Author Topic: ++Jordan Farmar To Work Out For The Lakers!!++...I really hope we take him.  (Read 1775 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Guards To Begin Draft Workouts
UCLA's sophomore guards Arron Afflalo and Jordan Farmar might be staying in Los Angeles even if they forego their two years of college eligibility for the NBA. Both the Lakers and the Clippers will stage private workouts for Afflalo and Farmar, the Los Angeles Times reported on Wednesday.

Both guards, who declared for the NBA Draft on April 20, are projected to be late first-round or early second-round picks if they stay in this year's draft, held June 28.

It is usually customary for NBA teams to host workouts for their local eligible prospects.

Last week, ESPN.com reported that UCLA assistant coach Kerry Keating was in Los Angeles viewing local NBA workouts to help prepare for both the Laker and Clipper workouts.

Both players, however, can't work out for either team until they become part-time students. They are projected to do that by Friday, when they drop one of their three classes.

I've been talkin' about this dude for years (Jordan Farmar), I played high-school ball with him...He's gunna be great, I hope the Lakers take him, he could easily be a late first round or even second round steal...Also, I wouldn't mind taking Afflalo in the second round, kid has potential, I like his slashing game...Also, Ryan Hollins is looking like a nice second round big with upside. 3 UCLA propsects in the draft this year, should be really interesting...I'm also still interested in the development of Dijon Thompson, he didn't really get to showcase his skill much in Phoenix, but he did good when he did play...PeACe

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
i dont really know much about Affalo, and the only thing i know about Farmar is his performance in the tournament.

to cut it short, he impressed me with his game & skills. if i knew more bout NCAA i'd be more insightful but thats bout it

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

rik

I wouldn't mind gettin Farmar

Doggystylin

both Farmar and Affalo are great players, I wouldn't mind seein em on our squad either, do it!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Imagine if the Lakers drafted all 3...Damn, that'd be some crazy shit...We can take Jordan with our 26th pick and then Arron Afflalo and Ryan Hollins with our 2 2nd round picks...Shit would be crazy, those players already have chemistry...Unlikely that it would happen, but as someone who personally played with Jordan, I would do it in a second...PeACe

ecrazy

^^U played with Farmar? Did u play for Taft too? I got to play with him when he was over here playing some pick up games a while ago with people from the ABA team that plays at APU. I think they were from taft too, or he knows them really well. Dude does have skills, but he kept passing it, he kept calling himself "the assist manager"..lol

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The PG guy from UCLA? Why not, yeah. I like that dude.

Farmar+Parker+McKie =  8)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster

Fuck McKie. I've never heard of either of these guyz (I just got into college football, so it'll take a while for me to get into college basketball). Are any of these guys true point guards? Cause a playmaker is the most valuble asset in basketball next to a big man.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

^^U played with Farmar? Did u play for Taft too? I got to play with him when he was over here playing some pick up games a while ago with people from the ABA team that plays at APU. I think they were from taft too, or he knows them really well. Dude does have skills, but he kept passing it, he kept calling himself "the assist manager"..lol

Yes, I played for Taft...Farmar is a very cocky guy if you get to know him, no doubt, but he actually has skill to back up his personality...PeACe.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Fuck McKie. I've never heard of either of these guyz (I just got into college football, so it'll take a while for me to get into college basketball). Are any of these guys true point guards? Cause a playmaker is the most valuble asset in basketball next to a big man.

Jordan Farmar defines a true point guard. Excellent playmaker, fluid jumper, he has range, ball-handeling skills...His defense is still a little shakey, but he's getting stronger...I was talking about this guy being an NBA star when he was still a junior in high school with me. I know talent, and this guy is definitely blessed...PeACe

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Fuck McKie.

Man we really missed him this past season.

Doggystylin

Fuck McKie.

missed him, we never even had him and im glad, it gave more time for our other players to develop, mckie is old and washed up and cant add much anyways, i like jim jackson better than him

Addicted To Cake

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Whos Next?
i doubt u played for taft. whats your name so i can look u up in the yr book. or post a pic or a myspace or something.

Lakers need a PG right now but Farmar would get no PT with Phil. i hope they draft farmar but Lakers need a veteran like Sam Cassell & Smush parker coming off the bench.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Sam I Am? Hell muthafucking yeah!!! 8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Fuck McKie.

missed him, we never even had him and im glad, it gave more time for our other players to develop, mckie is old and washed up and cant add much anyways, i like jim jackson better than him

Well, you don't know much about what you're talking about, because a healthy player like McKie is exactly what we needed...Too bad he was injured the whole year, but from what I heard, he did a lot of leading vocally...PeACe
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 09:47:07 AM by Now_Im_Blowed »