclipZe

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2006, 07:00:05 AM »

it suits him, he's one of the reasons, although his productions are tite sometimes