Author Topic: LAUGH NOW CRY LATER LEAKED!!!  (Read 4007 times)

Eihtball

Re: LAUGH NOW CRY LATER LEAKED!!!
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2006, 11:35:43 AM »
I just finished it.  I'm a bit dissappointed, though I never really tried to elevate my expectations too high in the first place.  I'm really feeling some of the tracks and the production is excellent throughout, but Cube is still a shadow of his former self, and the record runs too long to be a cohesive listen.  Obviously, I ain't expecting another "AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted" or "Death Certificate", but even as a contemporary West Coast gangsta album, it's really just above average.  Cube just can't hold my attention anymore for a whole record.

I'll still be bumping it and all, but this ain't really a new classic, or even one of 2006's best albums, like everyone's been saying.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2006, 11:44:34 AM »
I just finished it.  I'm a bit dissappointed, though I never really tried to elevate my expectations too high in the first place.  I'm really feeling some of the tracks and the production is excellent throughout, but Cube is still a shadow of his former self, and the record runs too long to be a cohesive listen.  Obviously, I ain't expecting another "AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted" or "Death Certificate", but even as a contemporary West Coast gangsta album, it's really just above average.  Cube just can't hold my attention anymore for a whole record.

I'll still be bumping it and all, but this ain't really a new classic, or even one of 2006's best albums, like everyone's been saying.
Listen to it again and tell me if you change your mind. This album obviously won't compare to old Ice Cube, but is still crazy in today's sad state of hip hop.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2006, 11:55:32 AM »
I dont get where evryone is getting this record i cant find it.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2006, 12:21:09 PM »
Did anyone notice that Ice Cube pulled a Mike Jones (took (a) line(s) from one song and made it the hook of another song)? He took a line from "The Game Lord" and put it on "Why We Thugs". He also took 4 bars from his verse on "Get You Down" by Warren G and made it the hook of "The Nigga Trap" (with a small altercation).

Active Ingredient

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • wake up in tha mornin with my lucky charms cereal
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2006, 12:34:38 PM »
Did anyone notice that Ice Cube pulled a Mike Jones (took (a) line(s) from one song and made it the hook of another song)? He took a line from "The Game Lord" and put it on "Why We Thugs". He also took 4 bars from his verse on "Get You Down" by Warren G and made it the hook of "The Nigga Trap" (with a small altercation).

oh my god.

cube just got exposed.

for real though, thats not even close to a mike jones

hot cd though... some beats came out of nowhere and dont seem to fit but its still a good cd.

"I keep it gangsta for the kids" -Goldie Loc

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2006, 12:35:11 PM »
'Spittin Pollaseeds' is tight. pretty funky shit. the whole album is great, cept some of the songs sound the same. but whatever, best album of 2006.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2006, 12:38:39 PM »

oh my god.

cube just got exposed.

for real though, thats not even close to a mike jones

hot cd though... some beats came out of nowhere and dont seem to fit but its still a good cd.
I'm not criticzing what he did, it was actually pretty cool. I know it's no where near Mike Jones. That's why I said he pulled a Mike Jones.

Wessia4LiaNia Chieee Chieee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'M Mo' Than a God I'M a Warrior
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2006, 02:23:28 PM »
that always happens with good albums, but don't worry the real westsidaz will buy it for sure, even if it's leak
Lyrical Swords 4 Lia

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2006, 02:37:45 PM »
i downloaded it this morning 3 'Oclock at home and i downloaded it later today at work and i just finished listening to it.
 :laugh: :'(

Eihtball

« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2006, 03:41:17 PM »

Listen to it again and tell me if you change your mind. This album obviously won't compare to old Ice Cube, but is still crazy in today's sad state of hip hop.

I've heard it twice now.  I like it a LITTLE better, but even with all the shit records out there right now, it ain't necessarily what I'd call "crazy".  It's still pretty good - you can't have a record with cats like Scott Storch and Swizz Beatz and not be listenable, and Cube still got mic presence - but it's just a bit long and on the weak side overall.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster

805Cyclone

« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2006, 04:05:49 PM »
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2006, 04:56:49 PM »
they shouldve cut some tracks off this

that beat to She Gotta Lotta That is siiick
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

picoplaya

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2006, 05:07:09 PM »
actually after another listen , most of the cube sounds too commercial. but im still jammin the new roscoe . that shit is staight  west coast. just my opinion...

bigchris67

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2006, 10:11:28 PM »
if u need a link holla at me

can i get that link?