Author Topic: Lincoln's 5 Favourite Bass Players  (Read 1343 times)

WestCoasta

Re: Lincoln's 5 Favourite Bass Players
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2006, 02:11:32 PM »
yeah man my favorite bass is the old school 808 bass kick, an essential to anything thats meant for slump in your trunk feel me? that clean ass boom followed by an open hi hat and a snare, none of those dudes can compete

for real tho those old rocknroll musicians are nuts!  some of em are real talented

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2006, 02:23:31 PM »
man stfu, Stairway to heaven is considered one of the greatest songs of all time, sampled alot also. Dre may have sampled it, but these guys actually composed the shit. Someone like Dre looks up to a person like John Paul Jones. Step ure music game up.

Not until I've heard every hip-hop artist alive from every spot on the world and listened in depth to their music and pondered deeply over the message that they are trying to convey, will I ever need to listen to the John Paul Jones (whoever that is).
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2006, 02:37:30 PM »
man stfu, Stairway to heaven is considered one of the greatest songs of all time, sampled alot also. Dre may have sampled it, but these guys actually composed the shit. Someone like Dre looks up to a person like John Paul Jones. Step ure music game up.

Not until I've heard every hip-hop artist alive from every spot on the world and listened in depth to their music and pondered deeply over the message that they are trying to convey, will I ever need to listen to the John Paul Jones (whoever that is).

John Paul Jones is actually a devout muslim who playes bass and keyboards in worship to the creator.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2006, 02:39:47 PM »

John Paul Jones is actually a devout muslim who playes bass and keyboards in worship to the creator.

You reminded me, have ya'll ever heard of Cat Stevens aka Yusuf Islam?
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2006, 02:48:07 PM »

WTF are you talking about? Not everyone has depth in hip hop and we're talking about bass players here. You have no sense in music. Your statement above reflects your beliefs and your life in many ways.

And Cat Stevens was a singer, not a bass player. He sold 60 million records as Cat Stevens then converted to Islam and that's where it ended.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

WestCoasta

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2006, 02:50:29 PM »
I love how Infinite is proved wrong and he ignores it and switches shit up

Trauma-san

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2006, 02:56:35 PM »
My favorite bassist is Paul McCartney, bar none.  I think he wasn't necessarily the most talented, but he was extremely creative in a 'that's just solid' kind of way.  All the Beatles were like that, they weren't necessarily more talented than others, they just did things the right way.  Paul McCartney played and still does play bass the way it should be played... very melodic, he plays it as if it's a guitar with lots of walking basslines and creative approaches to the way he structures the rhythm of the songs.  The bassline in "Silly Love Songs" is off the hook.  It was Paul McCartney who petitioned Capitol Records and begged them to cut the grooves deeper in the vinyl on the beatles records so the bass could be mixed up... and basically it's still mixed up decades later.  Paul was a big fan of Motown and kind of expounded on the groove that a lot of that great music created, a lot of it was through Rhythm and Paul took it to even another level.  "Paperback Writer"!  "Rain" is fucking incredible.  Listen to the little triplets he plays in the second chorus.  He even made downright funk songs like "Goodnight Tonight", the bass is on another level in that song.  One of the Beatles earliest songs was "I saw her standing there"... listen to the bassline, you probably never have before and you'll be surprised to see how good of a player Paul was even in the beginning.  Listen to "Something" and how Paul actually matched George's brilliant lead guitar licks with beautiful moody bass licks that mirror and mimick George at the same time.  Even throwaway stuff like "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" the bassline is head and shoulders above what most other people were doing at the time.  Paul's always been my favorite bassist becuase of the melody and attention he threw into his basslines... he stole the show everytime, on nearly every Beatles song.  

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2006, 03:01:48 PM »

WTF are you talking about? Not everyone has depth in hip hop and we're talking about bass players here. You have no sense in music. Your statement above reflects your beliefs and your life in many ways.

