Author Topic: Is "get over it" really any kind of advice to give a person?  (Read 520 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Have you ever heard someone say "get over it".  There is no such thing as "getting over it".  Infact, every tragic event leaves a scar.  Although it may be painful, one also has a great oppurtunity to wear that scar proudly the rest of their life.  They can call it their "war wound".  Ofcourse I'm talking about mental scars.  Mental impressions upon one's brain.  In order to learn anything it has to make an impression.  It's important to make mistakes because whenever we make a mistake it makes an impression. 

Look at the Prophet Muhammad (salla alayhi wa salaam), who we know claimed no divinity and was just a man and part of creation like you and I.  The Prophet Muhammad (salla alayhi wa salaam) made mistakes like all humans do.  In one instance he frowned at a blind man and overlooked him to continue a discussion with a wealthy man.  Allah used this mistake to teach us in Surah 80 of the Noble Qu'ran.  So you see how any mistake actually carries a great oppurtunity with it, and it can be converted into a lesson.

Likewise, any tragic even in one's life carries a great oppurtunity.  As long as we never forget it or get over it.  Because any tragic event leaves a scar that can serve as an antenna that let's us know where we are at.  Where we are at, is we are a part of our Creator's creation.  We came from our Creator, and we will return to our Creator (Allah). 

So again, the quickest way to memorize or learn anything is when it makes an impression.  So if we just "get over it" then we are ignoring the impression that an event has made on our lives.  If we ignore strong impressions than we are ignoring learning, and we are ignoring an oppurtunity to capatalize on our mistakes and progress further in our individual and collective, evolutionary struggle. 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

coola

Re: Is "get over it" really any kind of advice to give a person?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 01:26:51 AM »
when i tell someone to get over it, all it means is dont dwell on it... that will just hurt you further.

coola

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 01:43:41 AM »
lol, i bet you were critisizing your mum for drinking coffee or some shit, or relaxing in front of the t.v, so she told you to shut the fuck up and get over it... actin like a lil bitch 24/7.

get help infinite, you need medical psychiatric treatment, obviously religion isnt enough for you.

WestCoasta

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 02:05:32 AM »
 ;D ----- o====8

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 02:06:25 AM »
when i tell someone to get over it, all it means is dont dwell on it... that will just hurt you further.

NO MORE WAR

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 02:21:39 AM »
yeah.. its how you take it..

not 'get over it you muppet'.. its 'accept how things are, and do what you need to put it out of your mind, move on'

infinite is one of these weird characters who feels the need to live his live through the forum and the internet and is so insecure he comes here for self justification and acceptance.

I had a shitty day friday.. my folks were away.. and i had to go get our dog from the people looking after her as she was ill and take her to the vets.. and then I had to make the decision to put down the dog we've had 15 years.. since she was a pup.. all while my younger sister was in tears, all while calling my distraught parents who were 100s of miles away to let them know at what was going on.. and after all that watch as they put her to sleep.

Am i whining like some kind of attention seeking bitch over the internet about it? am i blaming myself, god, or my fellow white folks? no. i accept she was old, and ill, i know she knows i loved her and my concience is clean. in fact i feel relieved because i know she wont be suffering anymore.

i felt pretty shitty saturday and realised i was mopping around.. so i got my shit together and went and did something that cheered me up.

_thats what getting over it is_ its NOT sitting around being a loser moaning about it.. its about accepting and being at peace within yourself and accepting things as they are.. about not letting things hold you back.

not being like brian and finding fault in everything, and everyone else in a crass attempt to make yourself look and feel better. You'll notice in life that the people who constantly bitch about their lives are infact breeding their own misery by wallowing in it.

p.s. RIP Tess..  :-*

« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 02:24:42 AM by Overseer »

coola

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 02:23:16 AM »
^ same thing happen with my dog :(

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 02:25:49 AM »
yeah.. its how you take it..

not 'get over it you muppet'.. its 'accept how things are, and do what you need to put it out of your mind, move on'

infinite is one of these weird characters who feels the need to live his live through the forum and the internet and is so insecure he comes here for self justification and acceptance.

I had a shitty day friday.. my folks were away.. and i had to go get our dog from the people looking after her as she was ill and take her to the vets.. and then I had to make the decision to put down the dog we've had 15 years.. since she was a pup.. all while my younger sister was in tears, and then watch them put her to sleep.

Am i whining like some kind of attention seeking bitch over the internet about it? am i blaming myself, god, or my fellow white folks? no. i accept she was old, i know she knows i loved her and my concience is clean. in fact i feel relieved because i know she wont be suffering anymore.

i felt pretty shitty saturday and realised i was mopping around.. so i got my shit together and went and did something that cheered me up.

_thats what getting over it is_ its NOT sitting around being a loser moaning about it.. its about accepting and being at peace within yourself and accepting things as they are.. about not letting things hold you back.

not being like brian and finding fault in everything, and everyone else in a crass attempt to make yourself look and feel better. You'll notice in life that the people who constantly bitch about their lives are infact breeding their own misery by wallowing in it.

p.s. RIP Tess..  :-*

That really blows man. Dogs become like fam after awhile. I've spent over 3 grand keeping my dog alive. I would be realy sad if when he finally goes. But hey, I'll "get over it" because that's life.

If you let some tragedy in life get you down forever, you'll end up bitter and go out like a punk. So anybody that wallows in self pity needs to stop bitching and simply move on. We all have our struggles. I'm going through some of the hardest shit I've ever been through in my life. It'll eventually come to an end, I see the silver lining. When it's all said and done, I'll keep on doin what I gotta do. It's either get over it and leave it in the past or living in the past and getting left in the dust.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 08:39:13 AM »
Seer, sorry to hear about your dog. We have a cat that's acting all weird, so I understand how it can be hard to decide to put a pet down because they are like family.

I think Chief nailed it in his first response.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 10:28:29 AM »
Infinite is just trying to find new ways to bash America, American culture, American lifestyle, etc. Your shit is, and has long been, old. Get a life Brian.

herpes

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2006, 10:31:09 AM »
your father was a drunk that wasnt there emotionally and some white she devil broke your heart 6-7 years ago... get over it... shit happens like that and you know what a normally person does... we keep it moving

WestCoasta

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2006, 12:54:22 PM »
damn Seer, my condolences  :-\

that shit kills me  :P

I got almost a 2 year old pup, nigga is my dogg

J Bananas

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2006, 01:39:19 PM »
RIP to ur dog seer. bryan.......go fuck yourself

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2006, 02:53:24 PM »
situation nasty like college chicks
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Trauma-san

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2006, 04:01:55 PM »
"Get over it" is excellent advice to give to someone. 

BTW, All Dogs Go To Heaven, Overseer.  Everybody knows that.