Author Topic: Nas Drops New LP In September, Declares Hip-Hop Dead  (Read 1716 times)

Eihtball

Re: Nas Drops New LP In September, Declares Hip-Hop Dead
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2006, 11:47:51 AM »
An album called 'Hip Hop Is Dead' featuring Will. I. Am.  :eh: :grumpy:

it suits him, he's one of the reasons, although his productions are tite sometimes

Actually, BEP used to be really dope before they put out "Elephunk".  People seem to forget that.  It was really only when that fugly skank Fergie came in that they started becoming a hip-pop/crap group.  If Will.I.Am doesn't do the same kind of shit he's done on the last two BEP albums, I'd be fine with him working with Nas.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 02:09:59 PM by Tha Spirt Ov Allah Clarence 13Xtra Tha Fatha (Iz Active) »

WestCoasta

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2006, 12:46:18 PM »
I don't know about u fags but I put Will I Am and Kanye West in the same fuckin category

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2006, 01:30:00 PM »
Nas does have a point though...  Hip Hop Is Dead.   I love the title.  It's perfect, because Nas represents what hip-hop used to be (although he's fallen off a little bit himself).
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2006, 02:05:50 PM »

it suits him, he's one of the reasons, although his productions are tite sometimes

Actually, BEP used to be really dope before they put out "Elephunk".  People seem to forget that.  It was really only when that fugly skank Fergie came in that they started before a hip-pop/crap group.  If Will.I.Am doesn't do the same kind of shit he's done on the last two BEP albums, I'd be fine with him working with Nas.

Yup, I find it funny that BEPs best song since Fergie joined the group is Like That a song that she's not even on. I'd gladly buy another BEP album it all the songs didn't feature her and were as dope as that song.

Eihtball

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2006, 02:14:49 PM »
Also, does anyone know if Quan's gonna be on this album?  I sure hope so.

Doggystylin

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2006, 04:02:02 PM »
Nas does have a point though...  Hip Hop Is Dead.   I love the title.  It's perfect, because Nas represents what hip-hop used to be (although he's fallen off a little bit himself).

wow you think nas has fallen off? if he has then who hasnt in your world

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2006, 03:56:45 PM »
my thoughts on this:

I'm tired of artists complaining about how much hip hop sucks right now. Do your part and change things, instead of complaining about how everything sucks nowadays.
I have no problem with Will I Am on the album. BEP used to be tight a few years ago.
Jay-Z's involvement makes me somewhat concerned. I hope Nas doesn't sacrifice his artistic integrity with this album.
As much as I would love a Quik/Nas collab, the album should have a New York sound, IMO.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2006, 06:07:23 PM »

LoL, for real, the irony.. seems like Nas wants to put the last nail in the coffin, expect Kelis on some tracks as well.

You shouldn't be bitter cuz your idols M.O.P. and Mobb Deep signed to G-Unit. Nas had Kelis on that "American Way" song on Street's Disciple, and it was a dope song. Conscious raps, Q-Tip prodcution, classic atomic dog sample.

I agree that Nas should keep it strictly NY. But whats wrong with Salaam Remi? He's dropped some good shit for Nas in the past, and thats the producer I most associate with Nas these days. Be dope to get Primo, Q-Tip, Large Pro, Slick Rick but that prolly won't be happening. I'm pretty sure we'll see Just Blaze and Kanye pop up. That isn't a bad thing, but it just seems predictable.

Nas and Jay have an opportunity to make a classic record here, but I'm not 100% they're going to execute. Having said that, it's still one of my most anticipated hip hop records this year, and I'm buying it when it drops.

What the fuck is you talking about, I was commenting on Will I Am's presence on a LP called "Hiphop is dead", and the irony of that, not the wackness of Blood Money.
Will I Am should be perm banned from hiphop after "My Humps" and that garbage with Pussycat Dolls, now he's fucking up Busta & Nas albums as well ?
Fuck outta here.

I was responding to you saying "seems like Nas wants to put the last nail in the coffin, expect Kelis on some tracks as well" like that was wack or something.  I simply pointed out that their collab on SD came off tight.  I don't get how you can hate on Nas - IMO their aren't many cats taking as much artistic risk as him in the last 5 years.  He's not doing corny ass R&B songs like your hero 50.  Compare his last 4 albums to say Jigga for example:  Stillmatic>Blueprint, Street's Disciple>>>>>>BP2, God's Son>Black Album.

Look at the singles he's chosen since '01:

Got Yourself A Gun
One Mic
Made You Look
I Can
Theifs Theme
Bridging the Gap
Just a Moment
UBR

He's released his vintage gritty shit, thought provoking shit, and paid homage to his musical inspirations.  Who else is doin shit like that these days? 

And I'm not immediately writing off the collab with Will.i.am yet.  Granted, BEP's have been putting out some of the poppiest wack bullshit with their last couple albums.  If you peep some of their older shit, you'll see they do have skill.  They're dumbing themselves down like a mother fucker to get money (ie like 95% of any song getting airplay on radio / MTV / BET.)  Now, if they do "Let's Get it Started pt. II" i'll def be pissed off.  But if they go artistic with it, it could come off dope.

I def don't want Nas' version of the Black Album here either.  I don't mind a Kanye or Just beat, but I don't want either of them all over the album.