Bass players live to be sampled by Dr. Dre.  That's the only time their carears are worth anything, like when Led Zepplin was privileged enough to end up on "The Chronic".  That made their carear, and for that I give them the utmost respect.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 03:04:48 PM by Hajj Ibrahim Abdul-Infinite Islam Abu Muhammad Uthman »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2006, 03:05:35 PM »
My favorite bassist is Paul McCartney, bar none.  I think he wasn't necessarily the most talented, but he was extremely creative in a 'that's just solid' kind of way.  All the Beatles were like that, they weren't necessarily more talented than others, they just did things the right way.  Paul McCartney played and still does play bass the way it should be played... very melodic, he plays it as if it's a guitar with lots of walking basslines and creative approaches to the way he structures the rhythm of the songs.  The bassline in "Silly Love Songs" is off the hook.  It was Paul McCartney who petitioned Capitol Records and begged them to cut the grooves deeper in the vinyl on the beatles records so the bass could be mixed up... and basically it's still mixed up decades later.  Paul was a big fan of Motown and kind of expounded on the groove that a lot of that great music created, a lot of it was through Rhythm and Paul took it to even another level.  "Paperback Writer"!  "Rain" is fucking incredible.  Listen to the little triplets he plays in the second chorus.  He even made downright funk songs like "Goodnight Tonight", the bass is on another level in that song.  One of the Beatles earliest songs was "I saw her standing there"... listen to the bassline, you probably never have before and you'll be surprised to see how good of a player Paul was even in the beginning.  Listen to "Something" and how Paul actually matched George's brilliant lead guitar licks with beautiful moody bass licks that mirror and mimick George at the same time.  Even throwaway stuff like "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" the bassline is head and shoulders above what most other people were doing at the time.  Paul's always been my favorite bassist becuase of the melody and attention he threw into his basslines... he stole the show everytime, on nearly every Beatles song.  

The Beatles were the NSync of the 60's.

WestCoasta

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2006, 03:06:21 PM »
this guy is obviously trying to get a rise out of people

:-*

Trauma-san

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2006, 03:06:32 PM »

Bass players live to be sampled by Dr. Dre.  That's the only time their carears are worth anything, like when Led Zepplin was priveledged enough to end up on "The Chronic".  That made their carear, and for that I give them the utmost respect.

Paul McCartney is a bass player, he's worth 1.4 billion dollars and is likely the most famous musician alive.
Led Zeppelin is the second best selling music act of all time, right behind... wait for it... wait for it.... the Beatles, who were led largely by Paul McCartney.  
Dr. Dre is about #80 on the alltime 'worth' list of musical acts.  

WestCoasta

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2006, 03:06:56 PM »
GEAH!!

"I see through u but u can't see me"

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2006, 03:09:20 PM »
Bass players live to be sampled by Dr. Dre.  That's the only time their carears are worth anything, like when Led Zepplin was privileged enough to end up on "The Chronic".  That made their carear, and for that I give them the utmost respect.

So their career is worth something because some white boy from the Mid-West happened to buy a West Coast gangsta rap record and find out that the beats were sampled by one of the biggest selling acts of all time? Over 300 million records to be exact. You're a fuckin moron my friend, always will be.

And they were not privileged idiot, they got PAID!

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Trauma-san

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2006, 03:09:30 PM »

The Beatles were the NSync of the 60's.

And you're the next John Walker.  How's your daddy?  

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2006, 03:10:41 PM »

Bass players live to be sampled by Dr. Dre.  That's the only time their carears are worth anything, like when Led Zepplin was priveledged enough to end up on "The Chronic".  That made their carear, and for that I give them the utmost respect.
LMAO Led Zeppelin was privileged enough to be sampled? You mean Dre was privileged enough to sample them. Led Zeppelin are one of the most influential artists in music period. Not to mention that they've sold over 100 million albums in the US alone and their album Led Zepplin IV/ZoSo has sold over 20 mill.