Author Topic: DJ Green Lantern and DJ Kay Slay - On My New York Shit  (Read 93 times)

ChinBo37

• 'G'
DJ Green Lantern and DJ Kay Slay - On My New York Shit
« on: May 26, 2006, 05:06:27 PM »
Ok what are your thoughts on the album for those who have listened to the whole thing? Its obvious that with Southern Rap blowing up over the airwaves of America (NY included) that NY rappers are mad  >:(

I personally dont really care about this 'NY movement' but this mixtape is the hottest I have heard in a while. IMO the highlights are

Papoose - Out In NY (Produced By DJ Green Lantern) -

hmm so this is Papoose hunh? The first track I have ever heard of him and let me tell you this track is fire. "Im going to reach over the cournter and punchem, you can call me a counter-puncher" that was a sick line, can anyone reccomend me the best Papoose mixtapes and albums?

Busta Rhymes/Nas - Rough Around The Edges

Another banging track, the Nas flow is real nice. Im not the biggest Busta fan but he comes nice on this too

Styles P./Fat Joe/ Wyclef/Snyplife - The Way We Get Down

This is another highlight of this mixtape, great hook from Wyclef and nice flows from Fat Joe and Stlyes

DJ Kay Slay Feat. Ghostface/Raekwon/Kool G. Rap/Big Daddy/Lord Tariq

OMG for those who havent heard this find it now!

Tru Life Feat. Akon - Ride Out (Produced By DJ Green Lant

This is obviously a sick track, for those who like Akon hooks

Busta Rhymes Feat. Swizz Beats - New York Shit (Produced

Another quality track to end the album, I wonder if it will be on Big Bang\

Ok this wasnt an album review as much as it was to hear what Westcoast fans thought of this album. I dont listen to much stuff from the east but there were some nice tracks on this. Maybe some competition on NY airwaves is what they need to up their game but if I hear more mixtapes like this Ill definately be checking NY.