Jome

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2006, 07:21:06 PM »
^^ Kelis isn't good imo, and neither was their collabo on Street Disciple.

LOL @ you being obsessed with 50 Cent, you just have to slip him into any thread you post in, don't you ?? No matter how unrelated it is.  :D
Also LOL @ you saying that all Nas albums are better than Jay-Z albums, are you Nasir Jones, or you just got a inferiority complex on behalf of him ?? Must be one of the two.

And I'm not immediately writing off the collab with Will.i.am yet.

Of course you haven't, Nas (possibly you) is on it.
Me, I've written off BEP, and most thing related to them, if I hear them on the radio, I'm reaching for the channel changer.  :nawty:

Jay-Z's involvement makes me somewhat concerned.

Can't see why that would make anyone concerned if a Will I Am cameo doesn't make you concerned..., Jay-Z have consistently been picking better beats than Nas for the last 5 years.
Unless Jay chooses to go for a "Change clothes and go" type of single, but that would just be 1 track, and it's not like Nas is unfamiliar with Neptunes.

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2006, 08:04:43 PM »
are you Nasir Jones, or you just got a inferiority complex on behalf of him ?? Must be one of the two.

Yeah, MUST be one of the two... good job Jome
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2006, 08:10:55 PM »
^^ Kelis isn't good imo, and neither was their collabo on Street Disciple.

LOL @ you being obsessed with 50 Cent, you just have to slip him into any thread you post in, don't you ?? No matter how unrelated it is. :D
Also LOL @ you saying that all Nas albums are better than Jay-Z albums, are you Nasir Jones, or you just got a inferiority complex on behalf of him ?? Must be one of the two.

Step your reading comprehension game up.  I said in the last 5 years not ALL.  Nas albums >>> Jay Z albums since 2001.  But now that you mention it....Nas catalog >>>> Jay's catalog. 8)  Shit, Nas' throwaway songs shit on some of Jigga's albums.  So if I say Nas albums are better than Jiggas I have an inferiority complex? LMFAO! What exactly are you basing that on?  Or are you just a bitch getting emotional and throwing out random insults?  I know you're still upset that your wet dream album Blood Money was fucking horrible.  You still waiting for M.O.P. to drop on G-Unit?  :loser:

And I'm not immediately writing off the collab with Will.i.am yet.

Of course you haven't, Nas (possibly you) is on it.
Me, I've written off BEP, and most thing related to them, if I hear them on the radio, I'm reaching for the channel changer. :nawty:

Yes, I'm Nas.  Don't tell anybody though.

Again, step your comprehension up.  Is BEP on the song or Will.I.Am...?  Did you not read where I said they've put out nothing pop wack pop bullshit over their last 2 cds ???  Are you disputing that Will.I.Am is a talented dude?  Have you ever listened to their older shit?  I based my statement on the fact that WIA has shown he's a talented dude in the past, not what BEP has been doing the last few years.  It could very well be wack, but he's shown some shit in the past to at least withhold judgment till you hear it.  

Jay-Z's involvement makes me somewhat concerned.
Can't see why that would make anyone concerned if a Will I Am cameo doesn't make you concerned..., Jay-Z have consistently been picking better beats than Nas for the last 5 years.
Unless Jay chooses to go for a "Change clothes and go" type of single, but that would just be 1 track, and it's not like Nas is unfamiliar with Neptunes.

Back up your statements...Jay has a better ear for beats than Nas?  Anybody can put Kanye and Just Blaze all over a cd.  Nas' singles shit on Jay's since 2001.  

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2006, 08:43:22 PM »
I really hope Quik has some production on this like was rumored earlier...
i hope not, keep strictly ny.... and no salamm remi either.  How many titles has this album had so far.... the jones experience, nasdaq down jones, nigger, and now this one.
LMFAO

Jome

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2006, 09:13:48 PM »
  Anybody can put Kanye and Just Blaze all over a cd.

CLEARLY, AFTER JAY-Z DISCOVERED AND PUT THEM ON.
LoL, good one.

You still waiting for M.O.P. to drop on G-Unit?

Yeah, I'm a M.O.P. fan, so what ?

Back up your statements...Jay has a better ear for beats than Nas?  Anybody can put Kanye and Just Blaze all over a cd.  Nas' singles shit on Jay's since 2001. 

Won't argue on that, as Jay had some horrible commercial singles, just for the sales & MTV audience, and Nas had some good singles, but singles doesn't make albums alone.
Your hate for Jay-Z shines through in all your posts in this thread, maybe only surpassed by your somewhat unhealthy fascination for Nas, putting him on a godlike pedestal.  :-\

coola

« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2006, 03:14:30 AM »
I really hope Quik has some production on this like was rumored earlier...
i hope not, keep strictly ny...
I hope he has some on there and then you'll feel like a dick when it's the tightest shit u've ever heard  :D
nah I like quik hes a top 5 producer and hes >>> dre but I want this album to be strictly ny b/c thats what ny really needs.
I respect that and kinda agree.... I do think areas need to be clickin back up again in their respective regions

still wanna hear a Quik and Nas collabo tho, would be crazy

yeah man, agree with that 100%... i think quik could come up with his own dope east coast style... cant wait.

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2006, 09:04:41 AM »
This album will be shit.