Author Topic: Lincoln's 5 Favourite Bass Players  (Read 1370 times)

WestCoasta

Re: Lincoln's 5 Favourite Bass Players
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2006, 03:21:44 PM »
Live Nudes

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2006, 03:24:11 PM »
LMAO Led Zeppelin was privileged enough to be sampled? You mean Dre was privileged enough to sample them. Led Zeppelin are one of the most influential artists in music period. Not to mention that they've sold over 100 million albums in the US alone and their album Led Zepplin IV/ZoSo has sold over 20 mill.

And today Rock Artists have to steal from hip-hop to sell any records.
So, 60's & 70's rock>>>>>> any rap. And rap is my favorite form of music but I'm not blindly ignorant. And rappers have to dumb down their music nowadays to sell.

WestCoasta

« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2006, 03:24:34 PM »
hookers

Eihtball

« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2006, 03:28:58 PM »
And you're the next John Walker.  How's your daddy?  

LOL, I actually told him that once...forget where, but the similarities are frightening.

J Bananas

« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2006, 03:51:53 PM »
hookers

this guy knows whats up, im wondering, for my 21st birthday, should i get a prostitute here in cali or when i go to vegas in a couple weeks? its a tough decision. thers gonna be lots of available ass in vegas so a hooker isnt really necessary, but it would make for an even freakier time, or should i just give in and let my boys get a hooker here like they said they would??? decisions decisions

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2006, 06:25:19 PM »
Lol, this thread went nuts. I don't see why everyone still pays attention to Infinite, you feed into his ridiculousness when you respond to him, he's not even a real person. I hold by my hypothesis that he is doing a study of some sort and his "shock posts" which he has always made are used to gauge a reaction which he then uses as research.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

WestCoasta

« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2006, 11:56:08 AM »
^^^ which would make him insane either way and prove how much more of a scumbag he is

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2006, 12:13:55 PM »
My favorite bassist is Paul McCartney, bar none.  I think he wasn't necessarily the most talented, but he was extremely creative in a 'that's just solid' kind of way.  All the Beatles were like that, they weren't necessarily more talented than others, they just did things the right way.  Paul McCartney played and still does play bass the way it should be played... very melodic, he plays it as if it's a guitar with lots of walking basslines and creative approaches to the way he structures the rhythm of the songs.  The bassline in "Silly Love Songs" is off the hook.  It was Paul McCartney who petitioned Capitol Records and begged them to cut the grooves deeper in the vinyl on the beatles records so the bass could be mixed up... and basically it's still mixed up decades later.  Paul was a big fan of Motown and kind of expounded on the groove that a lot of that great music created, a lot of it was through Rhythm and Paul took it to even another level.  "Paperback Writer"!  "Rain" is fucking incredible.  Listen to the little triplets he plays in the second chorus.  He even made downright funk songs like "Goodnight Tonight", the bass is on another level in that song.  One of the Beatles earliest songs was "I saw her standing there"... listen to the bassline, you probably never have before and you'll be surprised to see how good of a player Paul was even in the beginning.  Listen to "Something" and how Paul actually matched George's brilliant lead guitar licks with beautiful moody bass licks that mirror and mimick George at the same time.  Even throwaway stuff like "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" the bassline is head and shoulders above what most other people were doing at the time.  Paul's always been my favorite bassist becuase of the melody and attention he threw into his basslines... he stole the show everytime, on nearly every Beatles song. 

The Beatles were the NSync of the 60's.

and mohammed was the justin timberlake of the bc's

now kindly fuck off if you dont wanna discuss like a normal person

Diabolical

« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2006, 03:13:17 PM »
Who are the Beatles?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2006, 05:07:50 PM »
My favorite bassist is Paul McCartney, bar none.  I think he wasn't necessarily the most talented, but he was extremely creative in a 'that's just solid' kind of way.  All the Beatles were like that, they weren't necessarily more talented than others, they just did things the right way.  Paul McCartney played and still does play bass the way it should be played... very melodic, he plays it as if it's a guitar with lots of walking basslines and creative approaches to the way he structures the rhythm of the songs.  The bassline in "Silly Love Songs" is off the hook.  It was Paul McCartney who petitioned Capitol Records and begged them to cut the grooves deeper in the vinyl on the beatles records so the bass could be mixed up... and basically it's still mixed up decades later.  Paul was a big fan of Motown and kind of expounded on the groove that a lot of that great music created, a lot of it was through Rhythm and Paul took it to even another level.  "Paperback Writer"!  "Rain" is fucking incredible.  Listen to the little triplets he plays in the second chorus.  He even made downright funk songs like "Goodnight Tonight", the bass is on another level in that song.  One of the Beatles earliest songs was "I saw her standing there"... listen to the bassline, you probably never have before and you'll be surprised to see how good of a player Paul was even in the beginning.  Listen to "Something" and how Paul actually matched George's brilliant lead guitar licks with beautiful moody bass licks that mirror and mimick George at the same time.  Even throwaway stuff like "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" the bassline is head and shoulders above what most other people were doing at the time.  Paul's always been my favorite bassist becuase of the melody and attention he threw into his basslines... he stole the show everytime, on nearly every Beatles song. 

The Beatles were the NSync of the 60's.

and mohammed was the justin timberlake of the bc's

now kindly fuck off if you dont wanna discuss like a normal person

Actually Muhammad came 600 years after Christ.

Buhda

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2006, 06:14:39 PM »
No order

1. John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin)

The only thing Led Zeppelin has ever been good for is when Dr. Dre sampled one of their bass lines for "The Chronic" album.

Actually Dre sampled a drum beat from Led Zeppelin so know what your talking about before you talk shit, he sampled the drums from the beging of 'When The Leeve Breaks' for 'Lyrical Gangbang'

Best Bassist to ever live was Jaco Pastorius, if you havn't heard him go get his self titled album and prepare to be blown away.

coola

« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2006, 01:55:12 AM »
you idiots, John Paul Jones is WHITE !!! HE IS THE DEVIL !!!! are you all mad ?